Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 12:09   #4051
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Any idea about discounts on the Octavia in Mumbai?

Dealer is saying only 50k corporate discount.
I am sure there would be more than one Skoda dealer in Mumbai, check with others also. You should be able to get a much better deal then the 50K corporate discount. But you will have to visit each of the dealers, on the phone they won't give much. The discounts are higher on L&K as compared to Onyx

Last edited by Timothy : 20th December 2019 at 12:11. Reason: additional comments
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 10:26   #4052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
The problem could be in the engine mounts. An issue with flywheel generally doesn't cause vibrations as such. But they can cause rattling while idling the car. Did your car have any abnormal rattle while idling?
Found the issue. A senior guy from Skoda India visited and identified the the problem. It was a faulty drive shaft. The drive shaft on RHS has slight play which makes that sound upon acceleration / deceleration. Thank you for your inputs.
Turbotechnixx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 11:50   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotechnixx View Post
Found the issue. A senior guy from Skoda India visited and identified the the problem. It was a faulty drive shaft. The drive shaft on RHS has slight play which makes that sound upon acceleration / deceleration. Thank you for your inputs.
Great it got sorted. But to have these kind of issues on a brand new car is a 'lil unnerving !
Old 21st December 2019, 22:22   #4054
BHPian

Skoda Octavia Mods

Hello Friends

I own a 2017 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI White. And since its an Ambition model, it doesn't have sun roof.

What I want my Octavia to look like :

1. Front grill chrome to be removed and replaced with a glossy Black grill.
2. Carbon fibre dipped Mirror casing
3. the fog lamp housed Plastic grill. It has turned grey due to aging. And one of the local garage experts suggested that, he got both the front grills painted glossy and that turns out really well. Also he suggested the rear plastic casing below the bumper can also be painted glossy black.

Has anybody got any of these things done for their Octavia. If so, can you share some snaps , so that I want can decide based on that.

Regards
Pramod
Old 21st December 2019, 23:29   #4055
BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I would be getting the delivery of my Octavia 1.8 TSI the coming week. I am planning to change the tyres from Goodyear Eagle NCT5 to either Michelin Primacy 4ST or Continental MC5.
Any suggestions or experiences? I understand that the Michelins shall be little more comfortable and silent, but how far behind would the Continentals be in this regard. From what I have read thus far, seems the Continental are a better in terms of steering feel, handling and braking.
Thoughts please.

Last edited by vickyP : 21st December 2019 at 23:31.
Old 21st December 2019, 23:55   #4056
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
I would be getting the delivery of my Octavia 1.8 TSI the coming week. I am planning to change the tyres from Goodyear Eagle NCT5 to either Michelin Primacy 4ST or Continental MC5.
Any suggestions or experiences? I understand that the Michelins shall be little more comfortable and silent, but how far behind would the Continentals be in this regard. From what I have read thus far, seems the Continental are a better in terms of steering feel, handling and braking.
Thoughts please.
I would recommend blindly go with P4ST. I have used both MC5 and P4ST. Having drive about 3K in my new P4ST I can confidently say P4ST is better than MC5 in terms of noise, grip & comfort. And Michelin's life is better than Conti atleast in my experience. You can check my tyre experience in this post.

Last edited by sud : 21st December 2019 at 23:56.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 07:14   #4057
BHPian

Guys, the dealership I'm in contact with says that the offers of this month can't be availed next month even if I book the vehicle this month and pay some considerable amount as advance. He says the prices may revise next month. I was quoted a discount of 1.25L on Ex-Showroom and this was the offer that was going on since October. Are there chances of the prices going up ? Now that productions have stopped and I would be effectively getting a 2019 car in 2020. Kindly Enlighten me.
Old 22nd December 2019, 08:27   #4058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
Guys, the dealership I'm in contact with says that the offers of this month can't be availed next month even if I book the vehicle this month and pay some considerable amount as advance. He says the prices may revise next month. I was quoted a discount of 1.25L on Ex-Showroom and this was the . Kindly Enlighten me.
This could be true. I was told the same by my dealer back in March. They said that the discounts will be same, but the base price from which discount is given can change if the company revise their prices.

If the production has stopped, you are bound to get a 2019 car. I don't see any other way since they are not going to re-start the production of an outgoing BS4 model.
Old 22nd December 2019, 08:34   #4059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
This could be true. I was told the same by my dealer back in March. They said that the discounts will be same, but the base price from which discount is given can change if the company revise their prices.

If the production has stopped, you are bound to get a 2019 car. I don't see any other way since they are not going to re-start the production of an outgoing BS4 model.
No brother. He was not talking about the price revision as such. He was talking about the variation in the discount amount when he was mentioning about the revision. Yes I know I'm bound to get a 2019 model. But I'm wondering if Discounts will get reduce rather than increase as this model winds down to extinction. Provided they are clearing already produced stocks.
Old 22nd December 2019, 14:17   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
l. But I'm wondering if Discounts will get reduce rather than increase as this model winds down to extinction. Provided they are clearing already produced stocks.
This may happen. My theory is that now that they have stopped production they have a fixed number of cars to sell. Also, since the news about new Octavia not having 1.8 tsi engine came out, there is a lot of interest in buying our the final few cars with that engine.

Hence, increased demand and limited supply may end up as a price increase. It's just my feeling, I could.be totally wrong about this.
Old 22nd December 2019, 15:44   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
This may happen. My theory is that now that they have stopped production they have a fixed number of cars to sell. Also, since the news about new Octavia not having 1.8 tsi engine came out, there is a lot of interest in buying our the final few cars with that engine.
In my opinion, I don't think there will be huge demand for a discontinuing model in India. Only very few enthusiasts will opt for the 1.8 TSI while the general public will go with the new model. If the dealership is telling telling the truth, then Skoda might be trying to make a hype seeing the success of Thar700. But I don't think they will succeed and might even end up offering heavy discounts in March.
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:06   #4062
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, the dealership I'm in contact with says that the offers of this month can't be availed next month even if I book the vehicle this month and pay some considerable amount as advance. He says the prices may revise next month. I was quoted a discount of 1.25L on Ex-Showroom and this was the offer that was going on since October. Are there chances of the prices going up ? Now that productions have stopped and I would be effectively getting a 2019 car in 2020. Kindly Enlighten me.
The car prices will not change nor will the dealership discounts. The only thing than can change is the current corporate discount of 50K which can possibly come down to 25K. My dealer was saying that normally the corporate discounts are not more than 25K in the first 3 months of the year, but since this is an outgoing model the company may continue with the corporate discount of 50K in Jan. also....
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:20   #4063
BHPian

Hi Gentlemen,
Need a bit of advise from the experienced Octavia owners. I have kinda really stretched my budget and have booked the L&K 1.8Tsi, as opposed to the Onyx which I was initially considering, however I am wondering if I should go for the extended warranty of 6 years which is costing an additional total of 1.35L (80K insurance + 55K extended warranty). Do you think it is worth it to go for the extended warranty, or take a chance and stick with the standard warranty of 4 years on the car and 6 years on the Gearbox. 55k is a decent amount of money, are the spare parts quite expensive for the car ? Look forward to your views. Cheers !!
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:29   #4064
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Do you think it is worth it to go for the extended warranty, or take a chance and stick with the standard warranty of 4 years on the car and 6 years on the Gearbox. 55k is a decent amount of money, are the spare parts quite expensive for the car ? Look forward to your views. Cheers !!
I think, 55k for additional 2 years, that too 5th and 6th is well worth it, but I didn't take it too as I'm told that it can always be taken before the expiry of the 4 year standard warranty.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:28   #4065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Hi Gentlemen,
Need a bit of advise from the experienced Octavia owners. I have kinda really stretched my budget and have booked the L&K 1.8Tsi, as opposed to the Onyx which I was initially considering, however I am wondering if I should go for the extended warranty of 6 years which is costing an additional total of 1.35L (80K insurance + 55K extended warranty). Do you think it is worth it to go for the extended warranty, or take a chance and stick with the standard warranty of 4 years on the car and 6 years on the Gearbox. 55k is a decent amount of money, are the spare parts quite expensive for the car ? Look forward to your views. Cheers !!
Still not convinced by the 6 year warranty on gearbox without taking the extended warranty. Yes, there are stories of goodwill warranty, but that's completely at company's discretion.
I may not buy the dealer's version of 6 yr gearbox warranty unless it's on paper. Please ask for the document of standard 4 yr warranty and read through it to check if there is a mention about 6 yr warranty on gearbox.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks