Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 16:58   #1291
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Facing a peculiar issue.

My FNG garage guy has said that the underbody is showing real bad signs of rusting. The car is just 4 and a half years old. Even I checked it out and the rust-damage was visible.

I am perplexed of the reason. Is it because of wrong washing schedule or simply because the Hyundai couldn't stand the humid environment of Kolkata? Moreover the brakepads have been worn out too with actual usage being only 22K during the years.

My washing schedule :
1. Wash 2-3 times a week, depending upon the usage.
2. Using 3M shampoo once a month.
3. Only using microfiber cloth for both dry and wet operations.

The same policy is adopted for our newer Octavia. Please advise me any changes as treatment for the Octavia could be a very expensive affair.

Sidenote :
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post

I am using the above product. Performance is adequate.
Thank you for the response. I was in need of urgent replacement, so had to get whatever the FNG gave me. Let's see how long they last.
These Bosch ones are definitely going to be my next blade buy.

Last edited by sharktale : 25th September 2018 at 17:00.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:44   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Facing a peculiar issue.
My FNG garage guy has said that the underbody is showing real bad signs of rusting. The car is just 4 and a half years old. Even I checked it out and the rust-damage was visible.
Didn't you go for underbody coating when you bought your i10? In cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai I think it is a must.
Old 25th September 2018, 18:08   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Didn't you go for underbody coating when you bought your i10? In cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai I think it is a must.

No. I was an 18 year old dunce when we bought the car to recommend this to my dad. At the time of purchase, we had a 5 year old Corolla Altis, which didn't require any protection as such.

Maybe, my father ignored it thinking it was just a way to fleece the customer by the company.
Old 26th September 2018, 10:15   #1294
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Moreover the brakepads have been worn out too with actual usage being only 22K during the years.
They have not actually worn out, but hardened over time, making them ineffective. Me too faced similar issue, 4.5 years old Gi10, run 40K km's, pads having more than 5-10 mm of thickness left, but they started scratching the discs and started making a noise. So, i replaced them and everything turned back to normal. In a nutshell the pads needs replacement at 4 year mark regardless of distance traveled.
Old 1st October 2018, 23:06   #1295
BHPian

Finally got an armrest for my car. It is black, has felt lining storage, has cutout for handbrake and rear ac vent.
Most importantly it is a slip on accessory. No drilling.

Sourced by a friend from a shop near Indirapuram.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181001-09.22.431.jpeg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181001-09.22.43.jpeg  

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 1st October 2018 at 23:09.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 19:27   #1296
BHPian

My 3 year old Grand i10 has always suffered from the reverse gear not engaging problem. I do fully press the clutch always and the clutch setting is also alright. However every now and then the gear level refuses to slot in reverse and i have to usually slot in 1st and move a bit and then try reverse again for it to engage. Is there any permanent solution to it or is it a design flaw ? The service centre adjusts the clutch play during services however it does not help it and since the problem happens sometimes, i am not able to replicate it in their presence.
Old 21st October 2018, 19:32   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
My 3 year old Grand i10 has always suffered from the reverse gear not engaging problem. I do fully press the clutch always and the clutch setting is also alright. However every now and then the gear level refuses to slot in reverse and i have to usually slot in 1st and move a bit and then try reverse again for it to engage. Is there any permanent solution to it or is it a design flaw ? The service centre adjusts the clutch play during services however it does not help it and since the problem happens sometimes, i am not able to replicate it in their presence.
I can't find the source but IIRC, Ford Ikon's manual stated that clutch needs to be pressed for 3 seconds before engaging reverse gear. Try and see if it works!
Old 21st October 2018, 21:30   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 3 year old Grand i10 has always suffered from the reverse gear not engaging problem.
The reverse gear is almost always a non synchromesh one. Try clutching in and moving the stick from any forward gear to neutral, lift the clutch, and then clutch again and move to reverse.
Old 21st October 2018, 23:00   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The reverse gear is almost always a non synchromesh one. Try clutching in and moving the stick from any forward gear to neutral, lift the clutch, and then clutch again and move to reverse.
Yes that usually works but not always. Else i move the car forward a bit and then slot in reverse or just turn off the engine and turn it on again which always helps. What is a non synchromesh gear? I never had this problem in my esteem nor do i face it in my Creta.
Old 22nd October 2018, 00:59   #1300
BANNED

Quote:
Yes that usually works but not always. Else i move the car forward a bit and then slot in reverse or just turn off the engine and turn it on again which always helps. What is a non synchromesh gear? I never had this problem in my esteem nor do i face it in my Creta.
Non syncromesh gear means it there is no synchro to match the speeds of the rotation of the gear, the clutch and basically the engine. By the way I have also faced the same issue in a friend's 3 year old Grand i10. So could be a known issue
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:44   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any permanent solution to it or is it a design flaw ?
I have the same issue and they haven't been able to solve it. In fact, they just keep saying they couldn't find anything wrong.

Anyways, am trying a new service center next time. Let me see what they will have to say on this.
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:35   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai has acknowledged this in a leaflet (point no. 5), which was provided in my 2017 April Grand i10. Going by this leaflet, to engage reverse one should shift to neutral, release the clutch fully and then press it again and then shift to reverse in case reverse gets stuck.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-screenshot_20181022212313955_com.alensw.picfolder.png  

Old 22nd October 2018, 21:58   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Hyundai has acknowledged this in a leaflet (point no. 5), which was provided in my 2017 April Grand i10. Going by this leaflet, to engage reverse one should shift to neutral, release the clutch fully and then press it again and then shift to reverse in case reverse gets stuck.
Thanks but this does not always work actually in my experience. The only thing that always works is turning off engine and turning it on or moving the car a bit in 1st gear and then again trying reverse. I even have a video of the same which can be accessed at the link:

Old 26th October 2018, 19:47   #1304
BHPian

Fellow members, requesting help from those who have upgraded their horns.

The OEM horn is a single one. In my car, the single wire was split into two and an aftermarket horn was installed. This horn lasted for 2 years before getting spoilt.

After this, I've changed my horn twice, each barely lasting six months. I think it has something to do with the wiring?
I'm pretty sure there is no relay installed.

Also the horns which have got spoilt aren't high voltage or loud at all. They are hella blue sapphires.

Should a relay be installed or the wiring be changed?
Old 27th October 2018, 23:22   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramji_or View Post
I am in the market for a hatchback and Grand I10 is on the shortlist. Today a chennai based dealer told me that starting Sep 2018, Hyundai has made ABS + Dual airbags as standard across the Grand I10 range along with few more additions. This was a great good news to me but I am not sure if this is an old news for this forum. Thought of sharing it anyways.
That's correct. The latest website data shows the same. ABS+EBD+2Airbags standard across range

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks