Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 10:14   #856
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
Does the Octavian have a boot release lever/switch inside (around the driver's seat)?
It is really very inconvenient to have to switch off the engine , remove the key and then release the boot.
Searched the manual- could not find anything.
There's no dedicated boot release switch in most euro spec cars. The boot has to be opened by the security guard at the mall but you cannot do it unless the central locking is unlocked. To unlock all doors, you need to press the button on the centre console in front of gear lever:

After this button is pressed the button on the rear boot lid will open the boot. The security guy will have to do this.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 21:15   #857
BHPian

Manu. Vid6639, Abinav,
Thanks for the info. This works. However, personally I would have preferred a dedicated button/lever. I guess, the europeans do not have to open the boots of their cars at malls/cinemas/hotels etc...
Old 24th March 2014, 21:40   #858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's no dedicated boot release switch in most euro spec cars. The boot has to be opened by the security guard at the mall but you cannot do it unless the central locking is unlocked. To unlock all doors, you need to press the button on the centre console in front of gear lever:

After this button is pressed the button on the rear boot lid will open the boot. The security guy will have to do this.
In most cses, the boot release is on the ignition key. You can press that!
Old 24th March 2014, 21:56   #859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
In most cses, the boot release is on the ignition key. You can press that!
Can you press it even when key is in ignition and engine is on? Does the button still work?

I remember in some cars the buttons on the key don't work when it's in the ignition slot.
Old 24th March 2014, 22:56   #860
Senior - BHPian

The Boot release or even the lock unlock keys dont work in my elantra when the ignition is on ( even in case of being the push-start variant)
Unsure about the octavia though but I don't think it'll work.
Old 25th March 2014, 08:50   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The Boot release or even the lock unlock keys dont work in my elantra when the ignition is on ( even in case of being the push-start variant)
Unsure about the octavia though but I don't think it'll work.
Are you saying that you can't unlock any of the car doors when ignition is on? Isn't it too difficult? Every time to open we need to switch off? In Octavia even if you lock the car from inside, still doors can be opened when you pull the inside lever but can't be opened from outside lever.

Last edited by B747 : 25th March 2014 at 08:51.
Old 25th March 2014, 09:12   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Are you saying that you can't unlock any of the car doors when ignition is on? Isn't it too difficult? Every time to open we need to switch off? In Octavia even if you lock the car from inside, still doors can be opened when you pull the inside lever but can't be opened from outside lever.
Negative. Car doors can be unlocked but not through the help of the unlock button on the keys. The unlock button near the power window mechanism still works.

Yes, i remember , locking the Skoda from inside doesnt allow one to open it from outside ( something which is not very good in case of kids)
Old 25th March 2014, 09:20   #863
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia Booking

Are the bookings for the Skoda Octavia on hold in your city?

I went for a test drive to the Coimbatore dealer and they said they do not have a test drive car and even the brochures. Reason, the are over booked.

I thought owning a Skoda was difficult, buying one seems difficult too now.

Last edited by beejay : 25th March 2014 at 09:26.
Old 25th March 2014, 09:52   #864
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia Booking

When I first saw this question .. the only line that came in my mind.

Suicides put on hold.

Sorry, just could not resist. too tempting only.
lurker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 10:03   #865
Senior - BHPian

They are very much open in Delhi, though the waiting periods being quoted here are 3-4 months. ( 12 to 16 weeks to be more precise)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 10:21   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
When I first saw this question .. the only line that came in my mind.

Suicides put on hold.

Sorry, just could not resist. too tempting only.
I know its a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
They are very much open in Delhi, though the waiting periods being quoted here are 3-4 months. ( 12 to 16 weeks to be more precise)
Thank you. The deliveries are yet to happen in Coimbatore region too.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:38   #867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Thank you. The deliveries are yet to happen in Coimbatore region too.
I had booked my Octavia 1.8tsi on 19th December 2013 in Coimbatore. Expected delivery in April. Last week I was told delivery may happen only by May or later. Just yesterday I cancelled my booking for Octavia and booked the Jetta as I felt there was no point waiting forever.
Old 25th March 2014, 14:23   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I had booked my Octavia 1.8tsi on 19th December 2013 in Coimbatore. Expected delivery in April. Last week I was told delivery may happen only by May or later. Just yesterday I cancelled my booking for Octavia and booked the Jetta as I felt there was no point waiting forever.
Well in my opinion, you have waited long enough now. It just spoils the entire experience when such delays are seen when you have the money but still cannot buy the car. I think money well spent on the Jetta. TDI or TSI? which trim and color? Soon you will be seen posting in the Jetta thread congratulations!
Old 25th March 2014, 15:39   #869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Well in my opinion, you have waited long enough now. It just spoils the entire experience when such delays are seen when you have the money but still cannot buy the car. I think money well spent on the Jetta. TDI or TSI? which trim and color? Soon you will be seen posting in the Jetta thread congratulations!
Thanks, Adi. The wait was indeed the toughest part. Even if they had guaranteed delivery in May, I could have waited. But they said even delivery in May is not guaranteed. I was so looking forward to driving the 1.8 TSi. Sigh... Maybe next time.

And yes, I am already active in the Jetta thread. Jumped ship from the Octavia club to the Jetta club But I will definitely be closely following the ownership experience of present Octavia owners.

I went for the Jetta 2.0TDI Highline DSG, as the petrol in Jetta is grossly under powered by the 1.4TSi mill and only available in the low and mid variants and no DSG. The color is platinum grey. Here is a picture of the car. During daytime, it looks lighter with a slight tinge of blue.

graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 20:22   #870
BHPian

Congratulations Graaja, Jetta is a real good car.

Sad you couldn't make it to the Octavia club, but I agree, you waited long enough.

It's Skoda's loss, if anything :(
manu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks