Old 14th February 2014, 02:56   #706
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

is there any news of extended warranty?
Old 14th February 2014, 20:55   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
Lights e. The chaps driving down the opposite side with high beams on, now tend to dip more often.
Can you please confirm why this happens? Is it because the high beam from octavia is also "macho" enough to force them to dip where earlier you had no "ammunition" in the city?

Regards
Old 14th February 2014, 21:04   #708
BHPian

Took delivery of my Octavia TDI Ambition on Jan 30th, did couple of long drives and enjoying every bit of the awesome car. It is extremely easy to drive, powerful and superb handling, it is made for high speed cornering. As of today, total distance covered is 2400+ kms and average mileage it shows is 16.9km/l
Attaching a pic of my beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20140201_131932.jpg  

B747 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 21:10   #709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Took delivery of my Octavia TDI Ambition on Jan 30th, did couple of long drives and enjoying every bit of the awesome car. It is extremely easy to drive, powerful and superb handling, it is made for high speed cornering. As of today, total distance covered is 2400+ kms and average mileage it shows is 16.9km/l
Attaching a pic of my beauty.
Congratulations, B747. Wishing you tens of thousands of fun filled and safe miles ahead!
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 22:01   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Can you please confirm why this happens? Is it because the high beam from octavia is also "macho" enough to force them to dip where earlier you had no "ammunition" in the city?

Regards
This is just an observation Shortsell- a bit of juvenile excitement with "boys toys" perhaps. Not sure about the macho, ammunition and 'mine-is-bigger-than-his" angle. With the lights on "auto" the beams are pretty low and do not go above waist height in city driving-surely not on the face of oncoming drivers.

In the city, one sat pretty low and headlights often hit you straight in the face-especially with the oncoming vehicle on high beam.
In the Octy, you are sitting up a little bit. Maybe that keeps lights out of your face. The glare from the rear view mirrors (both interior and exterior) is markedly less and this improves comfort during night time driving.

The point I want to make is that all the above factors come together with the brilliant headlights to make night time driving less stressful than it was with the City. This as been my experience, would like to hear what others think.
docsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 11:17   #711

It's been close to a month since I booked a Octavia 1.8 TSi Ambition from Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore. I was very specific that I wanted a Car manufactured in 2014. Initially they told I would get a 2014 manufactured car in three months, but now all they do is force me to take a 2013 model which is left at their stockyard! Makes me think twice now whether to go for the Octavia or cancel my booking there and instead buy a Volkswagen Jetta CL!
Old 17th February 2014, 11:23   #712
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas.sudhish View Post
It's been close to a month since I booked a Octavia 1.8 TSi Ambition from Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore. I was very specific that I wanted a Car manufactured in 2014. Initially they told I would get a 2014 manufactured car in three months, but now all they do is force me to take a 2013 model which is left at their stockyard! Makes me think twice now whether to go for the Octavia or cancel my booking there and instead buy a Volkswagen Jetta CL!
Just negotiate a discount and take the car in their stockyard if there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:31   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Just negotiate a discount and take the car in their stockyard if there is nothing wrong with it.
But they have the car in the stock yard for almost a month. And plus what if it's a test drive Car as that is the only 1.8TSi AT that they have . That's what the SA told me!
Old 17th February 2014, 12:29   #714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But they have the car in the stock yard for almost a month. And plus what if it's a test drive Car as that is the only 1.8TSi AT that they have . That's what the SA told me!
Check the odo reading on it. Being in the stock yard for a month is fine IMO. Why don't you go check out the car, then you can see for yourself if all looks fine. If you have a doubt then avoid it, but if it looks fine ask for a discount and pick it up.
Old 17th February 2014, 13:02   #715
BHPian

Skoda still don't have the Ambition TSI listed on their website. The dealer here doesn't have any idea about it either. So if it is the Ambition TSI you are after you should check the car and ask for a discount. There is some excise duty cut announced today I believe so all the more reason to bargain.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:23   #716
BHPian

The FM has announced today reduction of excise duty by about 4%...How much is the price of the Octavia TSI AT likely to come down by approximately and when would this be applicable from ?
Old 17th February 2014, 15:57   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Skoda still don't have the Ambition TSI listed on their website. The dealer here doesn't have any idea about it either. So if it is the Ambition TSI you are after you should check the car and ask for a discount. There is some excise duty cut announced today I believe so all the more reason to bargain.
The dealers in Delhi are very much offering the same and taking bookings for them.

Quote:

Quote:
Do a thorough investigation of the car including underbody, paint and tyres(the biggest giveaways of a car being used). If you are fully satisfied, ask them for some additional benefits ( both monetary and otherwise).

A 1 month car of the stockyard is not a bad buy if offered for a discount and if unused.
Old 17th February 2014, 16:53   #718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
The FM has announced today reduction of excise duty by about 4%...How much is the price of the Octavia TSI AT likely to come down by approximately and when would this be applicable from ?
The duty on large cars will be reduced from 27% to 24%, a 3% reduction. Hopefully, this may translate to around 40 to 50k on ex showroom price if Skoda decides to pass on the benefits to customers.
Old 18th February 2014, 13:54   #719
BHPian

Hey everyone
First post here. I was looking to buy an Octavia Elegance TDI in Delhi. Does anyone know if dealers have reduced prices owing to the excise cut? Also, what delivery time frame are you getting for the Elegance/Ambition TDI AT.
Old 18th February 2014, 17:29   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
To all Octavia owners,

There seem to be number of folks who have purchased the new Octavia. But, so far we have no ownership reports at all. Can somebody post his ownership report soon? This will help a lot of potential owners like me..
Hey Abhi! I see some of the recent owners have added some reviews. I for one had added a short review in response to a question on the forum. If there is anything in detail you need to know from me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Overall the experience is great and the drive is awesome. I've run it for over 4000 kms till date and it drives like a dream. The sunroof got stuck for a second this morning, but opening and closing it twice fixed it. Probably all the dust on the highway i drive on. Otherwise no other issues yet. Have had the car for over 2 months now. 6 days a week i drive it 80+ kms on the NH8 to work and back, and have a wonderful time. Only thing is...sitting at home or in the passenger seat, my driver finds himself so free, he's threatening to quit!

I have put some pictures of my Silver Elegance TDI on the forum too. Check them out.
amanbatra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed