Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2018, 07:10   #1276
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

In the market wanting to buy aftermarket wiper blades for my 2014 Grand i10.

Could anyone share the recommended size for the wiper blades? I am unable to get concrete evidence on the internet about the sizes.
Any further online buying links shall be highly appreciated.
Old 28th July 2018, 19:17   #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I am almost finalizing on i10 Grand Sportz 2018 due to following reasons:
Hi, I am also finalizing to i10 Grand Sportz AT. Which dealer you went to? How long is the waiting period?

Mod note: punctuation added.
Old 28th July 2018, 20:24   #1278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post

2. It is for my wife with 5'4" height. Sportz model does not have driver seat adjustment. Is it OK for that heighted person? Of course will confirm with TD.

Any inputs are appreciated,

Personally, choosing height adjust is more about finding the optimum setting - it is not only for short people in my opinion although someone very short may have to have it. My mum is only 5 feet though and she necessarily required the height adjust feature to have the best seating ergonomics.

So when we bought our automatic grand i10 recently (about 4 weeks ago), we actually got them to order a factory seat from the Asta with height adjust and replace the stock seat. Just to let you know that if it is important enough for you it can be done. We paid about 20k for this change but it was otherwise a dealbreaker for my mum to not have this feature.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 10:31   #1279
BHPian

We just ordered a White colored Grand i10 Asta MT.
Old 16th August 2018, 18:36   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydevil View Post
Hi, I am also finalizing to i10 Grand Sportz AT. Which dealer you went to? How long is the waiting period?

Hi, even I am planning to take the Grand i10 Sportz AT . My OTR is coming upto 7.5 lakhs. What about yours ?
Old 16th August 2018, 23:43   #1281
BANNED

I am looking for a second hand i10 grand to be used as a city car. Will get a sequential kit installed in it. Any inputs on my decision? It will be used extensively and will atleast stay with us for next 6-7 years. I am looking for a maximum 3 year old car. Is anyone using it in CNG? Any problems? Do suggest me another car if you think I am making a wrong choice.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:07   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
I am looking for a second hand i10 grand to be used as a city car. Will get a sequential kit installed in it. Any inputs on my decision? It will be used extensively and will atleast stay with us for next 6-7 years. I am looking for a maximum 3 year old car. Is anyone using it in CNG? Any problems? Do suggest me another car if you think I am making a wrong choice.
Hyundai offers the 1.2 with dealer fit CNG (company approved with manufacturer warranty in select variants). If running costs do matter, you are better off with the 1.1 diesel also. Has superb in city driveability and returns FE in the high 20s in decent driving.
Search through OLX, plenty of good examples can be had. Do consider asta O with ABS+airbags from safety point of view.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 10:57   #1283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hyundai offers the 1.2 with dealer fit CNG (company approved with manufacturer warranty in select variants). If running costs do matter, you are better off with the 1.1 diesel also. Has superb in city driveability and returns FE in the high 20s in decent driving.
Search through OLX, plenty of good examples can be had. Do consider asta O with ABS+airbags from safety point of view.
We have a diesel car with as already which delivers around 20-21kmpl in Delhi. But my dad wants a CNG car because CNG is cheaper. We get a difference of ₹1-1.5 per KM. since the running is high, he does not want to go for a diesel.
Thanks for the advice, I will surely search for a good condition car.
Old 26th August 2018, 20:10   #1284
BHPian

Hi, Hope you might have finalized the deal by now. Appreciate if you can provide the details of the deal and the dealer.
I am also in a process of changing my nearly 11years old i10 with Grand i10 SPORTZ AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydevil View Post

Old 18th September 2018, 12:13   #1285
BHPian

Hi. My wife's 2014 Grand i10 recently threw ABS and Steering related warning on the instrument cluster, and it is currently at a Hyundai authorized workshop. The SA shared the estimate (attached) with us last evening, and it is almost INR 50,000!

There is the usual "padding", and I have already asked for item numbers 1-4 (the car was recently serviced at an FNG), 5 (frayed according to SA, will check visually before giving go-ahead), 6 (tail-lamp was broken more than 2 years ago), 7, 8, 12 (really?), and 13 to be removed. The estimate is now down to INR 34,350.

Regarding item no. 14, the SA says that rats have chewed the wiring between the steering mechanism and the ECU, and the resultant short circuit has blown the ECU. I smell a rat (pun intended). Has anyone faced a similar problem? The SA told me that there have been similar cases in the past.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img20180918wa0005.jpg  

TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 14:17   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
In the market wanting to buy aftermarket wiper blades for my 2014 Grand i10.

Could anyone share the recommended size for the wiper blades? I am unable to get concrete evidence on the internet about the sizes.
Any further online buying links shall be highly appreciated.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am using the above product. Performance is adequate.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 18:17   #1287
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post

Regarding item no. 14, the SA says that rats have chewed the wiring between the steering mechanism and the ECU, and the resultant short circuit has blown the ECU. I smell a rat (pun intended). Has anyone faced a similar problem? The SA told me that there have been similar cases in the past.

Thanks in advance.
I dont own a hyundai, but as a layman, how was the vehicle driven to the service centre if the "ECU is blown" ? somebody must inform these SAs that all of us eat the same food, drink the same water and go to toilet the same way - do they think customers are 10 year old children ?
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 10:01   #1288
MSC
BHPian

I am on the verge of booking Asta(O) diesel version. Is the rear AC unit in I10 grand, just a blower unit or is independent of the front and main AC unit?
Old 21st September 2018, 11:42   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
I am on the verge of booking Asta(O) diesel version. Is the rear AC unit in I10 grand, just a blower unit or is independent of the front and main AC unit?
It's just a blower unit. You can feel the front blowers drop the intensity when the rear vents are in operation.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 19:17   #1290
BHPian

I am in the market for a hatchback and Grand I10 is on the shortlist. Today a chennai based dealer told me that starting Sep 2018, Hyundai has made ABS + Dual airbags as standard across the Grand I10 range along with few more additions. This was a great good news to me but I am not sure if this is an old news for this forum. Thought of sharing it anyways.
ramji_or is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks