Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2018, 22:31   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I'm looking to buy a second hand grand i10 automatic, seen a few and will be zeroing down on one in the next day or two. All are very low mileage cars, 6k km or less, 2 are from December 2016 (Asta, pre-facelift), one is from May 2016 (Sportz, 2017 facelift model). All are in mint condition.

Now is there anything particular I should be looking at (common failure points etc) for these? I'm swinging towards the 2017 facelift one as it has all the bells and whistles (DRLs, Android Auto etc), but its in a maroon colour which I'm not 100% about, while the other 2 pre-facelift ones are in grey.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Cheers!
Go for the 2017.
Ignore the colour, the resale price you will get when you sell it, will make you fall in love with the maroon colour.

P.S.
Just saw the ABS bit, may tilt the favour for you.
I would still go for the 2017

Last edited by neofromcapone : 12th May 2018 at 22:33.
Old 13th May 2018, 09:18   #1247
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Go for the 2017.
Ignore the colour, the resale price you will get when you sell it, will make you fall in love with the maroon colour.
Is maroon colour hot favourite ? I was of the opinion that White and Silver in any car can never go wrong. Moreover the issue with dark and bright colours is that they look awesome when new but in Indian climate and with ramu kaka's washing, they fade a lot and look quite dull - a small body work with fresh paint looks quite different from the other panel inspite of being the same colour
Old 15th May 2018, 08:15   #1248
BHPian

Every time I engage the clutch of my Grand i10 to shift and then release, there is this weird thud thud sound exactly at the biting point. I will be taking the car for the 20k servicing soon and will be showing this problem to HASS, with that being said, I want to clarify about the problem from other Gi10 users if anyone faced the same. What should I be more careful about so that I don't go for a toss?
Old 15th May 2018, 08:30   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Every time I engage the clutch of my Grand i10 to shift and then release, there is this weird thud thud sound exactly at the biting point. I will be taking the car for the 20k servicing soon and will be showing this problem to HASS, with that being said, I want to clarify about the problem from other Gi10 users if anyone faced the same. What should I be more careful about so that I don't go for a toss?
I had the same type of sound at the biting point while releasing the clutch in my WagonR. First, the mechanic tried to lube the clutch cable, which did helped but only marginally so I asked him to change the clutch cable itself. That solved it.
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:36   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
I had the same problem some while back. I got the clutch cable and the lever replaced under warranty. This solved the problem.
Old 22nd May 2018, 21:59   #1251
BHPian

Grand I 10 ASTA owners,

Can you confirm if this attached pic is ABS system.

Reason for asking: I have booked an automatic sports variant. It got an ABS update recently only ( in March). I took this pic while doing PDI. Just want to ensure that they are not fooling me with a pre ABS update car. I don't doubt them- just doing a double check.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20180522_102049.jpg  

Last edited by Lambydude : 22nd May 2018 at 22:11.
Old 22nd May 2018, 22:12   #1252
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Grand I 10 ASTA owners,

Can you confirm if this attached pic is ABS system.
Yes, this is ABS module and don't worry, you are not taken for a ride.

Last edited by bkc : 22nd May 2018 at 22:13. Reason: punctuation
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 21:22   #1253
BHPian

Did any one opt for foldable smart key for Grand i10 ? I understand its available in Asta trim but not in Sportz and below variants.
Also, any recommendation of central armrest ? Is it available as part of standard accessories ?
Old 14th June 2018, 21:30   #1254
BHPian

Hi, can anyone let me know what is the difference between 2016 Grand i10 Asta petrol vs Asta (optional) petrol? the pre-facelift model? Planning to take a second hand Grand i10 for city use.
Old 14th June 2018, 21:56   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnuvila View Post
Hi, can anyone let me know what is the difference between 2016 Grand i10 Asta petrol vs Asta (optional) petrol? the pre-facelift model? Planning to take a second hand Grand i10 for city use.
The Asta(O) has diamond finished alloy wheels, ABS & Dual airbags and came only with manual transmission. The Asta has clean silver alloy wheels and missed out on ABS and airbags and was available in the manual as well as the petrol automatic trim. The ex showroom price difference between the Asta & Asta(O) when I bought in 2014 was a mere 30k. Definitely look for an Asta (O), there ought to be more of them out there. Externally the only visual differentiator is by the finish of the alloy wheels. Hope this helps.

Edit: Seems like Asta(O) was also offered on the AT from 2016 till the facelift came out.

Last edited by promit : 14th June 2018 at 22:10.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 22:10   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
The Asta(O) has diamond finished alloy wheels, ABS & Dual airbags and came only with manual transmission. The Asta has clean silver alloy wheels and missed out on ABS and airbags and was available in the manual as well as the petrol automatic trim. The ex showroom price difference between the Asta & Asta(O) when I bought in 2014 was a mere 30k. Definitely look for an Asta (O), there ought to be more of them out there. Externally the only visual differentiator is by the finish of the alloy wheels. Hope this helps.
Only the Asta optional had airbags and ABS? even in 2016 models? That is an eye opener! Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.
cunnuvila is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 20:53   #1257
BHPian

Dear fellow members

Our Grand i10 is acting weird. Again. My son was driving the car and heard a loud bursting noise from the car. He immediately got off and checked for potential damages, mainly a tyre burst which wasn't the case. He continued driving and after some time, the cooling started getting less effective (close to zero). He later found out water leaking from under the car. Another point to note is the ac feels okay while the car is not in motion (not 100% but better than being in motion). He's taking it to HASS tomorrow morning. Any pointers/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 20th June 2018 at 20:56.
Old 24th June 2018, 07:12   #1258
BHPian

Another post, another peculiar issue.

My i10 went to our trusted FNG shop, for it's 4th year service. I had asked them to check the clutch cable and change the spark plugs (if needed) apart from the usual drill.

However, after coming back from service, the car is sounding more grunty, and fuel consumption has definitely gone up from previous avg. The sparkplugs were deemed okay, and they just cleaned the clutch cable

Is there anything specific I need to ask the garage people to do, whilst sending it back for repairs?

Last edited by sharktale : 24th June 2018 at 07:14.
Old 24th June 2018, 12:13   #1259
BHPian

Going to have the 4th year (30k kms) service done for my Grand i10 next week. Is there any specific that needs to be taken care of apart from routine oil, filters at 30k kms? My car is also still on it's original battery.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th June 2018, 14:57   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Dear fellow members

Our Grand i10 is acting weird. Again. My son was driving the car and heard a loud bursting noise from the car. He immediately got off and checked for potential damages, mainly a tyre burst which wasn't the case. He continued driving and after some time, the cooling started getting less effective (close to zero). He later found out water leaking from under the car. Another point to note is the ac feels okay while the car is not in motion (not 100% but better than being in motion). He's taking it to HASS tomorrow morning. Any pointers/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!
Quick update - Car's thermostat was the culprit. Got it changed under warranty (thank god for the extended warranty). Just not happy with the quality of the car. So many issues within three years of ownership. So many parts have been replaced till now. One of the technicians at HASS confirmed that a lot of Grand i10s and Xcents suffer from inferior part quality and they receive lots of complaints because of it. Anyone who plans to buy either of these two - Get extended warranty for the maximum period (2+3 years). Absolute must.

Edit - The loud noise remains a mystery. No underbody or any other damage found. HASS, as usual, couldn't really relate it to anything. May be one of the hidden features of Hyundais to alert drivers before their ac goes kaput..

Last edited by Col Mehta : 28th June 2018 at 15:09.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks