Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 23:09   #796
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Going by those figures, expect them to be hovering in the 60-80k range.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 06:46   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Just saw in the Vento TSI and Polo TSI threads that VW has announced extended warranty for these cars, at a very high 41K. Maybe Skoda will soon follow with extended warranty for Octavia. Guess the price of extended warranty should be even high for Octavia. How high is anybody's guess!
Sales guy in Tafe access said it will be in the range of 20 - 30k. For Laura it was 17k is what he said so for octavia it will be another 10k more. Hope it will be different rates for different variants.
Old 12th March 2014, 09:24   #798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Hope it will be different rates for different variants.
I am sure it will be that way. The high premium would be mosly for the 1.8TSI with the DQ200 7 speed DSG. Manuals and 6 speed DSG should be much cheaper. Even in case of Vento and Polo, the high cost is only for the models with the 7 speed DSG.

Any idea what is the cost of extended warranty for the Superb ( pre facelift) with 7 speed DSG vs. the one with manual or 6 speed DSG? That will give some idea.
Old 12th March 2014, 19:22   #799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Just saw in the Vento TSI and Polo TSI threads that VW has announced extended warranty for these cars, at a very high 41K. Maybe Skoda will soon follow with extended warranty for Octavia. Guess the price of extended warranty should be even high for Octavia. How high is anybody's guess!
How much is it for the Superb currently? I assume it will not go higher (for Octavia) than the Superb.
Old 12th March 2014, 20:14   #800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
How much is it for the Superb currently? I assume it will not go higher (for Octavia) than the Superb.
No idea about Superb. Maybe Superb owners who have the extended warranty can provide some info.
Old 12th March 2014, 23:02   #801
Senior - BHPian

I called the dealer today since he told me that the EW will be out by Q1-14. I was told that by this month end, they should definitely have the EW program for the Octavia but had no idea about prices.
Old 13th March 2014, 00:44   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I called the dealer today since he told me that the EW will be out by Q1-14. I was told that by this month end, they should definitely have the EW program for the Octavia but had no idea about prices.

The price that I was told by the dealer was about 20000, they had received some email from Skoda but still not officially launched.

Of course this was before the VW prices came out, about early February.
Old 13th March 2014, 11:46   #803
BHPian

I had booked a 1.8 TSI first week of Dec Jai auto Delhi and ever since then the probable delivery time has been consistently shifted forward. Talk about SKODA being consistent somewhere! As of now still the delivery is scheduled end of the month or beginning next month. I am fearing what happens if a critical part is to be sourced and the company will do this at that time.

Just a thought, is it worthwhile to consider a 2 year old 320i instead in the 20L range ?
Old 13th March 2014, 13:04   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Do you have any idea of what it is costing to do this?
The top end 2.0 TDI, with Everything which is for 23.95 OTR mumbai, is costing my cousin close to 29Lacs, with this 5 year plan and all the accessories, like the iPod cable etc...If need be I can get a copy of the break down for us here....I asked him to then wait for the facelifted Superb, I think at 29Lac OTR with the Service plan is way too much....one can easliy get a A4 in that much if I am not wrong too...

How is that possible. A friend of mine just bought a 7 series and he paid 4.5 lacs for a 4 year 80k kms comprehensive plan which covers everything including extended warranty, service costs including labor etc. I mean he doesen't have to pay anything at all now for 4 years/80k kms and he paid just this amount for it and it makes sense on a 1+crore car. How does skoda justify this package pricing?

The latest update is that i took a TD of the car finally. The salesman was good enough to get two cars to my place. A white manual ambition diesel and an elegance diesel in silver. I must say both the cars looked absolutely lovely in flesh. Took a longish TD with some friends who were also interested and had come over. We went over bad roads, good roads and an empty stretch of road that has not yet opened for traffic where we did touch 180 too and since i was sitting at the back had to ask the friend sitting infront to check the speed because i thought we were going at around a 100+. I was very very impressed with the way the car masked the speed. Couldn't hear the sunroof rattle though and the only grouse was the sunroof cover which is pretty flimsy and that the interiors were pretty dirty which was visible due to the beige interiors. The TD car had around 14k kms on the clock and the TPS was bleeping showing low air on two tyres. Even my friend was super impressed with the way the car drives and this coming from a person who has a superb, a volvo, a 525d and a 730d.

But i'm sold now on the car and asked the salesman to finalise my deal and he's promised me delivery by tomorrow since iv told him i need all the accessories thrown in plus need them to upgrade the tyres to Michelins and he said he'd check with his boss and get back to me about it else he would have given me the car in 2-3 hours itself.
This delivery i'm talking of is for a white elegance diesel which they have in stock while the other car being booked is a manual ambition diesel in white for which he's promised me delivery maximum in May if not earlier.
Hopefully then i'll have the car before Holi and after driving the car i can't wait to get it.

Driving my Laura after the TD seemed like a let down It felt so much harsher in comparison.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th March 2014 at 14:02. Reason: merging consecutive posts
Old 13th March 2014, 20:07   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The latest update is that i took a TD of the car finally.
I was very very impressed with the way the car masked the speed. Even my friend was super impressed with the way the car drives and this coming from a person who has a superb, a volvo, a 525d and a 730d.
Congratulations on booking.
Completely agree with you on its ability to mask speed, nowadays my wife asks why are you going slow when the actual speed is around 120-140kms.
Old 14th March 2014, 12:30   #806
BHPian

Just got done with the formalities. Atleast the ASS here takes interest in selling their cars. The salesman came over to my office to complete formalities and collect the payment and the delivery is scheduled for the evening. He was eager enough to tell me that he can have the car ready in 2-3 hours but due to prior commitments iv scheduled it for the evening. Looking forward to it now and wondering why I didn't ask for an earlier delivery
Old 14th March 2014, 17:04   #807
BHPian

Quote:
How is that possible. A friend of mine just bought a 7 series and he paid 4.5 lacs for a 4 year 80k kms comprehensive plan which covers everything including extended warranty, service costs including labor etc. I mean he doesen't have to pay anything at all now for 4 years/80k kms and he paid just this amount for it and it makes sense on a 1+crore car. How does skoda justify this package pricing?

The latest update is that i took a TD of the car finally. The salesman was good enough to get two cars to my place. A white manual ambition diesel and an elegance diesel in silver. I must say both the cars looked absolutely lovely in flesh. Took a longish TD with some friends who were also interested and had come over. We went over bad roads, good roads and an empty stretch of road that has not yet opened for traffic where we did touch 180 too and since i was sitting at the back had to ask the friend sitting infront to check the speed because i thought we were going at around a 100+. I was very very impressed with the way the car masked the speed. Couldn't hear the sunroof rattle though and the only grouse was the sunroof cover which is pretty flimsy and that the interiors were pretty dirty which was visible due to the beige interiors. The TD car had around 14k kms on the clock and the TPS was bleeping showing low air on two tyres. Even my friend was super impressed with the way the car drives and this coming from a person who has a superb, a volvo, a 525d and a 730d.

But i'm sold now on the car and asked the salesman to finalise my deal and he's promised me delivery by tomorrow since iv told him i need all the accessories thrown in plus need them to upgrade the tyres to Michelins and he said he'd check with his boss and get back to me about it else he would have given me the car in 2-3 hours itself.
This delivery i'm talking of is for a white elegance diesel which they have in stock while the other car being booked is a manual ambition diesel in white for which he's promised me delivery maximum in May if not earlier.
Hopefully then i'll have the car before Holi and after driving the car i can't wait to get it.

Driving my Laura after the TD seemed like a let down It felt so much harsher in comparison.
hi,
the octavia diesel has torsion beam suspensions at the rear
the laura has multilink suspension at the rear
how was the ride and handling in your test drive of the octavia, was it better than laura?
Old 15th March 2014, 01:13   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
hi,

the octavia diesel has torsion beam suspensions at the rear

the laura has multilink suspension at the rear

how was the ride and handling in your test drive of the octavia, was it better than laura?

The only difference I feel is a little noise when going over bumps. Other than that there isn't any difference in the ride and handling as such. Infact I feel it handles better than the Laura.
I took delivery in the evening today and have already driven it around 60 odd Kms since then and the list of features and the drive is just breathtaking!
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 07:56   #809
BHPian

Quote:
The only difference I feel is a little noise when going over bumps. Other than that there isn't any difference in the ride and handling as such. Infact I feel it handles better than the Laura.
I took delivery in the evening today and have already driven it around 60 odd Kms since then and the list of features and the drive is just breathtaking!
High speed stability is definitely better in torsion beam as it is a bit more stiff compared to multi link.
Old 15th March 2014, 09:07   #810
Senior - BHPian

Got an update on the Skoda Shield.

The guys at one of the showroom called me up on my query.

The Skoda Shield would be available for the Octavia before the end of March.

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 15th March 2014 at 09:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks