Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 20:02   #526
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 LPG variant launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
I saw this on Hyundai's website:

Is Hyundai planning to launch a Magna variant with the 3-cylinder 1.0L Kappa engine?
Well spotted! The Grand i10 LPG variant has been launched, according to IAB:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/07/h...aunched-136356

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I believe there is a problem with proof reaing before authorising the same to put on company website by the Marketing Team. It should be the LPG varaint in 1.2L displacement & not 1L.
I too wish it were the 4-cyl. Kappa 1.2 lit. engine. Sadly, it is not the case. It's the 3-cyl. Kappa 1.0 lit. engine that was recently launched in the Eon 1.0 lit.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-image.jpg

It has been launched only in the Magna variant. Which means no airbags or ABS.

What is most baffling is the price. In Chennai, there is a difference of ₹ 41k between the petrol Magna variant and the LPG/petrol dual fuel variant. It must be a sequential kit (because of the plastic intake manifold of the Kappa engine), unlike the closed loop kits on LPG variants of the Eon, Santro and i10.

Even taking the sequential kit into account, the price difference is on the higher side. But shockingly, one pays 41k extra and gets a smaller 3-cyl. engine with the LPG kit. What was Hyundai thinking?

Despite the smaller engine, I would have accepted the price differential for the LPG variant if they had provided 2 airbags, which they haven't!

Edit: It is indeed a sequential kit - an LPG kit with "advanced 3rd generation Port Injection technology", according to Hyundai. Here is the brochure:

http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...4191029359.pdf

Last edited by RSR : 7th July 2014 at 20:28.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 10:29   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Is there any news of a diesel AT variant coming up? At the time of launch there were some talks about one being launched. Need a diesel AT car at home and Verna is really unexciting and the Cruze too costly for the budget.
Old 12th July 2014, 20:22   #528
BHPian

What would be a good tyre upgrade for the top end variant that is shod with 165/65 R14 tyres?

I'm looking for good comfort and overall good grip. I wouldn't want to change my alloys, what would be a good fit 175 or 185?
Old 14th July 2014, 17:06   #529
Senior - BHPian

Does the automatic Grand i10 have ABS and airbag, at least as an option?
Old 14th July 2014, 19:35   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Does the automatic Grand i10 have ABS and airbag, at least as an option?
Last checked, there is no ABS/Airbags in AT Option of Grand i10. I too am very dejected by this.
Automatics anyways get step motherly treatment by manufacturers in India, especially with hatchbacks.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 13:48   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the AT transmission box on the grand i10 same as the one on the i10 currently? I recently drove a friend's i10 AT and the AT box felt really sluggish and lazy and not at all fun to drive. There was a huge lag.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:01   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is the AT transmission box on the grand i10 same as the one on the i10 currently? I recently drove a friend's i10 AT and the AT box felt really sluggish and lazy and not at all fun to drive. There was a huge lag.
Yes its the same & it IS sluggish. Better auto-transmission hatches to drive around town are Brio, Celerio & Nissan CVT.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 21:27   #533
BHPian

I am experiencing a particular problem with my 4 months old diesel grand i10. When I have to park on steep slopes and after applying the hand brake the car rolls down. But when I apply it the second or third time it doesnt roll down. Is there something seriously wrong with the hand brake or is it that the way I apply the handbrake is not right(like not pulling it enough).
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:26   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
after applying the hand brake the car rolls down. But when I apply it the second or third time it doesnt roll down.
How steep is the slope? Some amount of roll (inch or 2) is acceptable when parking in steep areas, still I follow the good old rule of engaging the opposite gear to direction where the car may potentially move in a slope, eg gear 1/2 when on up slope and R when on down slope. This adds another line of safety apart from the handbrake. You needn't exert more force than usual to the lever as there is no point. Using the gear to assist the h.b should solve the problem, but if you feel the vehicle is rolling more than it needs to on h.b alone, then a simple 15 min service at Hyundai should solve it. They will do it free of cost.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:38   #535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
I am experiencing a particular problem with my 4 months old diesel grand i10. When I have to park on steep slopes and after applying the hand brake the car rolls down. But when I apply it the second or third time it doesnt roll down. Is there something seriously wrong with the hand brake or is it that the way I apply the handbrake is not right(like not pulling it enough).
You can try bleeding the system at Hyundai. There maybe an air lock in teh brake line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
You needn't exert more force than usual to the lever as there is no point. Using the gear to assist the h.b should solve the problem, but if you feel the vehicle is rolling more than it needs to on h.b alone, then a simple 15 min service at Hyundai should solve it. They will do it free of cost.
Not sure which sequence you are following but when parking on a slope first pull the hand brake then slot into the gear. If you slot in gear and then pull the hand brake, the transmission is holding the car and not the hand brake. I tend to avoid this out of habit as I have seen in automatic cars it results in a loud kat and jerk when coming out of P. Because of this I avoid it in manual transmission cars also.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:43   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure which sequence you are following but when parking on a slope first pull the hand brake then slot into the gear.
That's exactly what I do, that's why I'd mentioned I used the gear to assist the h.b, so its h.b first then use the gears as a second line of protection. Thanks for elaborating it further though as the sequence is indeed important.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:50   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can try bleeding the system at Hyundai. There maybe an air lock in teh brake line.

Not sure which sequence you are following but when parking on a slope first pull the hand brake then slot into the gear. If you slot in gear and then pull the hand brake, the transmission is holding the car and not the hand brake. I tend to avoid this out of habit as I have seen in automatic cars it results in a loud kat and jerk when coming out of P. Because of this I avoid it in manual transmission cars also.
I usually dont slot the car into gear in normal parking spots i.e without any slopes. Otherwise I slot it in first gear and then apply handbrake. Well from now on I will try doing the technique that you mentioned because it makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
How steep is the slope? Some amount of roll (inch or 2) is acceptable when parking in steep areas, still I follow the good old rule of engaging the opposite gear to direction where the car may potentially move in a slope, eg gear 1/2 when on up slope and R when on down slope. This adds another line of safety apart from the handbrake. You needn't exert more force than usual to the lever as there is no point. Using the gear to assist the h.b should solve the problem, but if you feel the vehicle is rolling more than it needs to on h.b alone, then a simple 15 min service at Hyundai should solve it. They will do it free of cost.
The last time I encountered the problem was on a slope of about 40-45 degrees. The rolling back was much more than it needs to be. It felt like the hand brake was not holding the car only.Anyways I will get the problem rectified during my next service at 10K kms.
Old 27th July 2014, 21:01   #538
BHPian

Guys - I've been noticing water droplets in my left headlight. The car's just run 2000 odd kms and headlights etc are untouched till date. The pics will explain everything - curiously its only the left headlight which is showing this.

Is there any scope of warranty replacement? If so, how do I go about it quickly - If I go through the dealer they'll take their own sweet time! Any specific email ID of customer relationship manager or any other way? Will be glad to receive any pointers. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20140727_104738.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20140727_104749.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20140727_104806.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20140727_192854.jpg  

Old 27th July 2014, 21:10   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Is there any scope of warranty replacement? If so, how do I go about it quickly - If I go through the dealer they'll take their own sweet time! Any specific email ID of customer relationship manager or any other way? Will be glad to receive any pointers. Thanks.
This is clearly a manufacturing defect, unless the headlamp has taken a hit somewhere and cracked. Go through the dealer by taking a service appointment. They need to address this by replacing the headlamp under warranty. Escalate if the SA is not willing to take up the warranty route.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 21:14   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
This is clearly a manufacturing defect, unless the headlamp has taken a hit somewhere and cracked. Go through the dealer by taking a service appointment. They need to address this by replacing the headlamp under warranty. Escalate if the SA is not willing to take up the warranty route.
No hits or anything at all. I did ask the SA - he said he'll have to find out what to do - also broached the warranty topic but he was totally clueless

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks