Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 15:51   #4366
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 537
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Has anyone installed a dash cam directly from Skoda dealer/ service center.
I'm also on the same boat, I have dashcam from my Vento but that wasn't with a hardwire kit. Let me know how you are going about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
Got it installed by a 3rd party called Pitstop
Can you share the google location?

Quote:
Didn't hardwire. But if I keep it plugged it records when parked also. There is a auto switch off option after 6, 12 and 24 hrs when the car is parked.
Tell me more about this, when did you get this installed and if not hardwired isn't this draining your battery? The auto switch-off option is that with the camera?

Thank you in advance
treadmark is offline  
Old 13th March 2020, 12:39   #4367
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 244
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Hello, I have a quick doubt on drive assure insurance add on from Bajaj Allianz. It comes with engine protector along with zero dep. But is engine protector in an insurance important considering I already have 6 years warranty from Skoda?
Appreciate any guidance on this.
Lambydude is offline  
Old 13th March 2020, 12:58   #4368
BHPian
 
Santosh.Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: KA-04/KA-12
Posts: 36
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I think the Engine protector component in Insurance covers the external causes to engine damage. Warranty the internal issues. But I confess that I am also very unclear on the terms and conditions. The sales guys do a great job in confusing us. If you look at the extended warranty i.e., 5th and 6th year its provided in partnership with Insurance company. Does that mean that I will need to go through Insurance route or through Skoda for any issues? I didn't get a reasonable answer from skoda on this and finally I stopped following up!
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 13:48   #4369
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Hello, I have a quick doubt on drive assure insurance add on from Bajaj Allianz. It comes with engine protector along with zero dep. But is engine protector in an insurance important considering I already have 6 years warranty from Skoda?
Appreciate any guidance on this.
It's for Waterlogging and In case Engine Seizes because of lack of engine oil or something. I have all those covers included.

Last edited by 1ManShow : 13th March 2020 at 13:49.
1ManShow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 14:22   #4370
BHPian
 
Santosh.Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: KA-04/KA-12
Posts: 36
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Can you share the google location?
Tell me more about this, .....

I availed Pitstop's doorstep service. It cost me Rs.150 as there was no hardwiring. This is the URL: https://www.getpitstop.com/

Am not really sure on the load it adds to the battery. I am making sure i unplug it when i park the car. Only once i kept it on for around 20 hours as i wasnt aware of this functionality. Since my car is brand new(< 1 year) i think the battery was strong enough to support it. The auto switch off feature is to stop the camera from recording and saving to the SD card.
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 15:25   #4371
BHPian
 
Santosh.Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: KA-04/KA-12
Posts: 36
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I wanted to share my story of cracked windshield and next steps to get it replaced. Also requesting your advise on few matters related to this.
Car: TDI 2L MT 2019 Model

Issue Faced: During one of the drives a stone hit the upper portion of my windshield causing a small chip. The chip remained as it is till i did a body wash of my car. After the wash i had parked the car and following day i see a big crack formed from this chip. The crack has kept on increasing in length. I have driven around 1200 kms and the crack is increasing by millimeters. Also i can hear some sounds coming from the windscreen. I dont want to take the risk anymore and planning to get it replaced. Windshield replacement means i need to replace the following too:
1. FASTag sticker
2. Dash Cam sticker
3. HSRP Number plate sticker
4. 3M sunfilm on the windscreen

Next steps: Inquired with TAFE Access as Vinayak Skoda is no more a authorized dealer. Since the crack is due to a stone hitting the windshield its not covered under warranty. Seems insurance will cover 100%(cashless with Bajaj Allianz). i will need to bear 2000 rs odd. There are 2 types of windshield it seems, one costing Rs.25k and the other Rs.28k. I have an appointment next week when i will have more details. I have also requested for a quote from Windshield experts and yet to receive it.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions on the best way to get this replaced.
Santosh.Kat is offline  
Old 14th March 2020, 19:19   #4372
BHPian
 
Santosh.Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: KA-04/KA-12
Posts: 36
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I have a query on insurance renewal of my Octavia.
I am in exactly the same situation as you, Insurance due on 5th May. Only difference is i am weighing my options on whether to claim insurance for a Windshield replacement and lose the 20% NCB in the renewed policy. After much analysis i think i will go with "Reliance General Insurance" buying through Coverfox. Total premium is coming to around 50k(with 20% NCB, Zero Depreciation, Engine Protector, Consumable and GST). They have Tie-up with TAFE Access Bangalore. 3rd Party will continue with Bajaj Allianz as it is for 3 years till 2022. IDV is 19L
Santosh.Kat is offline  
Old 15th March 2020, 10:12   #4373
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 244
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
I am in exactly the same situation as you, Insurance due on 5th May. Only difference is i am weighing my options on whether to claim insurance for a Windshield replacement and lose the 20% NCB in the renewed policy. After much analysis i think i will go with "Reliance General Insurance" buying through Coverfox. Total premium is coming to around 50k(with 20% NCB, Zero Depreciation, Engine Protector, Consumable and GST). They have Tie-up with TAFE Access Bangalore. 3rd Party will continue with Bajaj Allianz as it is for 3 years till 2022. IDV is 19L
I bought Bajaj Allianz for 34 k which includes drive suite economy. IDV is 17 L.
But as highlighted in the insurance thread, a doubt remains. Should I continue with Bajaj Allianz for the entire 6 years till extended warranty ends? EW is given by Skoda along with partnership from Bajaj Allianz. Will moving away from Bajaj affect the EW in any way? I hope not.
Lambydude is offline  
Old 15th March 2020, 10:28   #4374
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,041
Thanked: 4,226 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
EW is given by Skoda along with partnership from Bajaj Allianz. Will moving away from Bajaj affect the EW in any way? I hope not.
I do not have firsthand information but I think not. EW for 5+6 should be a standalone product even if bundled into your deal. For example, Skoda allows existing owners to buy the 5+6 supplement within the expiry of the 4 year standard warranty. So it HAS to be a standalone product and not linked to Bajaj Allianz for the full 6 years.

Best is to walk into your Skoda dealer, and ask them to provide in writing after consultation with Skoda India.

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th March 2020 at 10:30.
itwasntme is online now  
Old 15th March 2020, 10:32   #4375
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 244
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I do not have firsthand information but I think not. EW for 5+6 should be a standalone product even if bundled into your deal. Best is to directly ask a Skoda dealer and ask them to provide in writing after consultation with Skoda India.

For example, Skoda allows people to buy the 5+6 within the expiry of the 4 year standard warranty. So it HAS to be a standalone product and not linked to Bajaj Allianz for the full 6 years.
Servic advisor from the dealer is totally clueless about the details. He passed the query to their finance and insurance helpdesk. But the helpdesk is tied up with Bajaj Allianz and they will not suggest anything other than Bajaj Allianz. If you ask too many questions, they will do a better job of confusing you.
Lambydude is offline  
Old 15th March 2020, 11:17   #4376
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,041
Thanked: 4,226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Servic advisor from the dealer is totally clueless about the details. He passed the query to their finance and insurance helpdesk. But the helpdesk is tied up with Bajaj Allianz and they will not suggest anything other than Bajaj Allianz. If you ask too many questions, they will do a better job of confusing you.
Normal situation with Skoda :-). Definitely, multiple owners have used various service providers and also bought the EW later. So in your case logically you should be allowed to migrate too. But all is not logical I agree.


Just posted my Octavia on the TBHP Classifieds. Other plans afoot.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Octavia.html/

Last edited by vb-san : 15th March 2020 at 18:25. Reason: Posts merged as requested. Thank you!
itwasntme is online now  
Old 15th March 2020, 20:24   #4377
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Hi... my two cents.
My car is just completing its 3rd year. And as any skoda owner, I started contemplating the extended warranty seriously... very seriously! I called up Skoda customer rep of Gurudev Motors. She made it very clear I will need to renew my insurance before applying for EW. I had an extended policy with ICICI and she suggested go ahead with them as they have tie up with the dealer. Only after I sent the renewed copy from icici they agreed for extension! Though it worked out to be extremely expensive, i was forced to go with ICICI !!! All for the Warranty! The EW statement does not mention anything about insurance though!
rnair is offline  
Old 15th March 2020, 21:13   #4378
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 659
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I bought Bajaj Allianz for 34 k which includes drive suite economy. IDV is 17 L.
But as highlighted in the insurance thread, a doubt remains. Should I continue with Bajaj Allianz for the entire 6 years till extended warranty ends? EW is given by Skoda along with partnership from Bajaj Allianz. Will moving away from Bajaj affect the EW in any way? I hope not.
I don't think you have to stick with Bajaj allianz.
I am also due for renewal for the second year this month end. My insurance along with EW is currently with Reliance.

Tafe Mangalore had sent a quote from Reliance along with the renewal notice. I asked them to send quotes for other companies they have tie up with. They readily sent quotes from ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz. I hadn't specifically asked them whether I should stick with Reliance. They haven't suggested otherwise.

Reliance quote for 19.5L IDV is about 39k
ICICI Lombard for 17L is 34k
Bajaj Allianz for 17L is 30k. But ICICI Lombard and Bajaj is without Engine protector.
I plan to continue with Reliance.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th March 2020 at 00:11. Reason: k to L :)
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 12:28   #4379
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

My Onyx is few months old. Purchase the car with Insurance Policy sourced through my corporate from New India Insurance.
Unfortunately we have also had an Pedestrian related accident last month, had to replace Hood under reimbursement route. Skoda has cashless schemes with Reliance, Bajaj and ICICI.

By then, i had already purchased EW outside of Skoda Shield Program. The EW came at 56000, SGA claimed to have taken a special approval to issue the EW. Donít believe them though. Nut was helpful in doing all paper work in a day.

I took EW primarily for the DSG issues in Indian Driving conditions, hope it will be covered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Normal situation with Skoda :-). Definitely, multiple owners have used various service providers and also bought the EW later. So in your case logically you should be allowed to migrate too. But all is not logical I agree.


Just posted my Octavia on the TBHP Classifieds. Other plans afoot.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Octavia.html/
itssmano is offline  
Old 16th March 2020, 13:37   #4380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 189
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

My 1.8Tsi Octavia L&K completed 2 months yesterday, so I thought I will check the engine oil levels, as several people have highlighted the car's drinking problem, especially if the running is low. So far the engine oil levels are fine and my car has only done 500 kms. Maybe the cooler temperatures of Delhi have helped so far...
Timothy is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks