Thank you. Yes it's mainly driven in the infamous Bangalore traffic
Old 15th May 2019, 14:43   #3452
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Update on my 1.8 TSI running in:
Managed to stay a monk a....TSI
The monk who got his Octavia? Please do post details on how it is after this austere period.

Travelwriter
Old 16th May 2019, 16:48   #3453
BHPian

Booked the Octy Ambition diesel manual for Rs 19 lakhs with skoda shield and 56 yr warranty. Tentative delivery within 1st week of june.
dieselhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 21:31   #3454

Small update : my wife went to see the car and was surprised to see scratches on the B pillar panels. I wanted to ask members here , if I should refuse to take the car( buying a new car, knowing this) , or take it and get it removed during ceramic coating - if they can! Dealer of course says it's not a problem and these scratches are barely visible. But it's not! I know, easiest option could also be to get them wrapped, since they are extremely scratch prone.

They actually got the car delivered in a week after booking - so I know dealer can always say, "replacement car might take weeks ". Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190516wa0002.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190516wa0000.jpg  

Old 16th May 2019, 21:43   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy1010 View Post
Small update : my wife went to see the car and was surprised to see scratches on the B pillar panels. I wanted to ask members here , if I should refuse to take the car( buying a new car, knowing this) , or take it and get it removed during ceramic coating - if they can! Dealer of course says it's not a problem and these scratches are barely visible. But it's not! I know, easiest option could also be to get them wrapped, since they are extremely scratch prone.

They actually got the car delivered in a week after booking - so I know dealer can always say, "replacement car might take weeks ". Any suggestions?
Our Rapid is 5 years old and there isn’t a single scratch on the B-pillars yet. I would say if you’re really keen on it, ask them for another car (check the whole car thoroughly again-was it sitting in a stockyard for a month or two before u booked it?). Else, just get it wrapped or removed.
Nostalgic3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 23:52   #3456
BHPian

Quote:

I'm still don't believe their explanation about why they took the protective white film out before delivery date. In my case it was peeled off on delivery day and after asking me. I also saw many cars in their yard with protective film intact.
I think you should be assertive with your dealer and check if this car was kept as a display car in their showroom.
There is no need to buy a scratched car when they are not giving any discount. If they say replacement will take time, tell them that you will wait.

Last edited by Lambydude : 16th May 2019 at 23:53.
Old 17th May 2019, 00:10   #3457
BHPian

Got this message today from Skoda:

SKODA OCTAVIA L&K now with an option of 6 Year Warranty + 6 Year Road Assist. Avail SKODA Finance EMI of 17,777 INR, Loyalty Bonus 50,000 INR & 50,000 INR benefits on select credit cards. For more details give a missed call on XXXXX. T&C Apply.

I removed the number as it might be region specific. @roy1010's no discount predicament seems tough to digest.

The time is now gentlemen.
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 07:56   #3458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Got this message today from Skoda:

SKODA OCTAVIA L&K now with an option of 6 Year Warranty + 6 Year Road Assist. Avail SKODA Finance EMI of 17,777 INR, Loyalty Bonus 50,000 INR & 50,000 INR benefits on select credit cards. For more details give a missed call on XXXXX. T&C Apply.

I removed the number as it might be region specific. @roy1010's no discount predicament seems tough to digest.

The time is now gentlemen.
IIRC, this offer comes with bullet payments (bulk payments each year) in addition to the EMIs that you pay. Be sure to check the payouts thoroughly before taking the offer.
Old 17th May 2019, 08:15   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
IIRC, this offer comes with bullet payments (bulk payments each year) in addition to the EMIs that you pay. Be sure to check the payouts thoroughly before taking the offer.
Thanks for the heads up.
More than the EMI offer, i was trying to draw attention to the loyalty discount being offered plus the additional discount on using specific cards which seems to be something new.

If they give the traditional corporate discount on top of this then it's really something else.
Old 17th May 2019, 11:56   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Thanks for the heads up.
More than the EMI offer, i was trying to draw attention to the loyalty discount being offered plus the additional discount on using specific cards which seems to be something new.

If they give the traditional corporate discount on top of this then it's really something else.

They need specific cards for what? Paying the booking amount ? Also, loyalty discount extends to what? Exchange? Or if I have a Skoda car at home but I am not exchanging it ?
Old 17th May 2019, 13:13   #3461
BHPian

The Rs 50,000 discount on credit cards is there. But dealer (Gurudev Motors, chennai) is talking back and forth. First they said this is applicable on ex-showroom. Now they are saying that 50% on ex-showroom and 50% on factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20190509-11.05.28-pm.jpeg  

br_876 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 18:11   #3462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Small update : my wife went to see the car and was surprised to see scratches on the B pillar panels. I wanted to ask members here , if I should refuse to take the car( buying a new car, knowing this) , or take it and get it removed during ceramic coating - if they can!
That B-Pillar is glossy panel. Dealer would have washed car, leading to those scratches/swirls.

Detailer can remove them, but it will reappear after some washes.

Take delivery of car and enjoy driving it. Ignore these small things.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 19:02   #3463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygojer View Post
Thank you. Yes it's mainly driven in the infamous Bangalore traffic
Do you practice shifting to N from D at traffic signals/ traffic blocks?
Old 17th May 2019, 23:58   #3464

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
That B-Pillar is glossy panel. Dealer would have washed car, leading to those scratches/swirls.

Detailer can remove them, but it will reappear after some washes.

Take delivery of car and enjoy driving it. Ignore these small things.
I really like your last line. Ignore the small things. So true.

But you know how it is, when you're buying your first new car! I'm getting the car. Dealer tried to get the panel changed. Couldn't. Compensating by giving full tank fuel. Talking tomorrow to CEO to see if they can still remove the marks. Dealer admitted that it's their mistake that they removed the film and the marks would have come then and also, while cleaning - since these are magnets for marks! He can give cctv footage to prove that car hasn't been mishandled and that it's not a display car.
Old 18th May 2019, 17:56   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
They need specific cards for what? Paying the booking amount ? Also, loyalty discount extends to what? Exchange? Or if I have a Skoda car at home but I am not exchanging it ?
For Loyalty you need to give them a copy of an RC in your name. There is no need for an exchange.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks