Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2020, 16:15   #4501
BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 944
Thanked: 2,171 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Seems like a great deal to me, if you are confident about authenticity of the seller, it's a great deal.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 16:21   #4502
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 25
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
If all the above information is truly genuine, then buy with eyes closed.
Hi @itwasntme, The details are genuine, verified from few places, plus the gut feeling

The seller is a young professional who travels to hills for work, very often. He doesnt prefer driving to shimla/ solan in Octavia and this leaves the car with his wife ( who doesnt know how to drive) & his toddler. So basically the car is of no use to him.

Visited their home once and checked the car thoroughly. Here is one pic I managed to click. The car looks fabulous in quartz grey, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia : Official Review-b3f0ba93e3384d2f90195721d474a94d.jpeg  

ShivWason17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 16:34   #4503
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,041
Thanked: 4,226 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Ideally IF you can, take the car to the nearest Skoda workshop and ask for a proper paid assessment. I believe they offer this service.
Concurrently, check insurance records and Vahan site for any well-hidden mishaps (very unlikely seeing car condition).

IF you cannot, get a trusted mechanic to review if the main visible welds in the engine compartment are intact and factory spec, check front and rear windshields etc are of the correct manufacturing date. Check for engine code errors and any harshness in engine sound across the rev range.

If the gut says it's good and the seller seems genuine, go for it.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 16:40   #4504
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 25
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ideally IF you can, take the car to the nearest Skoda workshop and ask for a proper paid assessment. I believe they offer this service.
Concurrently, check insurance records and Vahan site for any well-hidden mishaps (very unlikely seeing car condition).

IF you cannot, get a trusted mechanic to review if the main visible welds in the engine compartment are intact and factory spec, check front and rear windshields etc are of the correct manufacturing date. Check for engine code errors and any harshness in engine sound across the rev range.

If the gut says it's good and the seller seems genuine, go for it.

Planning to go to skoda service centre before financially committing to this completely. The loan on this car is just 4.5 lac outstanding, confirmed from the loanee bank (I am a banker myself).

Checked the basic weld points in the engine compartment myself and nothing abnormal was seen, the car was butter smooth to drive like an octavia should be, with all the sensors working as they should be.

Still, an assessment from skoda would be the best way to go.
ShivWason17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 17:26   #4505
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 189
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivWason17 View Post
Hi guys, I have an urgent inquiry. I have come across a pre-worshipped skoda octavia 1.8 tsi L&K 2019 february make and registered in april 2019. The car is in mint condition and just with a little over 10,000 km on the odo. I have checked the service history at skoda and they have confirmed that the car has just been serviced once (first free service recently) without any issues.

The owner has come down to 17.25 lac last without any further negotiation. Thanks.
Its an amazing price for a year old car !! Just go for it. I paid a bit over 25L for my 1.8Tsi L&K in Jan. this year (2019 make). Plus you have the warranty for almost 5 years. I can easily sense the excitement in your post . So just go ahead !! All the best & do post some pics !
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 17:33   #4506
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 25
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Its an amazing price for a year old car !! Just go for it. I paid a bit over 25L for my 1.8Tsi L&K in Jan. this year (2019 make). Plus you have the warranty for almost 5 years. I can easily sense the excitement in your post . So just go ahead !! All the best & do post some pics !
Hi Timothy, I will be upgrading from my humble brezza ZDI (parked in the background) which has run more than 1 lac km now, hence the excitement is warranted.

Still, Would get the car checked once to be safe. The warranty is for 4 years, the current owner did not opt for extended warranty but still Iíll have the option of doing that on my own. This is one of the plus points which I see in this deal.
ShivWason17 is offline  
Old 1st July 2020, 00:45   #4507
BHPian
 
Dr.Vikas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sangli
Posts: 168
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivWason17 View Post
pre-worshipped skoda octavia 1.8 tsi L&K 2019 february make with a little over 10,000 km on the odo without any issues.

The owner has come down to 17.25 lac, is it a good deal for the car?
Hi Shiv,
It's indeed a gr8 deal, in my opinion.
See Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K could be a dream car for many, so before someone getting his hands over it, I would say, just go for it.

I myself have got one in the same league with 26 months of ownership by another BHPian in Jan this yr. In fact, I didn't wait for any advice from our fellow members here also.

You are certainly going to have sheer luxury, comfort & most importantly, full safety (i.e. complete peace of mind) over your current steed.

The only thing you may find on negative side could be its fuel efficiency which is around 10-11 kmpl approx.
So, if you can ignore this only downer, don't wait anymore & go for it..

All the very best !

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 1st July 2020 at 01:06. Reason: Correction
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 04:54   #4508
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Hi,

My octavia 2015 model has error showing up with bypass coolant error after inspection,
the service guy(local but known guy) says the sensor is gone everything else is fine.
And the sensor costs about 11k. Its coolant bypass sensor not coolant sensor.


Any one has experience with this unit, not able to get one in bangalore. Service guy is trying since few days from various source but getting delayed.

Looking for cost review and spareparts source from where I can get ASAP.

Attachment 2020275

Looks like the problem which started as Rat entry has opened up pandora of problems to my car. I had to take the care to get it checked cos there was a
Airbag error light glowing. Service guy had to put sensor check which gave P2681 error along with rat bitten wire on roof mounted airbag.
I dont know should I thank the rat for making pre-visit the center or is it the
rat that messed up with sensors.

There were no connectors/pipes damaged for P2681 error, so the service guy thought the sensor is gone and replaced it(magnetic solenoid valve). Now the issue still remains, the temp of the engine is shooting up at 130.
The coolant flow from the radiator to the engine is blocked. He tried if its a valve but there was no issue with the valve.
He now, suspects it must be issue with thermostat cum water pump unit. Looking at the part, I feel it will cost me a bomb.
Skoda Octavia : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200701-4.50.16-am-1.jpeg

Skoda Octavia : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200701-4.50.16-am.jpeg

I am suspecting either of them(magnetic solenoid valve, or thermostat) must be faulty but not both.

What I want to know is.
1. my car is odo at 66K Km driven, what could cause these parts to damage?
2. The issue did not surface while driving long, but happened due to long parking due to current lockdown. Mine is TSI, wondering long parking should be a problem.
3. Any suggestion on the issue I am facing, if someone had experienced before.
abacusv is offline  
Old 2nd July 2020, 07:50   #4509
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mysore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I have listed the bulbs on the classifieds section, its still pending approval from mods, once its done you can buy the bulbs from there.
Here is an update about my headlights.

After I contacted adi_petrolhead to buy the OEM bulbs from him, he selflessly prompted me to reconsider buying a new set of Morimoto bulbs and I went with his suggestion. I bought a pair of Morimoto D3S bulbs for Rs.8,000 including shipping. I have installed them and am happy with the results. They are whiter than the OEM as expected with their colour temperature being 5500k, and they seem brighter than the OEM. Thanks to adi_petrolhead for all his help and guidance on this.
worldtravelbug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 09:51   #4510
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,041
Thanked: 4,226 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
What I want to know is.
1. my car is odo at 66K Km driven, what could cause these parts to damage?
2. The issue did not surface while driving long, but happened due to long parking due to current lockdown. Mine is TSI, wondering long parking should be a problem.
3. Any suggestion on the issue I am facing, if someone had experienced before.
As far as I am aware, this is a common issue in the 1.8 TSI engine, and most owners have suffered this failure with the water pump + thermostat or either. Mine was replaced under warranty as it was within the 4th year extended warranty. Unsure if the lockdown had any effect though or whether it was just coincidence.

I suggest you politely ask Skoda for a goodwill discount on the componen replacement cost. If your car has been religiously serviced at Skoda and there are no modifications which can be attributed to contribute to this failure (e.g. remaps, tuning chips etc), they should offer 25-50% off I feel. You will have to foot the labour cost in full though and any consumables.

Let us know how it goes.
itwasntme is online now  
Old 3rd July 2020, 20:36   #4511
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As far as I am aware, this is a common issue in the 1.8 TSI engine, and most owners have suffered this failure with the water pump + thermostat or either. Mine was replaced under warranty as it was within the 4th year extended warranty. Unsure if the lockdown had any effect though or whether it was just coincidence.

I suggest you politely ask Skoda for a goodwill discount on the componen replacement cost. If your car has been religiously serviced at Skoda and there are no modifications which can be attributed to contribute to this failure (e.g. remaps, tuning chips etc), they should offer 25-50% off I feel. You will have to foot the labour cost in full though and any consumables.

Let us know how it goes.
Any clue how much does it cost. Looking at size of it, should cost a bomb.
abacusv is offline  
Old 3rd July 2020, 22:44   #4512
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Hey guys, I am a new member to the forum, but have been following TEAM-BHP for more than 5 years.

I own a Skoda Octavia l&K 1.8 TSI. The car was purchased in December 2019 from Vinayak skoda and i have clocked about 7200 kms on the odo.

This morning i got an error on the MID stating low coolant level. I parked the car on the side of the road and upon checking the coolant level was way below the minimum level mark. Luckily this happened a few minutes away from my house and i drove back the car home.

I called the Tafe service centre and the guy suggested not to drive the car and rather get it towed to the workshop. I made a few calls to the Skoda helpline and the tow truck is assigned for tomorrow morning.

My concern is that its a new car and i have clocked only 7200 kms and this happens. Is this a common issue? Anyone who can help me regarding this?

Regards
Gagan
GMReddy666 is offline  
Old 3rd July 2020, 22:45   #4513
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 750
Thanked: 2,520 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Any clue how much does it cost. Looking at size of it, should cost a bomb.
Yes the thermostat housing is about 50K at the ASC if you are out of warranty. You may ask for goodwill and get 20-30 percent waived off if your car has a clean service history and has no mods whatsoever.
vishy76 is online now  
Old 7th July 2020, 09:30   #4514
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 584
Thanked: 1,214 Times
Default Skoda Octavia : Official Review

For those interested and have smartlink on their systems, download the Skoda connect app and when you use it with CarPlay, you can get these varied displays on the central screen. Shows oil temp, power, torque, g meter etc and can be customized as well. Cool party trick

Error: I am unable to upload the picture. Will try it later during the day with different modes as well.

Edit: my car is a MY17 model with navigation. I am not sure if this would work on earlier models but will work on the subsequent models for sure including the vRS.

Last edited by RohanDheman : 7th July 2020 at 09:43.
RohanDheman is offline  
Old 7th July 2020, 10:01   #4515
BHPian
 
sharktale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 373
Thanked: 717 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMReddy666 View Post
My concern is that its a new car and i have clocked only 7200 kms and this happens. Is this a common issue?
This is a fairly common issue. Check my historical posts on this thread for my exact same experience.
The thermostat housing , O Rings needs to be changed. You can ask Skoda for replacing under goodwill warranty (if warranty has expired) to get max. concession.
sharktale is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks