Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2013, 13:52   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

The 2013 Octavia is the Laura’s replacement in the D-Segment sedan space.

The Skoda Laura been officially discontinued in India with the Czech car maker taking the car off its official website.

Cheers!

http://www.cartoq.com/goodbye-skoda-laura/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 15:20   #632
BHPian

The Laura is removed from the official website too. The Fabia is still there though.

Marikar motors Cochin claims they get only around 5 Octavias per month. 4 months waiting period for the 1.8. So far, they've delivered only one 1.8 and are unaware of the ambition trim. White and black colors in demand. A silver TDI Ambition DSG available with them but no takers.
Old 27th December 2013, 15:56   #633
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura discontinued , Octavia is the new replacement

Do we really need a new thread for an information that has been doing the rounds for quite some time now?

Skoda chose to continue to sell the old Octavia along the Laura but this time they have decided to stick on with just the new Octavia. This has already been discussed and so I do not forsee much of a discussion happening here.
Old 29th December 2013, 21:35   #634
BHPian

The Times of India Zig Wheels site has a list of year end discounts on various cars. The Octavia is also listed in the Skoda section. As per this article, a corporate discount of 12,500.00 is available on the Octavia. Is this true?
Attached Images

Old 2nd January 2014, 18:29   #635

Hi! There are a lot of discussion here regarding the TSI. I'm sure a lot of people prefer the petrol model.

On the other hand I just got a Silver Elegance TDI AT in mid Dec. Is there anyone else who has the TDI? I'm getting a net average mileage of approx 15. Mostly driving on the highway, with traffic blocks sometimes. Some days it shows 17+ kmpl for the day, but over the long term sticks around 15. Have driven a little over 1100 kms. Drives great though!

Only things which were expected but missing in the package when i bought the car were the rubber foot mats and the front mug flaps. Have been promised the flaps though when they come in. Surprised how the company can deliver the car without front flaps but with rear flaps.
Old 4th January 2014, 11:34   #636

Hi Guys
I have been avid reader of the posts on team bhp and was a keen follower of Sam Yetis posts may his soul Rest in peace. This is my first post and since I am a newbie, pardon me if I have digress from the thread or whatever.
I have booked a Skodia Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance model Cappucino Beige model around the 15th Dec at Skoda Autobahn and was told that lead time for delivery would me 8weeks minimum.
I would like to know if the Cappucino Beige colour would do justice to the size and styling of the Octavia any pictures would be appreciated.
The Octavia elegance trim comes with a safety feature called crew protect which basically prepares the car for a collision by tightening all seat belts, closing all windows and the sunroof, to prevent external objects from flying into the car, however windows close to 95 % and this is to account for the pressure differentials should the airbags deploy. Once the safety management systems determines that the threat of an imminent collision has passed the car window position revert back to their positions and seat belts slacken.
I had asked the sales guy if this feature was part of the safety spec in the Indian model and he didn't have a clue, all he could tell me was what the car would do after collision that is, prefill or prime brake hydraulics and progressive breaking etc. I'd appreciate it if any of you could enlighten me.
I must add here that a lot of features on the same Octavia sold on the continent have been removed on the Indian spec, for example hands free park assist, I feel these features should have been offered on an extras as ordered by customer basis.
Old 4th January 2014, 14:42   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countache View Post
I have booked a Skodia Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance model Cappucino Beige model around the 15th Dec at Skoda Autobahn and was told that lead time for delivery would me 8weeks minimum. I would like to know if the Cappucino Beige colour would do justice to the size and styling of the Octavia any pictures would be appreciated.
I had listed cappuccino beige as one of my two color options, had seen it at JMD skoda thane. I did have a rethink though and while passing senator motors in goregaon I had a relook at the cappuccino beige that they had. It's a nice color, but very serious and grown up. For me, silver, black and blue are the three best colors for it. If I get a chance to pass by again I'll click a pic, but you can drop in at either showroom and take a look-see.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 15:00   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countache View Post

I would like to know if the Cappucino Beige colour would do justice to the size and styling of the Octavia any pictures would be appreciated.

The Octavia elegance trim comes with a safety feature called crew protect...

I must add here that a lot of features on the same Octavia sold on the continent have been removed on the Indian spec, for example hands free park assist, I feel these features should have been offered on an extras as ordered by customer basis.

The cappucino beige color does look a bit serious and grown up, and i dont think it does justice to the beauty that this car is. And black makes it look nice, but smaller in size optically. Personal opinion: the best colors this car looks good in, are Silver & White. Have a new Silver TDI, so i can vouch for that. Can't stop admiring it everyday!

A lot of features written about in the manual are missing, and people keep looking for them. There are some brilliant ones in there! I agree that they could be optionally given by the company. Maybe in the near future.
amanbatra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 13:24   #639
BHPian

Any news regarding the extended warranty? Hoping to get the car sometime next month. The dealer doesnt have any info regarding it.
Old 9th January 2014, 16:14   #640
BHPian

Looks like the reason for the delay in the Octavia deliveries are because Skoda is not simply making enough of them. According to the December car sales figures Skoda only delivered 269 Octavias in december while they sold 476 units in september, 428 in october and 300 in november. Anyone's got a clue what Skoda is up to?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-december-2013-indian-car-sales-figures-analysis-team-bhp.jpeg  

Old 9th January 2014, 16:46   #641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_navin View Post
Any news regarding the extended warranty? Hoping to get the car sometime next month. The dealer doesnt have any info regarding it.
I had received a call from Skoda a couple of weeks back and was told that they are working out the package and they will announce it in Q1 (before March). He also confirmed that this will be available to people who have already purchased the vehicle. However, I have not got any written confirmation on the same.

My suggestion would be to get a written commitment from Skoda or the dealer that even if extended warranty were not there at the time you get your vehicle, you will be allowed to buy one when it is announced. Do not take any risk on this matter.

BTW, which model have you booked? Did the dealer tell you to expect delivery next month?
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 17:02   #642
BHPian

BTW, which model have you booked? Did the dealer tell you to expect delivery next month?[/quote]

I doubt they would ever give that in writing.
The booking is for the 1.8 TSI Elegance in white. I did want the black. Looks great in the showroom when it's all clean an shiny. I saw one on the road the other day and I was disappointed. So white is!
Sometime in February is what the dealer days.
me_navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 20:59   #643
Senior - BHPian

Take a breath of relief all future O3 owners. Attached picture shows an email received by me, from head of customer relations Mukul Borkar @ Skoda India HQ Aurangabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-image3682089031.jpg  

adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 21:31   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Take a breath of relief all future O3 owners. Attached picture shows an email received by me, from head of customer relations Mukul Borkar @ Skoda India HQ Aurangabad.
Definitely a good move from Skoda, if they can take care of their service and warranty related issues then Skoda vehicle will sell like hot cakes.
Old 9th January 2014, 22:08   #645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Thanks for the update, adi_petrolhead. That is definitely a good news! Somehow, I have been unsuccessful in evoking a direct written response from Skoda

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks