Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 16:08   #1096

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hi All, please help me with my query. What is the ideal tyre pressure to be maintained. Most of the times I travel alone. on weekends max 2 people will travel. Is it 32 or 33 or a combination of it for front and rear. I am unable to decide. Please help.
Old 19th October 2016, 13:05   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the center armrest fixed. Thanks for Flipkart sale procured a slim one for 1000 bucks and got them fixed yesterday. Though the gauge of the frame metal is pretty thin, its still fixed well so no movement or rattle. My biggest concern was the width of the armrest since Grand i10 center console tucks in snug between the seats. But thankfully the armrest is wide enough for free movement of the seats.

Need to adjust the height as it feels a tad higher than what I would have liked. Thats a DIY to be done soon.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-centerarmrest.jpg
Old 25th October 2016, 10:12   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Problem with Clutch Release.

Hi Guys, i am facing a peculiar issues from the last one month and need your advice on the possible reasons for the same and suggested solutions.

Issue - Everytime I press the clutch or release the clutch, there is weird noise "TAK TAK TAK....". It is similar to the noise/ sound which is generated when two rusted components or Non-Lubricated metallic components rub against each other. It is there even when the car is stationary or the engine is not running.

Actions taken so far - I went to the Authorized dealer and they did come tuning of the clutch. The Problem came back same day itself. I am planning to visit the showroom this week.

Have you faced similar issues? Any suggestions you would like to give?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I get only one "KAT" sound, when releasing the clutch slowly in bumper to bumper traffic.

Have plans to go to service center this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
I also had one"KAT" sound. Now the car is having "KAT KAT KAT"!
The problem kept reoccurring. I went to the ASS and the SA had the clutch wire adjusted again, but the problem persisted.

Finally, he agreed to replace the clutch wire under warranty. It was replaced and it had been trouble free since 4 days. The car is behaving better in bumper to bumper traffic and slow speed power delivery has increased.

In the process, the mechanics somehow scratched (read: 4 deep scratches) the center console (The one which has bottle holders and hand brake). I got furious and asked him to replace the unit with a new one. Which, he hesitantly did.

Last edited by sidzz : 25th October 2016 at 10:13.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:02   #1099
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
What is the ideal tyre pressure to be maintained. Most of the times I travel alone. on weekends max 2 people will travel. Is it 32 or 33 or a combination of it for front and rear. I am unable to decide. Please help.
The only "ideal" tyre pressure is the one which makes the driver & occupants most comfortable (as long as it's within the safe limits).

Most manufacturers tend to "recommend" slightly higher tyre pressures - in the interests of obtaining a better FE number on the ARAI test.

You can begin with the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure (cold) that's on the sticker on the driver's door frame. If this leads to a bumpy ride, reduce the pressure all-round by 2 psi. If the ride is still bumpy, reduce it by another 2 psi. You should be able to find your ideal tyre pressure by this experimentation method within 5~6 psi of the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure.

Whatever pressure you choose, do make it a point to check (& maintain) it at regular intervals!

Last edited by RSR : 25th October 2016 at 11:06.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 21:03   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The only "ideal" tyre pressure is the one which makes the driver & occupants most comfortable (as long as it's within the safe limits).

You can begin with the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure (cold) that's on the sticker on the driver's door frame. If this leads to a bumpy ride, reduce the pressure all-round by 2 psi. If the ride is still bumpy, reduce it by another 2 psi. You should be able to find your ideal tyre pressure by this experimentation method within 5~6 psi of the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure.

Whatever pressure you choose, do make it a point to check (& maintain) it at regular intervals!
Another thing to remember while finding correct tyre pressure is that if you are on a road trip or if your daily driving involves driving on the highway - make sure you do not go much lower than the recommended level. Always remember - lower tyre pressure is more dangerous than higher; more so on highways to avoid tyre bursts due to heating !!
Rahul_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 09:55   #1101
BHPian

Well, I witnessed live, the niggle discussed earlier in the thread.

Today morning in bumber-to-bumper traffic the console lights went off and all meters were reset except the odometer. All needles went back to default position and did a full sweep. As if I had switched off and on the ignition quickly. There was no jerk or loss of power. I did not panic as i had already read the posts.

This happened first time in my 1.5 yrs of ownership.

Has anybody found any solution to this?
Old 7th December 2016, 10:11   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Assisted a friend yesterday to swap punctured tyre on Grand i10 with spare tyre and felt an issue with jack handle and wheel spanner.
Jack handle is short to my liking and as a result requires more effort to rotate jack. Secondly, hole in L-shaped wheel spanner is rectangular and placed off-center. Attaching spanner to jack handle means carefully matching rectangular slot, square slot is generally preferred. Off center placement of slot results in trouble to rotate jack handle, it doesn't mean continuous circular movement of hands.
Sharing couple of photos for better understanding.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-grandi10jack1.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-grandi10jack2.jpg
Old 7th December 2016, 10:30   #1103
BHPian

Has anyone tried changing headlight bulbs as a DIY or otherwise?

Is there a need to remove the full headlight assembly as there is very less operating space available?
Old 7th December 2016, 13:35   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a need to remove the full headlight assembly as there is very less operating space available?
Don't think so. Enough space on left side next to air intake; right side is little tight but still should be manageable. If I am not wrong, Hyundai i10 requires full headlamp to be removed to change a bulb.
Old 7th December 2016, 17:33   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Don't think so. Enough space on left side next to air intake; right side is little tight but still should be manageable. If I am not wrong, Hyundai i10 requires full headlamp to be removed to change a bulb.
Well, i tried...guess i have big hands!
Old 8th December 2016, 21:45   #1106
BHPian

Please brace yourself for a really lengthy post of problems.

PROBLEM 1:
--------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
I experienced a peculiar problem with my Grand i10 2-3 days ago.

I had started the car, but the car was not in motion.
It was standing with AC & engine on.
All the lights & alerts in Instrument Cluster had been displayed as is the case when the ignition is turned on.

Then suddenly after 20-30 seconds, all the lights & alerts in Instrument Cluster again got displayed even though the car/engine was already running, but not in motion.
All the meters like tripmeter, etc., but not ODO, got reset all by themselves.

Initially, I thought the battery connections might have shorted or might be loose.
But the ODO, clock, date and FM channels were untouched.

What could be the problem?
This kind of problem has happened to me first time.
Even my first car service is due in next 2-3 days.

Please help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Sir,
I had encountered a similar problem one month back in my Grand i10 Petrol (Magna Variant).
I had stopped at a toll plaza, and when the car came to a complete halt suddenly all the tell-tale lights in the instrument panel came up in-spite of the engine being on, and they went off in a second or two.
Both the trip meters, avg. speed meter, vehicle running time meter, FM channels were reset.

The same day i had retrofitted steering audio switches onto my existing steering, which involved the change in spiral cable(clock-assy) and adding new wiring for the switches(however the switches are not functioning as on date and i am trying to find out a solution for its functioning) .

I had thought the lights in the instrument console came up because of the retro-fitment , but since that day the problem has not cropped up again *touch wood* .

I tried to find any error code with the help of ELM 327, but nothing showed up.

Will definitely update if the problem reoccurs.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Quote:
Well, I witnessed live, the niggle discussed earlier in the thread.

Today morning in bumber-to-bumper traffic the console lights went off and all meters were reset except the odometer. All needles went back to default position and did a full sweep. As if I had switched off and on the ignition quickly. There was no jerk or loss of power. I did not panic as i had already read the posts.

This happened first time in my 1.5 yrs of ownership.

Has anybody found any solution to this?
During 1st service checkup in May 2016, mentioned this problem to the Hyundai SA who said later that they found no problem, but nevertheless, have reset the electric system (whatever that is) and I would not face this problem again.

I was starting to think this was a one-off incident.
But it was not.

I experienced it 1-2 times more later.
But I noticed one thing peculiar both times.
The rear power windows safety lock did not seem to work after occurrence of this issue.
Lock them and the rear power windows were still working.
So, I thought there must be some shorting of wires.
But this problem used to get resolved all by itself after some time (can't say how much time).

This problem hasn't occurred again since past few months.

PROBLEM 2:
-------------
However, now a new problem has cropped up.
A MORE DANGEROUS problem.

Many times, when I start driving after starting the car, the steering wheel has more of an inclination towards my right side than towards centre.
While driving, I have to make an effort to keep the steering in centre or in direction I'm driving.

If take my hands off the steering while driving, the steering wheel slowly start inclining towards right (did that for a short distance to check the issue on different & regular route roads).
But later on, the problem automatically goes away.

It seems this steering problem has taken the place of meter reset problem.

PROBLEM 3:
-------------
Since the 1st service of my car, the engine has started making noise.
Prior to 1st service, the engine never made any noise even when I was standing beside it.

Now, even when I'm sitting inside the car with all windows closed, I can still mildly hear the engine noise.

I tried my cousin's 1.5 yr old Grand i10 and it was as silent as if it was brand new.

And the clutch feels as if it has worn out.

Prior to 1st service, I could easily put my car in motion if I gradually eased off the clutch pedal in 1st gear.
Now after 1st service, when I try to do that, the engine just turns off (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.)

In bumper-to-bumper traffic, I have to make an effort to keep the car in motion & engine on.

PROBLEM 4:
-------------
The suspension has become a little hard after 1st visit to service centre.

Is it possible that service centre has indulged in malpractice and probably changed engine oil with low grade mineral oil and swapped brand new clutch plate, wire or entire assembly with worn out ones; and might have tinkered with the suspension?

PROBLEM 5:
-------------
Moreover, if I'm sitting in my car with engine on and windows down, there's weird humming/vibration which only goes away when I close all the windows.

Now, those area lot of problems.
I was better off with my 9 year old WagonR with which never had such problems even after servicing.

Please help guys.
Old 9th December 2016, 10:29   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Please help guys.
Well, well...i never faced the problem you mentioned above. I suggest you get it serviced at a reputed service center of your area. Members here can help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Finally got the center armrest fixed. Thanks for Flipkart sale procured a slim one for 1000 bucks and got them fixed yesterday. Though the gauge of the frame metal is pretty thin, its still fixed well so no movement or rattle. My biggest concern was the width of the armrest since Grand i10 center console tucks in snug between the seats. But thankfully the armrest is wide enough for free movement of the seats.

Need to adjust the height as it feels a tad higher than what I would have liked. Thats a DIY to be done soon.

Attachment 1567899
Could you please tell us the exact product which you bought from flipkart?

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Also, please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 11th December 2016 at 21:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 9th December 2016, 13:46   #1108
BHPian

Quote:

Now, those area lot of problems.
I was better off with my 9 year old WagonR with which never had such problems even after servicing.

Please help guys.
How old is your car, how many Km's has it run, is it still in warranty?
Old 9th December 2016, 21:56   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How old is your car, how many Km's has it run, is it still in warranty?
7 months old.
Approx. 6000 kms.
Still in warranty 2+3 yrs.
Old 9th December 2016, 23:13   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Assisted a friend yesterday to swap punctured tyre on Grand i10 with spare tyre and felt an issue with jack handle and wheel spanner.
This is now common across most of the cars. I had a tough time replacing a flat too, fortunately it happened at my workplace, so trouble was less as packing workers of my then employer assisted.

But this is just due to cost saving, nothing else. I remember our 1992 M800 had an insanely better toolkit, and the lever (is it called Tommy?) to rotate the hack spindle was quite long. That length helps as a constant circular motion could be had and also one need not be so near the ground.

What you have depicted in images means one has to be very near ground to have good grip to move jack. Its very inconvenient, but thats the way it is. Its similar in my Swift too. Sheer cost cutting.

Quote:

PROBLEM 1:
--------------
During....

I experienced it 1-2 times more later.
The rear power windows safety lock did not seem to work after occurrence of this issue.
Lock them and the rear power windows were still working.
.. time (can't say how much time).

PROBLEM 2:
-------------
However, now a new problem has cropped up.
A MORE DANGEROUS problem.

It seems this steering problem has taken the place of meter reset problem.

PROBLEM 3:
-------------
Since the 1st service of my car, the engine has started making noise.
Now after 1st service, when I try to do that, the engine just turns off (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.)

In bumper-to-bumper traffic, I have to make an effort to keep the car in motion & engine on.

PROBLEM 4:
-------------
The suspension has become a little hard after 1st visit to service centre.

Is it possible that service centre has indulged in malpractice and probably changed engine oil with low grade mineral oil and swapped brand new clutch plate, wire or entire assembly with worn out ones; and might have tinkered with the suspension?
Problem 1 : Its an issue many have faced. In my car, after trip meter reset which happened just as yours, the window lock never worked. It never did. In my case, I could not even lock front Window, so essentially, the window lock was not working at all.

Problem 2 : There is another thread here on TBHP here.
However, do get your wheel alignment and balancing done somewhere outside, not at dealer. This issue does not seem to be related to steering concern thread. IMO, this pulling towards right should be sorted out by alignment and balancing.

Problem 3: Get the engine oil changed in your presence and see the difference. Petrol or Diesel, Grand i10 is not an easy car to stall. Also, what you have mentioned here is a bit dangerous that you have to make an effort to keep car in motion and engine ON. This special effort takes a toll and you may end up rear ending the car ahead. Am aware that speeds would be damn dead slow, but still even a nudge is not something we want. I had this issue in Baleno (1.6 sedan) CNG.
Get your ECU reset and see if there is any change in this pattern.

Problem 4 : Tinkering with suspension is not something any service center will generally resort to IMO. But I am not sure of clutch. Get you car scanned by another authorized service center which might be a in better position to ascertain this. Have you checked tyre pressure ? The service centers are generally known to over-inflate a lot. Get wheel alignment and balancing done, and check with a tyre pressure 2 PSI lower than recommended. That should sort out the stiff ride quality concern along with steering pull on right.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th December 2016 at 23:17.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks