Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:28   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Got it checked at Hyundai. While they accepted the noise isn't normal, they had little idea what it could be. This is after they thought greasing the suspension/ chassis bits would work.
They're really incompetent at diagnosing anything slightly out of normal. The clock spring was taken out and cleaned of "dust" and put back. The sound was little less than before, but still there. I was told it "could be" the clock spring, but I declined having it replaced.
This is a real concern I have with any service center either of Hyundai/Maruti. Anything that is a little off the usual fault, they keep guessing and that ends there. You need to visit multiple times. Facing an issue with my 6 years old Santro. Any noise that comes from Bonnet appears to be of the belt for them for which they just tightened the belt. I still suspect that to be due to IAC valve. But one problem is that all these noises are not easily heard in the service center due to noisy environment. They are very evident in our parking and when we do a cold start
rajivtelang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:37   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Test drove the grand i10 AT today. The TC box felt way smoother than the AMT on NEXON that I test drove yesterday. The SA informed about discount in range of 1L bringing the OTR to 7.8L (Bangalore). I know a facelift is on its way later this year but mostly the TC box won't be present anymore. I have been checking cars from 8-12L since last month and this looks tempting.

A couple of things which I didn't like or am apprehensive about:

1. Missing adjustable headrests both at front and rear.
2. No ACC, although I am happy to see the rear AC vent present.
3. No rear wash-wiper.
4. The AT mileage seems to be in range of 8-9kmpl

Can some Bangalore owners throw some light on these aspects? I would be using this for Outer ring road commute. Is it a good buy at this price point?

Thanks in advance
I drive a Grand i10 AT on outer ring road. Bought it last year after checking out all competitors. Main differentiator was the TC box compared to all other AMTs.

Driving in the city is a delightful experience. Will get approx 8 kmpl in peak ORR b2b traffic which I think is reasonable. I commute from Bannerghatta road till kadubisanahalli. So you can imagine the traffic I face at peak hours. During weekend drives within Bangalore city I get 10-11 kmpl

I haven't faced any issue with rear washer wiper not being there or absence of climate control. Android auto and touch screen is what I love.

It is one of the best city cars. Cannot say the same for highways.

Last edited by Lambydude : 2nd April 2019 at 13:41.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:49   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Driving in the city is a delightful experience. Will get approx 8 kmpl in peak ORR b2b traffic which I think is reasonable. I commute from Bannerghatta road till kadubisanahalli. So you can imagine the traffic I face at peak hours. During weekend drives within Bangalore city I get 10-11 kmpl
Coincidentally my route is similar, infact longer. Begur road to Mahadevpura(via kudlu gate). Currently my Estilo is returning 12.5-13.5 kpl max which used to be 16+ when my office was in Electronic city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I haven't faced any issue with rear washer wiper not being there or absence of climate control. Android auto and touch screen is what I love.

It is one of the best city cars. Cannot say the same for highways.
Yes, I fully agree its a wonderful city-only car. But we do venture out on highways occasionally and have faced issues during monsoons due to the lack of rear wash-wiper. Moreover the 4-speed TC box won't suffice as it begs for another gear on highway speeds. Unfortunately I have only 1 parking spot and hence need one jack-of-all-trades car. So had to drop this inspite of the juicy offer(1L discount), mostly will pick up the Jazz CVT.

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd April 2019 at 13:53.
Old 10th April 2019, 08:40   #1354
BHPian

Does anyone have any information regarding the Mounting Depth for the door Speakers? I'm trying to contemplate between 2 Pioneers co-axials for the front door :

Pioneer TS-1601IN - 53mm
Pioneer TS-A636 - 44mm
Old 16th April 2019, 11:18   #1355
BHPian

Driving on highways, long drives when I drive for more than 2 hours continuously and not maintaining a constant throttle input (read: constantly pressing and releasing the accelerator while on ghats or overtaking) I have experienced that the AC reduces cooling and the blowers throw less air. It becomes claustrophobic inside the cabin and I am forced to open the windows.

Has someone faced similar situations?

I understand that the ECU transfers all power to the engine in such situations and cuts off AC power.

It becomes better if I take a 15-20 mins stop every 1 - 1.5 hrs drive.

It is recommended to take breaks, but sometimes when I am not tired, I feel like keep going.

Car in question is 2015 grand i10 sportz, petrol. Regularly serviced and driven with care.

Last edited by sidzz : 16th April 2019 at 11:20.
Old 7th May 2019, 13:36   #1356
BHPian

Planning to buy i 10 as second car. Heard a new model is coming soon. Should I wait or go with the existing one. I am not in a hurry though. Any suggestions?
Old 7th May 2019, 16:43   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Aviator View Post
Planning to buy i 10 as second car. Heard a new model is coming soon. Should I wait or go with the existing one. I am not in a hurry though. Any suggestions?
New model is definitely coming by the end of this year or early 2020. But if you are planning for an automatic, there is a high likelihood that they might drop the current torque converter gear box and move to AMT. If you can't live with AMT, then now is the time to buy so that you can get some discounts.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 20:31   #1358
BHPian

This Friday we bid goodbye to our 8 years old Ford Figo petrol zxi and moved to Grand i10 Sportz. Grand i10’s engine feels peppier than the Figo.

Fit and finish of the interiors and brakes are in a different league altogether. Rear air conditioning is a boon in hot summers of Delhi.

Overall, i10 Sportz looks like a great package, more details later on.
ks1418 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 04:22   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Driving on highways, long drives when I drive for more than 2 hours continuously and not maintaining a constant throttle input (read: constantly pressing and releasing the accelerator while on ghats or overtaking) I have experienced that the AC reduces cooling and the blowers throw less air. It becomes claustrophobic inside the cabin and I am forced to open the windows.

I understand that the ECU transfers all power to the engine in such situations and cuts off AC power.

It becomes better if I take a 15-20 mins stop every 1 - 1.5 hrs drive.

It is recommended to take breaks, but sometimes when I am not tired, I feel like keep going.

Car in question is 2015 grand i10 sportz, petrol. Regularly serviced and driven with care.
Is there a hissing noise when that happens ? Does the cooling effectiveness come back after sometime like after switching it off for a while and switching it back on.
Old 14th May 2019, 08:16   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have experienced that the AC reduces cooling and the blowers throw less air. It becomes claustrophobic inside the cabin and I am forced to open the windows.

This problem has nothing to do with ecu.
Driving continuously, your AC condenser is getting iced. Most probably because it is dirty. Once ice starts forming, the ac performance reduces. Once you stop for 15-20 mins, the ice melts, and you get again start getting better cooling.
Please get your condenser and ducts cleaned, you should be good. Please understand that AC condenser and duct cleaning in i10 (it was like that in my old i10) requires the dashboard to be taken out, so it is minimum a 1-2 day job.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 16:04   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
This problem has nothing to do with ecu.
Driving continuously, your AC condenser is getting iced. Most probably because it is dirty. Once ice starts forming, the ac performance reduces. Once you stop for 15-20 mins, the ice melts, and you get again start getting better cooling.
Please get your condenser and ducts cleaned, you should be good. Please understand that AC condenser and duct cleaning in i10 (it was like that in my old i10) requires the dashboard to be taken out, so it is minimum a 1-2 day job.
AC condenser is located in front of the radiator. Its the evaporator or cooling coil which is located beneath the dashboard.

Generally, the condenser can be cleaned at home using a garden hose pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img1.jpg  

Old 14th May 2019, 16:07   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
AC condenser is located in front of the radiator. Its the evaporator or cooling coil which is located beneath the dashboard.

Generally, the condenser can be cleaned at home using a garden hose pipe.
Yes I meant the cooling coil/evaporator under the dashboard and typed condenser - thanks for the correction.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 20:33   #1363
BANNED

2020 Hyundai Grand i10 will be launched around this year’s festive season and will become a direct rival of the Maruti Swift.

Quote:
The 2020 Hyundai Grand i10 is slated to launch around this year’s festive season. The third iteration of the company’s global small car will be a more modern looking and a better-equipped vehicle than the current version. The next-gen i10 was recently caught up close on video, which gives us a good look at the exterior and a part of the interior.

The 2020 Hyundai Grand i10 will feature an evolved design, which means it would have a similar silhouette and a similar tallboy architecture. However, there will be many modern styling elements to help the car look more sophisticated and modern than the current version.
Source
Old 25th May 2019, 11:24   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The problem I've always had is that the steering "falls to one side" at low speeds once in a while.

Though this occurs only once every few weeks, it is very unnerving. There is absolutely no feedback in the steering even upto 30 degrees for some distance. Makes you not want to drive this car at all. Lots of members have reported this.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...mes-loose.html (Hyundai Xcent / Grand i10 EPS issue: Steering suddenly becomes 'loose')

I believe stopping and restarting fixes it but there many cases (late night driving) where you can't stop and unfortunately have to carry on.

Please be cautious before handing the car over to an enthusiastic driver as this can result in an accident for someone who is not used to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
+1 to your problem too.

Yes. If I'm reaching 60+ in 2nd, with revs over 3K, the steering suddenly turns light and fluidic, as it should be in lower speeds.
Come to think of it, I think this has always slightly been the case in my car too. It's the reason why I rarely go above 3k rpm.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 25th May 2019 at 11:27.
Old 27th May 2019, 14:18   #1365
BHPian

Quote:

Quoting my own thread here.

Got my car serviced at Advaith Hyundai service center in Avalahalli. It is newly opened. First of all, I should praise the kind of service they did on the car. It drives like new (even better).

Also, got the AC issue resolved. It was the faulty thermister.

Enjoying the drive!

Last edited by sidzz : 27th May 2019 at 14:20.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed