Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2018, 17:45   #2971
BHPian

My car is showing a change the key battery sign. I switched to the duplicate key and of course the duplicate key has good battery since the red light glows on pressing the buttons, but the sign is still showing every time on startup. The workshop is 2 hours away and so it's a pain sending the vehicle for something as simple as this.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2018 at 08:53. Reason: Poorly typed post
Old 1st January 2018, 18:59   #2972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The workshop is 2 hours away and so it's a pain sending the vehicle for something as simple is this...
Should not appear. I suspect your duplicate key battery is also weak as I found in my case. Buy a couple of reputed CR cells and retry. That worked in my case; in fact whenever I drive outstation, I carry both the spare key (in wife handbag) as well as a new sealed CR cell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
My right side scroller on multi function steering wheel has also broken. I have been quoted around 18K for the same. I believe this is just ridiculous. I am trying to get it covered under extended warranty as my original warranty of 2 years has expired. Let us see how it goes.

I have searched online and this part - both right and left side switches are available for around 10k including shipping.
Rutvij, you face an uphill task. I got my identical component replaced under initial 2 year warranty as the LHS backplate behind the scroller had become loose. Initially, it was a point blank refusal claiming it was a wear and tear item. However I pointed out that while the scroller could be a w&t item, the backplate was not sure much used, and it had clearly popped out of its groove.

After a days diagnostics and back and forth with SAIPL, the same was replaced under warranty.

Let us know!

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2018 at 08:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 1st January 2018, 23:51   #2973
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
My right side scroller on multi function steering wheel has also broken. I have been quoted around 18K for the same. I believe this is just ridiculous. I am trying to get it covered under extended warranty as my original warranty of 2 years has expired. Let us see how it goes.

I have searched online and this part - both right and left side switches are available for around 10k including shipping.
I myself tried to get it done but they didn't support my case. Couldn't follow up after since I went off to my college. Let me know if you get any success with this.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 15:19   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I myself tried to get it done but they didn't support my case. Couldn't follow up after since I went off to my college. Let me know if you get any success with this.
Nice idea by skoda to make profits. Make a premium car and fill it with obnoxious quality plastic parts which will break if someone cough or sneeze.
And make it cost upwards of 10K + labour for replacement when manufacturing cost of such an item will not be more that 500 Rs.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:15   #2975
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree! The obvious dicey bits:

**Storage box cover next to steering wheel / door.

**Glovebox latch is quite weak, especially if full

**Steering buttons and scrolling wheels. Expensive.

**Delicate fuel lid flap / door. Expensive to replace

**AC slider controls. Very expensive and no warranty!

Any others?

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd January 2018 at 16:18. Reason: Formatting
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:45   #2976

My cars RHS scrolling wheel had also broken - which was refused to be changed under warranty. Luckily during a service appointment, the service station broke the LHS scrolling wheel so they changed both at their cost as it comes in a set.
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:19   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Gave my car to one of the BLR dealers today with the following complaints:

Sunroof rattle
Hi, I'm curious to know if they fixed this and how as I'm having the same issue.
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:54   #2978
BHPian

Hello Friends

I wanted to get a test drive of the Octavia, however, all the dealers in Delhi do not have the car and say that the car is on wait-list and will not be available before March 2018.

I am surprised by this sudden wait-list on Octavia!

This leads me to think that either there is a sudden spurt in demand for Octavia and so this has gone on wait-list. Or Skoda is only manufacturing this car when they get a confirmed order.

In my mind, the first one is less likely.

Any thoughts from fellow BHPians!!
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:08   #2979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Hi, I'm curious to know if they fixed this and how as I'm having the same issue.
Still waiting for the car :-(

1. They had no sparkplugs in stock despite knowing fully well the service requirements
2. My Android Auto is just not functioning even after trying everything. Seems the media unit may need replacement. Workshop has been asked to replace it with a demo car unit to confirm the issue.
Old 4th January 2018, 16:13   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Rutvij, you face an uphill task. I got my identical component replaced under initial 2 year warranty as the LHS backplate behind the scroller had become loose. Initially, it was a point blank refusal claiming it was a wear and tear item. However I pointed out that while the scroller could be a w&t item, the backplate was not sure much used, and it had clearly popped out of its groove.

After a days diagnostics and back and forth with SAIPL, the same was replaced under warranty.

Let us know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Nice idea by skoda to make profits. Make a premium car and fill it with obnoxious quality plastic parts which will break if someone cough or sneeze.
And make it cost upwards of 10K + labour for replacement when manufacturing cost of such an item will not be more that 500 Rs.
My extended warranty is from ICICI Lombard. My Service Advisor contacted the Surveyor and informed me that they will not be covering it as damage is due to normal wear and tear. I am not pursing this matter further as I see no point in giving my car and getting the same reply after 4-5 days. Had my warranty been with Skoda directly, I would have pursued the matter as this is a clear case of bad plastic quality.

This part is available for less than 10K (including transport) online. Has anyone idea of such online supplies of parts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skoda-Octav...5.c10#shpCntId
Old 4th January 2018, 16:49   #2981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This part is available for less than 10K (including transport) online.
How long till your extended warranty expires? Suggest you replace it once it's over. Also check with vagtune.in for any other options.

I think the component is a very simple plug and play fit without any coding etc, but unsure.
Old 6th January 2018, 08:25   #2982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Still waiting for the car :-(

1. They had no sparkplugs in stock despite knowing fully well the service requirements
2. My Android Auto is just not functioning even after trying everything. Seems the media unit may need replacement. Workshop has been asked to replace it with a demo car unit to confirm the issue.
Car now back and has been serviced very well as per initial impressions. Sounds much quieter and smoother. Piece of good news is that Skoda OEM sparkplugs are now drastically lower in price coming to ~3k for a set of 4.

Android Auto issue is pending resolution by Skoda technical team next week. Most probably the hardware needs to be changed. Maybe they can upgrade it FoC to the new 8" one ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20180105_192627.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th January 2018 at 08:29. Reason: Picture
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 11:09   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Car now back and has been serviced very well as per initial impressions. Sounds much quieter and smoother. Piece of good news is that Skoda OEM sparkplugs are now drastically lower in price coming to ~3k for a set of 4.

Android Auto issue is pending resolution by Skoda technical team next week. Most probably the hardware needs to be changed. Maybe they can upgrade it FoC to the new 8" one ?
Good to know. Satisfaction matters!

And how exactly did they fix the sunroof rattle?
Old 12th January 2018, 13:18   #2984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Good to know. Satisfaction matters!

And how exactly did they fix the sunroof rattle?
Sorry, overlooked your query. For me it was a mild sunroof rattle which developed a month prior, but which seems to have been fixed by Skoda by coating all beadings with silicone lubricant.

The more irritating issue are the squeaks and groaning noises coming from the sunroof area when the chassis gets subjected to any torsional force. For example, when only the front wheels are on an incline or when I drive diagonally over a tall speedbreaker. In these times, the chassis gets twisted slightly and I hate the resultant noises from the sunroof area. I suspect this is endemic to the lighter MQB platform coupled with the existence of the sunroof. The cold weather makes the groaning more frequent too.

For example in my heavier (non sunroof) Cruze, I have never heard these chassis flexing noises inspite of driving for 103000 km over every type of terrain possible.

Guess I need to live with it. One last try I will take is to coat the beadings with the Gummi Pfledge Stift that I bought off eBay UK. However, I suspect this is a chassis matter and not a simple beading issue!

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th January 2018 at 13:24. Reason: Clarifying
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 17:44   #2985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Piece of good news is that Skoda OEM sparkplugs are now drastically lower in price coming to ~3k for a set of 4.
Interesting. In November 2016, when I got the spark plugs changed on my 1.8 TSi Laura, they charged me ~8k for the set of 4! I found it absurdly high!! Do you know if the same ones are now priced at ~3k? I mean are the spark plugs on Laura's 1.8 same as the ones on Octavia 3's 1.8?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks