Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2019, 14:59   #4081
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post
Yes, it is 1.4 MT Style indeed.

They currently have only 1.4 Style, 1.8 Onyx and L&K in petrol.

Thanks for the info you shared. Surely helps!
I went to Skoda looking for a 1.4 Style. But I was told it is out of production and I upgraded to Onyx. Al though no regrets, not pleased with the dealer. Same dealer gave different info to different customers.
satish_appasani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 17:19   #4082
BHPian

Congrats on your car Sathish! Looks smashing !!

I have been dealing with the same Jubilee hills dealer after reading your recommendations here. They initially said Style is available, so I wanted to book in black. Then they said Style is not available anymore, so decided to upgrade to L&K for black. Next, even L&K doesn't have black anymore so planned to book Quartz Grey.

And now today got to know Grey isn't available either

BTW, they are now giving almost 75k discount on Onyx and 1.4L on L&K including Loyalty bonus.
Kray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 17:22   #4083

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I went to Skoda looking for a 1.4 Style. But I was told it is out of production and I upgraded to Onyx. Al though no regrets, not pleased with the dealer. Same dealer gave different info to different customers.
Thats the problem with having only one dealer in the state, unfortunately. I was also told that Magic Black was discontinued in the top end spec for Octavia, after booking the vehicle in October. But with the advise of members here, I did some digging around by checking with other dealers in the neighbouring states, to find out if this is indeed true, when I found out that it is not the case I immediately shot a mail to Skoda India about this issue, that the dealer is trying to hoodwink the customer.

I got an immediate reply from the dealer retracting the statement, and making the booking for Magic black, albeit causing me to loose trust in them (dealer) and causing me to give a very bad feedback after the sale has been completed.

I am hoping with the Skoda 2.0 plans Skoda will remedy this situation of having only dealership in a larger demographic/ geographic area. I believe having a competition will help in reducing such incidents.
773.raviteja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 19:00   #4084
BHPian

I recently took my car to the service center because the park assist error light showed up. I was told that the rat had cut a wire and they'll need to order the wire from the factory. I told them to inform me when the wire was available and the sercive associate agreed. He said it will take a day or two. I called after five days and there was no wire. Then finally after complaing to skoda India I got the wire two weeks after my first visit. The service associate gave me reasons like the company has stopped taking orders for parts!!

That's not where it ended. They committed same day delivery and took an extra day. When I went for taking the car I was told that not one but three wires were cut. They replaced wires and the coupler and charged me Rs. 6000 for this. I was told the old wires were kept in the boot. When I checked the boot there was nothing there. Then the service associate searched the car and did not find the old wires anywhere. He spoke to the workshop mechanic and said to me that the old wires are not there and he has to open the whole bumper and show me the wires which is a complicated process. Finally I don't know if they really replaed the wires. This is unprofessional service.
Old 24th December 2019, 21:43   #4085
BHPian

Hello All,

I have received my Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K in Magic Black today and have a good sales experience overall! A few minor hiccups earlier but overall I am more than happy. Super glad and excited!

As part of the delivery documents, I have received the Tax Invoice, User Manual, RTO tax receipt, insurance copy and the delivery note. Apart from these should there have been any other documents I am missing? I have not opted for extended warranty or the maintenance package.

Also, are there any specifics I should take care of for the run-in or generally with the 1.8 TSI? I had a Vento 1.2 TSI earlier, so do understand the basics of the DSG but any specific inputs are highly appreciated.

Finally, still contemplating the tyre change to Michelin Primacy 4ST or not. The Michelin are definitely comfortable and silent but how bad are the stock Goodyears Eagle NCT5s? Post the buy back, it is coming down to an additional cost of 21-22K.
vickyP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 22:35   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Hello All,

I have received my Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K in Magic Black today and have a good sales experience overall! A few minor hiccups earlier but overall I am more than happy. Super glad and excited!

Did you get the car delivered from Tafe Access, St. Marks Road, by any chance ? If so, I saw your car getting ready for delivery today evening .

I took delivery of my Race Blue Onyx 1.8AT on Sunday and had gone to get the number plates fixed today.

Quote:
Finally, still contemplating the tyre change to Michelin Primacy 4ST or not. The Michelin are definitely comfortable and silent but how bad are the stock Goodyears Eagle NCT5s? Post the buy back, it is coming down to an additional cost of 21-22K.
I upgraded to the Michelin P4ST today and it costed me 20K including Alignment and Balancing.
Mistakenguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 23:42   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
Did you get the car delivered from Tafe Access, St. Marks Road, by any chance ? If so, I saw your car getting ready for delivery today evening .

I took delivery of my Race Blue Onyx 1.8AT on Sunday and had gone to get the number plates fixed today.

I upgraded to the Michelin P4ST today and it costed me 20K including Alignment and Balancing.
Yes - that was my car for sure!
I took the delivery from Tafe, St.Marks Road.
Where did you get the tyres changed from and how was the experience? Also, I do believe the rider must be more comfortable but is there an immediate difference that you could feel?

And yes, wishing you all the best with your car. As I said earlier, it seems to be raining Octavias now on the forum!
vickyP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 23:51   #4088
BHPian

Quote:
Yes - that was my car for sure!
I took the delivery from Tafe, St.Marks Road.
Where did you get the tyres changed from and how was the experience? Also, I do believe the rider must be more comfortable but is there an immediate difference that you could feel?

And yes, wishing you all the best with your car. As I said earlier, it seems to be raining Octavias now on the forum!
Thank you and wish you all the best with your car as well !

I got the tyres changed from Madhus Tyre Centre in Wilson Garden. This is their latest showroom which started operations just yesterday. Very well equipped and talented and courteous staff.

To be very frank, I haven’t felt any immediate difference in the ride. Guess that will be visible tomorrow when I drive to Trivandrum
Old 25th December 2019, 01:07   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post

I am hoping with the Skoda 2.0 plans Skoda will remedy this situation of having only dealership in a larger demographic/ geographic area. I believe having a competition will help in reducing such incidents.
I really hope Skoda look at this as part of their 2.0 roadmap. Giving monopoly to one dealer in a state a recipe for bad customer experience. My SA looks to be genuine and helpful, but not sure he can do much if the dealer themselves decide to push certain colors while keeping more in-demand ones saved for next year.

Hopefully that not the case but I might also try checking with other states and write to Skoda India for color availability.
Old 25th December 2019, 15:34   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
After much pondering, I have decided to go for the White.

After a few checks with my SA about 'plant stock' availability in white alone, I have given a go ahead for white now. For a brief moment, considered a Maple Brown L&K (supposedly only other color available now in any Octavia other than the Onyx), but the Manual Transmission (and the extra 5 Lakhs+) made the decision easy.

Can anyone advise me what is the process from here? Will Skoda share the VIN details of the car allocated to me, like I was told by the SA? Strangely, the SA was asking me to make some payments ("my manager asked me to get some money from the customer") so that they can 'speed up the paperwork'. I refused pay a penny till I know the VIN and till I have seen the car physically to verify that this was fresh stock (as was promised when I agreed for 'plant stock').

The buying experience at Skoda lacks a feel good. You know the SA is bullshitting with you, and like Timothy mentioned you just take it in your stride. But I lost it for once when the SA mentioned that his manager asked him to get some money from the customer.

My current Honda City has served me loyally for a good 15 years, and the experience at Honda has been so much in contrast. I wish Civic was a better car, and/or had a MT option in Petrol.

Jittery with the purchase, but I and family are so completely sold out on Octavia. It is a leap of faith to buy from Skoda. Please wish me a good ownership experience.
Hi Sagar,
At the onset, I wish everyone on this thread Merry Christmas !
I am sure your experience with the new car will be great. White looks really elegant on the L&K and this is the colour that I have opted for on my L&K Tsi, even though I had a choice of a couple of more colours also. I took 2 TDs on the Honda Civic & same number on the Octy and the choice was obvious. The SA agent from Honda keeps messaging me every second day and the kind of discounts they are offering on the Civic VX petrol is absolutely mind boggling, obviously the sales figures are nowhere close to what the company expected ! With regard to the sales agents , they are all the same whether it is Honda or Skoda, they bullshit no end, but one just has to be well versed and take an informed decision.
I have had a Civic for 10 years and even when I bought it everyone used to rave about how powerful the car was but to be frank from day one of ownership, I always felt it was underpowered, particularly with the Air conditioning on, and the fact they are continuing with the same engine is highly disappointing.
With regard to the delivery process, Just FYI the SA shared with me today the car VIN No. and he says that I can take a look at the vehicle at their warehouse tomorrow second half as it will arrive by tom. morning only. I will then need to make the balance full payment, with delivery after registration scheduled for early Jan. Do keep us posted on your delivery journey. Cheers !

Last edited by Timothy : 25th December 2019 at 15:50. Reason: Better alignment
Timothy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 17:34   #4091

Quote:
They shared the VIN before I made any payment. My Onyx petrol is manufactured in November 2019.
Attachment 1948694
Satish, does the month on the VIN indicate Nov or is it the assembly date? Request you to confirm.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:45   #4092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Satish, does the month on the VIN indicate Nov or is it the assembly date? Request you to confirm.
The month in the VIN indicated November.
Old 26th December 2019, 20:43   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
The month in the VIN indicated November.
Where is the month of manufacture written on the car ? The model stated is 2019, thats all. Its only the protective tape covering the car which has the date mentioned which is the application date and the expiry date, which is exactly one year from the date on which it was put. So from this one can evaluate the date of manufacture / assembly. This is what I have been able to figure out, unless somebody else can shed more light....

The VIN number does not indicate the month of manufacture. You can click on the link below to get all the relevant info with regard to what the car VIN No. indicates.
https://www.autocheck.com/vehiclehis...vin-decode.jpg

I went to check the car at the dealers yard, there were a total of 5 Octavias standing which had arrived from Aurangabad since yesterday, two of them L&K & 3 Onyx in race blue colours. Skoda Suprerbs are selling like hot cakes, especially with the discounts on offer these days, and there were several of them in the dealers yard.....
Old 26th December 2019, 22:42   #4094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Where is the month of manufacture written on the car ?
Please refer to the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin

The 6th character on a Skoda is the month and the 10th character is the year.
pnvsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 22:56   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Month and year can be decoded from VIN number. Check this post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249668 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

I used this app on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.yrmn.vehicle

Last edited by satish_appasani : 26th December 2019 at 23:07.

Most Viewed