Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2016, 11:29   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
Please brace yourself for a really lengthy post of problems.
I can relate to your problems. Some of the problems simply cannot be repeated in front of the SA at the workshop. I noticed a couple of anomalies in the electricals of our 1.2 Grand i10 recently.

1. On pressing the Engine Start/Stop button to start the engine (after depressing the clutch fully), the car went into a continuous crank mode (with out the engine starting). Pressing the Engine Start /Stop button stopped the continuous crank. Next attempt, it started working fine. This has happened twice now.

2. Three days ago, the car was running normally in the 3rd gear. Suddenly I felt a jerk, as if the engine stalled. But the engine was running fine with the RPM hovering around 1200 and the car moving forward. In the speedometer, the yellow key warning light came on(as shown in the picture below) and the fuel tank level suddenly dropped to empty (from 1/4th tank full) and the yellow fuel low warning light came on. None of the other warning lights came on.
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161210_111422882.jpg

For a second or two, I couldn't make out what was happening. I pulled over to the roadside, switched off the engine and re-started. The yellow key light disappeared and Yellow Fuel low light also went out but the fuel tank reading was still showing tank to be empty. Wondering how could 1/4th tank worth of petrol suddenly go up in fumes, I thought of driving to the nearest fuel station to fill up petrol(which was around 15-20 kms away). As I was driving, I noticed the fuel needle slowly creeping back up. As I was nearing the fuel station, I noticed the fuel level was almost back to its original 1/4 the level (took nearly half an hour for it to climb up to 1/4th from Empty!!!).

3. EPS motor has malfunctioned. The steering wheel which makes a weird grinding noise when turning it at parking speeds. Will be replaced under warranty.
Old 12th December 2016, 00:27   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post

Could you please tell us the exact product which you bought from flipkart?
The name is Kingsway carmchbg0028 Car Armrest
Old 12th December 2016, 11:25   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
W

Could you please tell us the exact product which you bought from flipkart?
Or you could try and look in your local accessories shop for this type of arm rest. It doesn't need any drilling or screws to hold it in place. It sits tightly wedged in between the front seats. Bought one for our Figo as well. No complaints/ rattles/squeaks so far.

Old 12th December 2016, 14:32   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Or you could try and look in your local accessories shop for this type of arm rest. It doesn't need any drilling or screws to hold it in place. It sits tightly wedged in between the front seats. Bought one for our Figo as well. No complaints/ rattles/squeaks so far.

This is awesome!!

From where exactly did you get it?

I don't think its available in Bangalore.

I see you are located in Mangalore and I am travelling to Udupi soon, do you know any place from where I can buy it?
Old 12th December 2016, 20:03   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is awesome!!

From where exactly did you get it?

I don't think its available in Bangalore.

I see you are located in Mangalore and I am travelling to Udupi soon, do you know any place from where I can buy it?
I got it from Car Decor, Kadri, Mangalore and it costed Rs 1300. On your way to Udupi, you can drop in to the shop and speak to the owner, Mr Mukesh Hegde.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 09:14   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I got it from Car Decor, Kadri, Mangalore and it costed Rs 1300. On your way to Udupi, you can drop in to the shop and speak to the owner, Mr Mukesh Hegde.
If I may ask too much, can you please take out the armrest of the space between the seats and post few pictures here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:30   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians & Grand i10 Owners,

I have a few Questions regarding Grandi10

1. How is the low end torque, especially in City drives (1st & 2nd Gears)

2. What FE are you getting in purely City conditions (Tankful Method), say at speeds of 20-40 kmph ?

3. How is the Ride Quality at Speeds of above 60kmph. Does it have the bouncy feel like other Hyundai's ?

4. How is the Braking ? I am not confident about Brakes on Hyundai's. My brother's i20 Brakes are not at all confidence inspiring. They lack bite & the stopping distance is more.

5. Does it makes sense to go for an ABS version (Asta) if Brakes are indeed poor/average ?

Also, which Variant would be the best choice ?, considering this car would be used purely in city. Also do keep price in mind, this car isn't cheap.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 13th December 2016 at 09:32.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:45   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Thanks in Advance.
1. The low end torque is adequate for city drives with two or three on board. With 4 people and luggage and AC on, the car lags a little (very little). I am talking about the petrol engine.

2. I am getting 12 to 13kmpl, with AC on 100% of the time. I fill normal Shell petrol only. The moment i fill from other petrol bunks the FE drops by a Km or so.

3. The ride quality till 120kmph is very sturdy and confidence inspiring. I have driven continuously at 120kmph for long distances. Maintain 33PSI across all tires. I have driven continuous for 4 hours non-stop at speeds of 100+. The only problem I faced was the AC getting cut-off to deliver more power to the engine. But, this is the case with most of the cars.

4. I never felt the brakes are inadequate. They have the bite. You are correct about i20 brakes.

5. It always makes sense to have ABS and airbags in your car, be it city drives or the highway.

Apart, from the niggles reported by some members here, all other members have a fuss free ownership. Even I had few niggles. But, all were rectified by HASS free of cost.

This car is luxury on budget, talking about the features it offers. You get what you pay for.

It is definitely a city car and would never let you down on the highways as well.

I hope I have cleared the clouds.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2016 at 01:52. Reason: Please do not quote entire large posts when replying. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
sidzz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 09:48   #1119
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in Advance.
It is okay, quite decent infact.

2. What FE are you getting in purely City conditions (Tankful Method), say at speeds of 20-40 kmph ?
Around 11.5-12 kmpl with AC.

3. How is the Ride Quality at Speeds of above 60kmph. Does it have the bouncy feel like other Hyundai's ?
I think it is a little more sorted now compared to what they used to be. More than the bouncy feel it is the superlight steering which you will have to get used to at higher speeds

4. How is the Braking ? I am not confident about Brakes on Hyundai's. My brother's i20 Brakes are not at all confidence inspiring. They lack bite & the stopping distance is more.
Brakes are incredibly sharp and sensitive. Mine is a 2014 model.

5. Does it makes sense to go for an ABS version (Asta) if Brakes are indeed poor/average ?
I have not driven a non ABS version, but my vote would be for the ABS equipped model definitely.

Hope this helps. Let me know in case of any further queries.

Best,
Promit
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 10:12   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I may ask too much, can you please take out the armrest of the space between the seats and post few pictures here.

Thanks in advance.
Front View
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161213_100358828.jpg

Rear View
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161213_100405790.jpg

Side View
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161213_100411263.jpg

Storage open
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161213_100421126.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161209_165347305.jpg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 13th December 2016 at 10:25.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 12:11   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It always makes sense to have ABS and airbags in your car, be it city drives or the highway.

This car is luxury on budget, talking about the features it offers. You get what you pay for.

It is definitely a city car and would never let you down on the highways as well.

I hope I have cleared the clouds.
Thanks for the clarification. Safety features are required no doubt. But, I will have to skip ABS as it's only available in Asta Trim which is quite expensive compared to other variants.

This would be used only for city drives. BTW, it's one of the cars considered for my BIL, who has an Innova & Laura for Long Drives. Have posted the same query in 'What Car' Section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
4.Brakes are incredibly sharp and sensitive. Mine is a 2014 model.

5.I have not driven a non ABS version, but my vote would be for the ABS equipped model definitely.
Ah, that's confidence inspiring. I will be taking a thorough TD of Grand i10 this weekend. ABS is present only in Asta, And it's quite expensive here in Karnataka. (7.49 lakhs On Road), add 25k/41k more, one can get a Figo Trend Diesel/Titanium Diesel.

Also, more then the car, I would be looking at offers on this car that the dealer provides. Higher the better.
Old 15th December 2016, 15:50   #1122
BHPian

Has anyone fitted AC cabin filter in their Grand i10?
Old 24th December 2016, 00:15   #1123

Quote:

Thanks in Advance.
Just wanted to give a background of my car before I share my response. I bought my i10 Grand Petrol (Sportz version) in June of this year and have driven 6000 Kms so far.

- It is pretty much adequate, if it is not completely loaded (esp 5 people and luggage). I've not seen any issue.

- In purely city conditions, the average which I am getting is between 10-12 with AC turned on 100% of the time . On Highways, for longer distances, this goes up to 16.5/17.

- The ride quality is pretty good. I've made a few trips to Shirdi from Mumbai and to few other nearby locations. It feels very sturdy at 90-110 KMPH range. My friend who has a swift mentioned that i10's suspension is a bit hard compared to his but his' is a diesel engine. I might not be able to comment on the bouncy feel, as I don't feel that in both my cars - i10 Grand and Verna.

- Braking is definitely not a problem. If it is for City ride then I think i10 Grand's braking is good.

- I don't see any issue with the brakes in my car. Hence, I am not really sure if ABS is necessary. However, ABS is a good to have choice any day!

Also, which Variant would be the best choice ?, considering this car would be used purely in city. Also do keep price in mind, this car isn't cheap.

- When I was evaluating my purchase, I did check out the Asta version and finally settled for the Sportz version. It was more of a personal preference to drive a manual car and to use it more in the City and of course the cost angle comes into play. But it boils down to the final personal choice.

Let me know if this helps.

BR,
Vasant

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2016 at 01:53. Reason: Please do not quote entire large posts when replying. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
vasantmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 13:02   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone fitted AC cabin filter in their Grand i10?
Quoting my own post.

There is a cabin air filter present in Grand i10.

I opened the glove box and found it there at the expected location.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161227_194003.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161227_194056.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161227_193957.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20161227_193947.jpg

Last edited by sidzz : 28th December 2016 at 13:06.
sidzz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 13:46   #1125
BHPian

Gentlemen
Was the official review for Grand i10 automatic released?

I scrolled through all the pages in this forum but couldn't see it.
Also - search is only guiding me back to this forum.
Please help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks