Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 20:12   #4396
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
We bought home a Black Octavia Diesel L&K two weeks back.
Cheers!
Looks gorgeous. Congrats for laying your hands on one of the few remaining pieces. Have a good time with it.
pnvsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 20:14   #4397
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Dear All Octavia owners,

Given the lock-down situation across the country, suggest any preventive measures you are taking on the car. Should I disconnect the battery to preserve it for 21 days? Anything else?
pnvsagar is offline  
Old 29th March 2020, 20:41   #4398
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 750
Thanked: 2,519 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post
Dear All Octavia owners,

Given the lock-down situation across the country, suggest any preventive measures you are taking on the car. Should I disconnect the battery to preserve it for 21 days? Anything else?
- Disconnect the battery if you can, but if you can't start the car up every 3 days and let it idle

- Don't use the handbrake to hold the wheels. Put the car in gear. If it is an automatic, place a brick or stone behind the rear wheels

- If possible, move the car around a bit to avoid flat spot buildup on the tyres
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 20:42   #4399
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,037
Thanked: 4,224 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...dos-donts.html (Long-term Parking : Do's and Don'ts)

Super interesting thread on this. Focus on the last few pages.

In my experience with my petrol Octy, 21 days is nothing. Anything more than 2 months needs some thinking.

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th March 2020 at 20:52.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 03:55   #4400
BHPian
 
Dr.Vikas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sangli
Posts: 168
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Since long I've a query, but somehow just couldn't pen it down here before.

Can anybody elaborate on the significance of the 2 holes provided (Please refer to the image attached) in Octavia TSI L&K.

Hopefully, it's for some accessory, please do give the details accordingly.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia : Official Review-img_20200404_174507__01.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline  
Old 6th April 2020, 04:19   #4401
BHPian
 
Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: KL 02
Posts: 541
Thanked: 1,320 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Can anybody elaborate on the significance of the 2 holes provided (Please refer to the image attached) in Octavia TSI L&K.

Hopefully, it's for some accessory, please do give the details accordingly.

Thanks,

Name:  m76_transport_1.e2d75641d2aa2ff2a52fa6031cd45475.fill280x280.jpg
Views: 3146
Size:  20.0 KB
These are provided to fix roof rails to attach roof racks etc to the car if needed.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd April 2020 at 14:03. Reason: image placement
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 04:50   #4402
Distinguished - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,959
Thanked: 6,488 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Can anybody elaborate on the significance of the 2 holes provided (Please refer to the image attached) in Octavia TSI L&K.

Hopefully, it's for some accessory, please do give the details accordingly.
These are guide holes provided to mount roof racks.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 20:46   #4403
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 244
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I think I lost one of my Octavia Keys. Has anyone changed their keys from Skoda? If yes, what's the cost involved?
Lambydude is offline  
Old 7th April 2020, 10:26   #4404
Senior - BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,102
Thanked: 1,377 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

When my car was at the service centre, they had lost the original key! They replaced the entire door lock set, ignition key cylinder and two brand new keys for their mistake as a goodwill gesture. Hence I did not need to pay anything.

In your case too, replacing just the key is not advisable? They need to change the lock set and key cylinder so that the old key becomes unusable if found by any miscreant.

Approximate cost of the lockset was 22K as far as I remember.

Most new car insurances cover key loss, try to get a claim?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 15:23   #4405
BHPian
 
GauravTaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Does anybody know if the Octavia Onyx is able to use Skoda Connect.

How do you connect to the WLAN, etc.?

I also have a strange issue where the 'Service' tab on MySkoda App does not work. As soon as I click it, the app closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. Not sure if anybody has faced such an issue and is there a way around it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th April 2020 at 01:28. Reason: Spacing
GauravTaneja is offline  
Old 10th April 2020, 16:56   #4406
BHPian
 
GauravTaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I noticed this mark next to the number plate a couple of days after I got delivery of the car. Initially I assumed it's just some dust, but realized fairly quickly it appears to be embedded in the paint and is not coming off.
I just took a picture and left it as an unresolved mystery till I read an article talking about paint damage on a new car while casually going through the forum. I am now wondering if this is not the result of some damage prior to delivery that was somehow covered up only to pop up a few days after delivery. Any thoughts? Should I bring this up with the dealer?
Car was delivered mid Jan.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia : Official Review-img_20200122_130459.jpg  

GauravTaneja is offline  
Old 11th April 2020, 11:59   #4407
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,037
Thanked: 4,224 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
I noticed this mark next to the number plate a couple of days after I got delivery of the car. Initially I assumed it's just some dust, but realized fairly quickly it appears to be embedded in the paint and is not coming off.
I just took a picture and left it as an unresolved mystery till I read an article talking about paint damage on a new car while casually going through the forum. I am now wondering if this is not the result of some damage prior to delivery that was somehow covered up only to pop up a few days after delivery. Any thoughts? Should I bring this up with the dealer?
Car was delivered mid Jan.
Please bring it up ASAP on email to your dealer copying Skoda if required. Take a lot pictures in differing conditions to capture the issue. Don't rub too much on your own.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 16:51   #4408
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 189
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

This thread seems to have gone quiet for a while hence I thought I will post something here.

I have been following the launch of the VW T Roc and the upcoming Skoda Karoq and there is nothing extra that the new breed of cars offer that the outgoing Skoda 1.8Tsi L&K doesn't have.

In the Octavia you get a much bigger car, a more powerful 1.8 Tsi engine plus all the features of the new models like like the super responsive 8 inch Touch Screen, Virtual Cockpit, Ambient Lighting, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto Sensing Wipers & Headlights, Powered drivers seat with memory function& full LED lights. In addition you also get a powered drivers seat, premium Canton music system and sensors on the sides for the auto park assist function. The only feature the new models have which I would have liked is the convenience of an electronic parking brake.

So the L&K model is to a large extent future proof for a while and you got all this for a bit over 25L where as the OTR price of the much smaller & less powerful Skoda Karoq could easily be in the region of 27-29 L or even more. So it did make good sense to buy the outgoing model at a discount rather than waiting for the new one.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th April 2020 at 01:28. Reason: Spacing
Timothy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 12:05   #4409
BHPian
 
fidaford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bombay
Posts: 93
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
This thread seems to have gone quiet for a while hence I thought I will post something here.
I have been following the launch of the VW T Roc and the upcoming Skoda Karoq and there is nothing extra that the new breed of cars offer that the outgoing Skoda 1.8Tsi L&K doesn't have.
In the Octavia you get a much bigger car, a more powerful 1.8 Tsi engine plus all the features of the new models like like the super responsive 8 inch Touch Screen, Virtual Cockpit, Ambient Lighting, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto Sensing Wipers & Headlights, Powered drivers seat with memory function& full LED lights. In addition you also get a powered drivers seat, premium Canton music system and sensors on the sides for the auto park assist function. The only feature the new models have which I would have liked is the convenience of an electronic parking brake. So the L&K model is to a large extent future proof for a while and you got all this for a bit over 25L where as the OTR price of the much smaller & less powerful Skoda Karoq could easily be in the region of 27-29 L or even more. So it did make good sense to buy the outgoing model at a discount rather than waiting for the new one.
Thank you so much for drawing this comparison, it just reinstates confidence in my decision to go ahead with the BS4 1.8 TSI LNK.

Also I am sure everyone knows the feeling of endless waiting till you actually get the car! Soon is not soon enough
fidaford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 13:46   #4410
BHPian
 
Lambydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KA 01, KL 11
Posts: 244
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I think I lost one of my Octavia Keys. Has anyone changed their keys from Skoda? If yes, what's the cost involved?
Update on my lost Key:

I checked with my regular service advisor and he mentioned that I will have to raise a request for new keys ( both will be replaced) and mostly the lock inside door handles will also be replaced. It will cost me approximately 10k INR. Decided to raise the request once the lock down is over.

Last weekend : my 5 year old daughter picks up something from her toy bag and handed it over to me with a strict instruction - " please don't keep your car keys in my bag"
Lambydude is offline   (5) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks