Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 01:08   #2641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, did you buy it separately or did it come with the 9999 essentials pack? If the latter then the pack is amazing VFM!
It came with the essentials kit. Didn't order anything additional
Old 7th February 2017, 11:27   #2642
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
It came with the essentials kit. Didn't order anything additional
Amazing! Will you post pictures of the Essentials kit? They have 2 types of boot mats (2.9k/6.5k) and a boot dish (5k).

If I understand correctly, your kit was the boot dish/mat, mats (2.8k), waste-bin (.8k), front flaps (.7k), cushions (.8k?).

Also thought I saw your new thread yesterday but it vanished today :-)
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:43   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Amazing! Will you post pictures of the Essentials kit? They have 2 types of boot mats (2.9k/6.5k) and a boot dish (5k).

If I understand correctly, your kit was the boot dish/mat, mats (2.8k), waste-bin (.8k), front flaps (.7k), cushions (.8k?).

Also thought I saw your new thread yesterday but it vanished today :-)
My bad buddy. It isn't the boot dish, it is the regular rubber mat. I got the two beige plush Skoda cushions, the waste-bin, mud flaps. Will check the full list and add if any.

Yes, the thread is still a work in progress. Doesn't have enough content so has been moved to the Assembly Line. Hopefully, I should be able to put it back for everyone to see soon
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:42   #2644
BHPian

New limited edition Octavia incoming. Page seems to indicate a February arrival.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia.jpg

Tweet - https://twitter.com/SkodaIndia/statu...69979480612865

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/o...n-feb2017.aspx
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 22:31   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Dealers have sent their service heads for training to Pune today. May be for VRS? Or the Kodiaq. Can't be for this limited edition.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 07:46   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Could it be the Rumoured "Black Edition" ?

The website clearly mentions Skoda Octavia Limited Edition. Even worldwide, the Black Edition is a Limited Edition. It could be the same here too.

Skoda had planned Black Edition for 2017. If it's RS, everyone would be jumping by excitement.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 08:51   #2647
BANNED

Vrs would've had it on the grill, this most definitely looks like the black edition with 17" and maybe a free additions to the feature list. Eagerly looking forward to it, just might end up with a 1.8 TSI DSG to replace the Innova. And even if like the zeal edition it is limited to white and silver, it still makes sense as interior > exterior to me atleast.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 08:54   #2648
Senior - BHPian

This sounds more like a "Get rid of stock before facelift" edition. Unlikely it will be the vRS.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 09:10   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
+1

The chance to get home a brilliant Octavia before they officially ruin it with the facelift. Elegant and sporty on the outside and with those gorgeous all black interiors on the inside.

The Octavia Zeal edition was one of my favorite sedan. It looked brilliant inside out. For the ones sitting on the fence, don't miss this chance!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 11:55   #2650
BHPian

According to the dealers, this is a limited edition named 'ONYX' edition. Available in two colors i.e White and Red. There are only cosmetic changes to the exterior it seems.
AjiGTI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 13:44   #2651
BHPian

There seems to be many new buys of Octavia of late. Congratulations to all new car owners.

I have dealing with (in)famous Skoda A.S.S. since last month. I had a sun roof rattling problem within 4 months of my purchase. At that time the car was given to the service station and problem was solved and car was given back to me in 2 days. That fix worked fine up till 1st week of December. My second service was also due in mid December. So I gave my car for 2nd year service along with complaint of rattling sun roof.

Last time the service advisor was good and he dealt with the job nicely. However this time that particular service advisor was no more with the service station and a new service advisor took up my job. The car was kept at the service station for 4 days and given back to me after applying some special and costly (As per service advisor) lubricant. During all 4 days the service advisor never called me up for any update. My calls were never replied to half of the times. I also tried calling their service manager. But he also was of no help in updating me about my car. But I was happy to get the car after 4 days of waiting. I was told that my work job was not closed and I was told to come back of the problem reoccurs within couple of days.

However the fix worked fine for a week or so. The problem re occurred. Though intensity of the rattle had come down I was keen to get this sorted as my warranty was getting over. So I gave my car again this Monday. Three days have passed and I have not received a single call for update. My calls to service advisor are not received. My calls to the service manager are received and I am told that he will inquire and get back to me. I am yet to receive his call back.

So after spending frustrating 3 days I complained to Skoda Helpline. They got me connected with the service advisor in a conference call who bluntly refused having received any of my calls! His reason for not contacting me was that I was trying to get updates from the Service Manager! I was assured that things will be sorted out.

I am yet to receive any update
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 15:21   #2652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I am yet to receive any update
Ensure you give them 0/10 both on the job closure form and when Skoda India calls you a week later. Such people must be taught a lesson.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 17:55   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Dealers have sent their service heads for training to Pune today. May be for VRS? Or the Kodiaq. Can't be for this limited edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

The website clearly mentions Skoda Octavia Limited Edition. Even worldwide, the Black Edition is a Limited Edition. It could be the same here too.

Skoda had planned Black Edition for 2017. If it's RS, everyone would be jumping by excitement.
Not VRS for sure, as the engines for VRS are yet to be homologated. That will take another 3-4 months, so VRS is anyways not the one this time.

Also, what I know is Skoda is planning to launch the VRS during Diwali time.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:43   #2654
Senior - BHPian

As I had mentioned earlier, Skoda is no longer importing older kits as mentioned to me by a JMD staff member, this surely is a way of getting rid of existing stock as the new kits have already started arriving and we will see a launch of the new Octavia sooner than anyone can imagine.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 20:13   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
As I had mentioned earlier, Skoda is no longer importing older kits as mentioned to me by a JMD staff member, this surely is a way of getting rid of existing stock as the new kits have already started arriving and we will see a launch of the new Octavia sooner than anyone can imagine.
New Octavia with the 1.8 TSi or 1.4 TSi?!

Most Viewed