Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 17:15   #3916
sud
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Assume you meant 205/60/16 in your opening sentence? I think best option is now P4ST instead of P3ST which is slowly being superseded by the former at the same price.
Yes you are right. That was a typo. I meant 205/60/16 and I also meant P4ST

Thanks for pointing out and I have asked the support to see if they can update it.

Last edited by sud : 19th November 2019 at 17:21.
Old 19th November 2019, 20:37   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyP
What are the current offers that are running on the Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K or if someone recently has booked the 1.8 TSI L&K?
Hey Vicky !

I enquired in Chennai and Trichy last month but it's all the same dealer viz. Gurudev Motors and they were offering only 75k as Skoda discount and 50k as corporate discount, which accounts to 1.25L only for the 1.8TSI L&K. I'm also planning to get the car during January. So I'm interested in trying a combined negotiation. The discount as such looks like it's more than what it is in Chennai. But TAFE Skoda quoted the same 1.25L when I called them up.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2019 at 20:48. Reason: Quote fixed, trimmed.
Old 19th November 2019, 21:03   #3918
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
The discount as such looks like it's more than what it is in Chennai. But TAFE Skoda quoted the same 1.25L when I called them up.
I bought last month, got marginally more than this, without taking insurance from them.
Old 19th November 2019, 21:09   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I bought last month, got marginally more than this, without taking insurance from them.

The dealer in Chennai suggested me to do the same too. And to insure the car with Skoda during the 3rd year so that I can avail extended warranty before the 4th year. Do you think that's the way to go ? Also do you think waiting for a few more months would get us more discounts ? I really don't want the 1.8TSI to run out of stock. I did wait to have a look at the next gen variants and I didn't like them.
1ManShow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:06   #3920
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you think that's the way to go ? Also do you think waiting for a few more months would get us more discounts ? I really don't want the 1.8TSI to run out of stock. I did wait to have a look at the next gen variants and I didn't like them.
I didn't want to pay for extended warranty just yet. 6 years is a long time and some minor upgrades may be required and then being in warranty seems like a bottleneck.

I will decide later whether I want extended warranty.

The 1.8tsi is a gem and so smooth through the revv range, not to be missed.

I do think the discounts will increase but the risk of BS6 replacement is high too and it maybe unlikely that the existing car will be sold with 2.0TSI to be again discontinued when new is launched so my guess is only 1.5TSI will stay in the interim.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:49   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
So I'm interested in trying a combined negotiation. The discount as such looks like it's more than what it is in Chennai. But TAFE Skoda quoted the same 1.25L when I called them up.
Cool - I shall check with the SA I am talking to. I am planning a test drive this weekend to make up my mind. If I like it, between Onyx and L&K, it shall boil down to the discounts. However, not sure if it works for you as you are located at Chennai?

Quote:
The dealer in Chennai suggested me to do the same too. And to insure the car with Skoda during the 3rd year so that I can avail extended warranty before the 4th year. Do you think that's the way to go ? Also do you think waiting for a few more months would get us more discounts ? I really don't want the 1.8TSI to run out of stock. I did wait to have a look at the next gen variants and I didn't like them.
I am planning for the insurance from outside & extended warranty later as well. The insurance cost is quite high as per the quote from Skoda. I hope it stays in stock for a couple of more months at the least, which I guess it would. Where exactly did you check the variant set up? Is it on the CZ website?

Quote:
Thanks! So I assume it was all cash discount of around ~1.4-1.5 L.
Old 20th November 2019, 05:36   #3922
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Thanks! So I assume it was all cash discount of around ~1.4-1.5 L.
Yes. I agreed to book the car in my first visit to showroom, if they gave me their best offer. They were only offering 50k (loyalty/corporate) + 30k dealer otherwise.

If you buy in January, you will get more discounts on 2019 make, provided they don't change lineup to BS6 by then.
Old 20th November 2019, 08:18   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I agreed to book the car in my first visit to showroom, if they gave me their best offer. They were only offering 50k (loyalty/corporate) + 30k dealer otherwise.

If you buy in January, you will get more discounts on 2019 make, provided they don't change lineup to BS6 by then.
You really think they'll be producing BS6 1.8s by January ?
Old 20th November 2019, 09:32   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all!

Just to clarify I don't own a vRS but a Style Plus, and the OEM badges (sourced from www.skodadop.com, unfortunately went out of business) were fitted well before the real vRS came along .

I dust with the Jopasu daily and wash once a week with 3M, Armor All or similar products.
Thank you for the tips.
I made a guess that its a vRS from the badging. However the rear diffuser on your car is looking similar to the one in vRS, more sporty.

Last edited by Sumesh_Jazz : 20th November 2019 at 09:36.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:33   #3925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Very doubtful considering the fact that the new one will come within 7-8 months of BS6.

The effort to convert the older one to BS6 for the sales in return might not even be worth it.

Plus internationally the 1.8TSI is already discontinued in the Octavia and the bread and butter engine will be the 1.5L TSI.

Skoda will focus more on the new 1.5L TSI in the new Octavia, Karoq as well as the new 1.0L TSI in the Rapid, Kamiq and other India 2.0 cars slated for 2021.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 15:43   #3926
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, they may just switch to 1.5TSI. 1.8 is not going to be BS VI ever IMO.

I think long back when BS VI was announced, I read skoda saying they may shift before 2019 end as they are already equipped.
Old 20th November 2019, 15:48   #3927
Senior - BHPian

If I skip extended warranty when buying the car now, is there a chance that Skoda might stop offering extended warranty by the time I am planning to buy the warranty after 3 years?

For a new car there is 40% difference in Insurance cost between Skoda in-house insurance and 3rd party insurance. Extended warranty is available only along with insurance plan.
Old 20th November 2019, 16:30   #3928

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
If I skip extended warranty when buying the car now, is there a chance that Skoda might stop offering extended warranty by the time I am planning to buy the warranty after 3 years?

For a new car there is 40% difference in Insurance cost between Skoda in-house insurance and 3rd party insurance. Extended warranty is available only along with insurance plan.
Hi Satish,

I was also in the same boat, I have opted to not go for the extended warranty. Bajaj Allianz offers a product that is pretty close to the extended warranty that Skoda gives, for about 60K if purchase within the first two years for the vehicle purchase, and will only kick in once the manufacturer's warranty has expired. This is not tied up with the normal insurance.
I am planning on waiting out for a couple of months, and try to get the warranty from Skoda itself.

Hope this helps.
Old 21st November 2019, 01:02   #3929
BHPian

Quote:
Personally don't think it's worth it. Will raise GC but increase body roll unless the new tyres have stiffer sidewalls. Instead of 60s, better to get the Michelin P4STs in stock size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Yes you are right. That was a typo. I meant 205/60/16 and I also meant P4ST
Thanks itwasntme & sud. Will check on P4ST. Was inclined towards Perfinzas based on Nikhilb's review. Anyway, still about 4-6 months away for the change.
Old 21st November 2019, 14:44   #3930
BHPian

When I switch on the head lamps of my Octavia Onyx, only the inner C of the tail LED gets lit. The outer C of the LED is not getting lit up. I am attaching a photo. Is this normal in current model of Octavia? I use to see both the inner and outer C of the tail LED lit up in other Octavia cars.

Sumesh
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20191116_1809323.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks