Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 21:03   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjain View Post
Sorry - forgot to specify - this is a 1.8TSI - no trouble with ignition. This message comes only when car is in motion - and it appears randomly and also disappears on its own.

This problem was present in older VW group cars. Seems to be a problem with your keyless entry system (KESSY). Assuming you have the latest gen Style Plus variant.
Old 13th May 2016, 00:36   #2177

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
This problem was present in older VW group cars. Seems to be a problem with your keyless entry system (KESSY). Assuming you have the latest gen Style Plus variant.
My car is the Elegance - not the Style Plus variant - so no KESSY
Old 13th May 2016, 14:05   #2178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is the Elegance - not the Style Plus variant - so no KESSY
Need to check the Gear Lever connection, the selector switch on the gear lever, and mechatronic overall check. Can your dealer do this? If they are helpless, pls PM me, I have spoken to my Ahmedabad dealer and he knows a decent person to check this at Autobahn Mumbai.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:16   #2179

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Need to check the Gear Lever connection, the selector switch on the gear lever, and mechatronic overall check. Can your dealer do this? If they are helpless, pls PM me, I have spoken to my Ahmedabad dealer and he knows a decent person to check this at Autobahn Mumbai.
Thanks for the suggestions! I will pass this on to my service advisor. My car is already at Autobahn Mumbai - Kurla - could you give me the details of this person at Autobahn Mumbai - maybe I could involve him too as currently the service advisor has not been able to find the fault. Thanks!
Old 14th May 2016, 00:37   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions! I will pass this on to my service advisor. My car is already at Autobahn Mumbai - Kurla - could you give me the details of this person at Autobahn Mumbai - maybe I could involve him too as currently the service advisor has not been able to find the fault. Thanks!

His name is Mr. Vinod Singh, he might be able to put you in touch with the correct person who will ultimately diagnose the issue.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 13:14   #2181
BHPian

Damn.....almost arranged money, decided to sell my Wagon R and scouted a good deal, got the financing on the table and now again the horror stories resurface :(

Now I am seriously thinking of a Jetta or extending my budget to get an Audi A3. This is disappointing. I love the Octavia.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:52   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Damn.....almost arranged money, decided to sell my Wagon R and scouted a good deal, got the financing on the table and now again the horror stories resurface :(

Now I am seriously thinking of a Jetta or extending my budget to get an Audi A3. This is disappointing. I love the Octavia.

Has happened to many of us, Would advice getting the Jetta instead of an A3 if badge value isn't your importance, It provides much better VFM factor compared to the Audi.
Old 16th May 2016, 15:49   #2183
BHPian

Quote:

I would say get the Jetta too. The A3 is cramped, doesn't have any upgrade on the Jetta except for the 20 more horses, and the higher variant will greatly eat into your budget.
Old 16th May 2016, 17:01   #2184
Senior - BHPian

I'll chime in and say get either the Jetta TDI or the Octavia TDI, depending on which way you lean. Skoda's A.S.S. is definitely hit or miss, and the Jetta is slightly more VFM if you're looking purely from a driving perspective. If you want a few more creature comforts, the Octavia is the way to go.
Old 16th May 2016, 19:49   #2185
BHPian

Hi guys , need a small advice. Made up my mind on Octavia 1.8 TSI ( ex-Mumbai ) after having gone through this thread multiple times. I understand there might be issues with 7 speed DsG but looks like the newer dsgs are a lot more reliable. My driving would be no more than 300-400km in a month and one off highway trips in a quarter . I have a budget of 25-27 L ( OTR) and need good drivers car. I have a quote from JMD Mumbai for 24.5L OTR for Octavia 1.8 TsI style plus ( 70k discount ) . Do you guys this is the best price ? I haven't negotiated any discount and this is voluntarily offered by the dealer. He has also agreed to match my insurance quote from HdFc , which is almost 30k less than dealer price. Please let me know your views . Also please let me know if drive assure (rs 20k) is necessary at this point or I can buy it later .
Old 17th May 2016, 08:24   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
I have a quote from JMD Mumbai for 24.5L OTR for Octavia 1.8 TsI style plus ( 70k discount ) . Do you guys this is the best price ? I haven't negotiated any discount and this is voluntarily offered by the dealer. He has also agreed to match my insurance quote from HdFc , which is almost 30k less than dealer price. Please let me know your views . Also please let me know if drive assure (rs 20k) is necessary at this point or I can buy it later .
Hi Sudhir. Initially I had also got the similar quotes from JMD. However, on playing hardball with Ankit (the salesperson), I was offered a discount of nearly 1.20lakh and he agreed to extend it to around 1.45-1.50 lakh if I buy a 2015 manufactured Octavia. This was around March'16.

I believe that you should not straightway rush into a deal with these folks. Play the waiting game. They are very active with their follow-ups and will keep buzzing you every 2 days.

Mention every time they call that you are looking for a better discount/deal. Finally they will ask you to visit their showroom once and discuss. That is where you do the killing and negotiate the steepest discount possible by telling them that you are willing to book it right there. Show them the money and get a quote and don't let them run away from that by making a booking immediately once the price is in your comfort zone.

Hope this helps.
toofanwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 09:50   #2187
BHPian

Quote:

Don't fall into the Skoda abyss. They offer a lot of features and the proposition is too good to leave, but in the long run, you need a reliable automobile that you can use through thick and thin. Octavia (especially the TSI) is not that.

EDIT: you should review this if you haven't already. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...speed-dsg.html

Last edited by t2k4 : 17th May 2016 at 09:58.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:07   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sudhir. Initially I had also got the similar quotes from JMD. However, on playing hardball with Ankit (the salesperson), I was offered a discount of nearly 1.20lakh and he agreed to extend it to around 1.45-1.50 lakh if I buy a 2015 manufactured Octavia. This was around March'16.

I believe that you should not straightway rush into a deal with these folks. Play the waiting game. They are very active with their follow-ups and will keep buzzing you every 2 days.

Mention every time they call that you are looking for a better discount/deal. Finally they will ask you to visit their showroom once and discuss. That is where you do the killing and negotiate the steepest discount possible by telling them that you are willing to book it right there. Show them the money and get a quote and don't let them run away from that by making a booking immediately once the price is in your comfort zone.

Hope this helps.
1.2 L discount for Petrol octavia ? Can you please give me the phone number of the salesperson and I will speak to him. thnks

PS: Not sure if your Pm service is active but would be grateful if you can share on the number on the thread itself.

Last edited by sudhir3127 : 17th May 2016 at 11:31.
Old 17th May 2016, 12:24   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
1.2 L discount for Petrol octavia ? Can you please give me the phone number of the salesperson and I will speak to him. thnks

PS: Not sure if your Pm service is active but would be grateful if you can share on the number on the thread itself.
Hi Sudhir.

The mobile number of salesperson from JMD Skoda is below:

Please note that like I mentioned, I had a discussion in March (2 months back) and the discount was for a 2015 manufactured car.
Check with him and see if he offers you the same deal. He may stretch up to a 1.45-1.5L discount based on how hard you bargain.

All the best.
toofanwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:39   #2190
BHPian

I know the style plus is already a fully loaded car but do you see a L&K trim coming up anytime soon ? Not sure what will it add ( may be ventilated seats, more speakers not sure).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks