Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 00:49   #3496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
My problem with the sound still continues with the boot completely empty. Last option before I visit service station is to remove the boot mat and the cover(wooden) of Stepney and check. It's a very soft sound and not sure if I am being paranoid. 1 to 3 dum dum sound when I apply break approaching a hump and during the course of passing through the hump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Nothing to worry about. Its the fuel splash sound that comes from the fuel tank which is placed under the seat. Fairly common issue with the Octavia. I still get it in the exact same manner as your described after 55000 km on my car.

Rohan
I also hear such sound and it is only when releasing the break. Not sure if this is the same splashing sound explained in Briskoda thread. This sound is more a soft thud like a hard ball rolling and hitting a cardboard. Very soft and muted. Comes only at slow speed or may be at higher speeds it gets drowned in the tyre/wind noise. It has nothing to do with the quantum of fuel in the tank, is my observation.

Will check my SA about this.

Last edited by Karvel : 11th June 2019 at 00:51.
Old 11th June 2019, 10:46   #3497
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathuranuj View Post
Is Skoda offering an upgrade to the virtual cockpits to cars sold in Sep 2018?
Totally unlikely in my experience. Skoda officially refuses to install even simple OEM Skoda plug-n-play modules, far less complex modules like this needing wiring additions + coding.

However, a simple Google search shows that it's now easily available even in IN through vagtune and others for around 100K. Should be pretty easy to install and code I suppose. You MAY need to install the Skoda Gateway & Connect modules though to actually source the readings from the ECU.

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th June 2019 at 10:57.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 11:06   #3498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
However, a simple Google search shows that it's now easily available even in IN through vagtune and others for around 100K. Should be pretty easy to install and code I suppose. You MAY need to install the Skoda Gateway & Connect modules though to actually source the readings from the ECU.
The only issue getting this done outside Skoda will be they can deny warranty to any electrical parts including DSG, which would be quite risky.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 11:10   #3499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The only issue getting this done outside Skoda will be they can deny warranty to any electrical parts including DSG, which would be quite risky.
Good point! As the add-on will need integration into the main wiring harness connected to the MFD, ECM and BCMs across the car, they are ideally placed to deny warranty on everything but suspension. In the Octavia, very few bits and pieces are unconnected to an electronic sensor.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 11:48   #3500

Hi there TeamBHPians,

New to the forum, but have been following this thread keenly for many months now. Been a big fan of the Octavia for many years but wasn't until a year odd ago I made up my mind to upgrade from the existing set of wheels (Honda City, and a Honda Brio).

So the news is, after some traumatic running around arranging funds and needed documentation to buy the Octavia- the big day finally came on the 3rd of June! Got the delivery of my 1.8 TSI L&K Quartz grey Octavia from Krishna Auto Sales in Chandigarh. The folks at this outlet were very helpful and were available every step of the way in ensuring great customer satisfaction.

I'll add more detail to this post explaining as much as possible around my experience around researching, booking, paperwork, delivery, paint treatments, RTO runs and my overall experience with this magnificent beast (its been amazing so far!). For now, here are some initial pics from the dealership. Look forward to sharing the experience with this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20190603-5.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20190603-5.17.33-pm.jpeg  

chee is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 12:19   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee View Post
Hi there TeamBHPians,

So the news is, after some traumatic running around arranging funds and needed documentation to buy the Octavia- the big day finally came on the 3rd of June! Got the delivery of my 1.8 TSI L&K Quartz grey Octavia from Krishna Auto Sales in Chandigarh. The folks at this outlet were very helpful and were available every step of the way in ensuring great customer satisfaction.
Congrats. Welcome to the Octavians gang. The car looks stunning in Quartz Grey. Yes, do some ceramic coating to retain the glistening effect. Do post some pics of the instrument cluster. Wish you many Happy Miles.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 13:25   #3502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Congrats. Welcome to the Octavians gang. The car looks stunning in Quartz Grey. Yes, do some ceramic coating to retain the glistening effect. Do post some pics of the instrument cluster. Wish you many Happy Miles.
Thanks! Yes got the Ceramic coat done last week from a Ceramic Pro certified dealer in Delhi. Here's the beauty as of yesterday morning. More details around this to follow over the coming days
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20190614-12.10.56-pm.jpeg  

chee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 16:40   #3503
BHPian

A few shots of the virtual cockpit in my L&K.
The standard view of speedo and tacho with other information between them.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190616_160210_s.jpg
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190616_160315_s.jpg

A tacho-only display with other data as text.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190616_160336_s.jpg

A pretty boring view with all text .
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190616_161128_s.jpg

There are multiple other ways to change the display which I have not explored yet.
nma83 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 18:02   #3504
BHPian

A request to members who have taken deliveries recently to share whether their cars already have the Audible speed alerts at 80 and 120 Km/Hr.

Thank you in advance !
Old 18th June 2019, 20:34   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
A request to members who have taken deliveries recently to share whether their cars already have the Audible speed alerts at 80 and 120 Km/Hr.

Thank you in advance !
Mine doesn't, for sure. Delivery taken on May 23. 1.8 TSI Style.

Cheers,
R_S
Old 19th June 2019, 09:52   #3506
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you in advance !
Mine doesnt. Taken delivery on April 1st. As per VIN, March manufactured. TDI Style.
Old 19th June 2019, 20:58   #3507
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you in advance !
Mandarin, I thought this is something you can set.. May not come by default. I recollect my 2012 Yeti does have this feature. Of course I have not used it ever other than while trying out on the new car.
Old 19th June 2019, 21:03   #3508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Mandarin, I thought this is something you can set.. May not come by default.
He's referring to the mandatory speed alert chime that sounds when the car crosses 80 kmph and 120 kmph. This was implemented recently.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ly-2019-a.html (Audible speed alerts to be mandatory by July 2019)
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:01   #3509
BHPian

Hi guys,

Would it be wise to pick up a well kept 2015 Diesel Ambition Manual, model run around 50k? What's would be the maintenance expenses we can expect in future?
What would be an ideal/realistic price to quote.
Any thoughts/inputs appreciated. Thank you
Old 20th June 2019, 17:14   #3510
Senior - BHPian

Since its the base model Ambition, a price in the range of 8-9 Lakh sound reasonable for the mileage. If its really well kept and has no history of major repairs, even 10 Lakh could be worth it. Best to check the orange book value. For maintenance estimates, again the best source is to check the car's service history at the dealership by providing the car number with the owner's permission. Sometimes dealers just give the info without seeking consent from the owner too, which I am against.

For regular maintenance estimates, check the Skoda Service Calculator on the website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks