Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 21:28   #2296
BHPian

Skoda recommends 32-32 tyre pressure when one or two people are in the car. When fully loaded this recommendation is 36-46. So there is a vast difference in this range. I have been keeping 32-32 pressure because most of my driving is alone.

We have planned a weekend trip and we will be 4 persons with 3-4 bags in the car. I don't want our ride to be harsh due to rough condition of the roads in this monsoon season. I am thinking of keeping 34-38 pressure in the front and back tyres.

Any suggestions?
Old 9th August 2016, 22:42   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Skoda recommends 32-32 tyre pressure when one or two people are in the car. When fully loaded this recommendation is 36-46.

Any suggestions?

You can keep it 35 or 36 PSI all round. Won't be a problem. I kept a 38 all round on a trip consisting of bad roads to 'no roads' with 5 adults and loads of luggage. Everything was fine although a bit bouncy but nothing unsettling.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 12:28   #2298
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
Recently booked my 1.8 TSI syle plus and got a discount of 1.2L on ex-showroom. Pls note this is a VIN 16 MY16 model . Have few connects at the showroom and happy to help anyone who is interested.
Sudhir was that from Mahavir Hyderabad?
Old 12th August 2016, 12:34   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
Sudhir was that from Mahavir Hyderabad?
No, I stay in Mumbai.
Old 12th August 2016, 14:45   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Just wanted to confirm something with you - I find my Octavia's music system sub par as compared to the music system that was there in the Laura. Honestly the bass is almost missing and there is literally no depth anywhere. Anyone else also facing this issue?
Yes I feel the same. The laura speakers had much more deeper sound and low volume performance was very good. I would say octavia sound quality is only 75% good as laura.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 08:00   #2301
BHPian

I guess they light weighted everything including the number of copper turns on the speakers.
Old 13th August 2016, 13:17   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Yes I feel the same. The laura speakers had much more deeper sound and low volume performance was very good. I would say octavia sound quality is only 75% good as laura.
The Laura L&k had a 3 way active setup in the front and 2 way in the rear with a dedicated multi channel amp. It sounded way better than many of the cars from segments above.
The octavia in India doesn't get the Canton audio option like the Superb does. I haven't heard the Canton in the Superb yet, but on paper has a similar setup to the old Laura L&K
I'm usually very particular about the audio in my cars but I'm scared to do anything in the octy for the fear of warranty.

Cheers !
vibhu_f430 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 14:27   #2303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
I'm usually very particular about the audio in my cars but I'm scared to do anything in the octy for the fear of warranty.

Cheers !
Is there any plug and play scope at all to improve the Octavia stereo? Can we pop in a center speaker in the dashboard and simply connect to the existing Bolero unit for example?
Old 15th August 2016, 10:39   #2304
BHPian

Why is octavia selling so low? Despite its positives and so many good things, it doesn't seem to move off the shelf. On the other hand, dealer (vinayak skoda) is quoting waiting period. I find this strange. Is it due to low inventory?
Old 15th August 2016, 10:55   #2305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Why is octavia selling so low? Despite its positives and so many good things, it doesn't seem to move off the shelf. On the other hand, dealer (vinayak skoda) is quoting waiting period. I find this strange. Is it due to low inventory?
Based on my recent factory visit. They might be running down on kits since a facelift is due. We were not allowed into the Octavia final assembly area for that particular reason
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 12:12   #2306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They might be running down on kits since a facelift is due.
Ajmat,

That would be the European major face-lift with the Kodiak / Vision C type split headlights?

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/s...ndering-228757

Considering that Aurangabad gets its kits directly from CZ, is India directly getting the 2017 EU Octavia, or the dolled up China special with the VRS front and rear bumpers with diffuser and extra chrome?

http://auto.pravda.sk/novinky/clanok...-a-v-style-rs/

The first 2 pictures below are the renderings from IAB while the rest are renderings + spy-shots of the China face-lift.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-2017skodaoctaviafrontthreequartersrendering1024x768.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-2017skodaoctaviarearthreequartersrendering1024x768.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviafaceliftcina2016_01galeria.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviafaceliftcina2016_04galeria.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviafaceliftcina2016_09nestandard2.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviafaceliftcina2016_12nestandard2.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 12:59   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ajmat,

That would be the European major face-lift with the Kodiak / Vision C type split headlights?

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/s...ndering-228757
I believe The Kodiaq Is going to ditch the Split design of The Vision C, But will definitely have another Small Unit Apart from The Stretched Headlamps of The Spied Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Considering that Aurangabad gets its kits directly from CZ, is India directly getting the 2017 EU Octavia, or the dolled up China special with the VRS front and rear bumpers with diffuser and extra chrome?

http://auto.pravda.sk/novinky/clanok...-a-v-style-rs/

The first 2 pictures below are the renderings from IAB while the rest are renderings + spy-shots of the China face-lift.
There indeed Has Been a Rumour(As per couple of weeks back information) That vRS MAY make it to the country soon or as You mentioned, It may also be one that has been spotted in China. Skoda really needs to Spice up Things just a wee bit to keep D1 segment Customers interested and not make them move over to Elantra Which is coming in with Features that are present in a C class.
Old 15th August 2016, 13:21   #2308
BHPian

Anybody here had issues with 'water/coolant pump'? My 1.8tsi stuck at service centre.
Just wanted to check if this is another of AC cooling coil or battery like issue.
Old 15th August 2016, 14:27   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
Anybody here had issues with 'water/coolant pump'? My 1.8tsi stuck at service centre.
Just wanted to check if this is another of AC cooling coil or battery like issue.
This is a 'known issue' with most of Skoda cars. My yeti (2013 model) had it's water pump blown in year 2015 (within the warranty period) and I had to wait for almost 5 days to get the work done. Luckily the part was in stock back then.
the service advisor told me that they get atleast 3-4 such issues every month reported across various models of skoda.
Old 16th August 2016, 01:13   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Based on my recent factory visit. They might be running down on kits since a facelift is due. We were not allowed into the Octavia final assembly area for that particular reason
In Bangalore, Vinayak Skoda quoted a waiting time of a month for the Octavia. Tafe Access on the other hand has given me a wait time of just about 10 days. However they did say that only two colors are available - Candy white and Brilliant silver and rest of the colors have a significant waiting period with no kits available at the plant.

I specifically asked the manager at Tafe about the launch of a face lift but he said nothing of that sort is happening. Just said that there is a price hike from end of the month to cover for the 4 year default warranty effective September 1st. Hence colors other than white and silver when available will be at the new price.

Not sure whether dealers have all the right info.
vikramk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks