Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 13:34   #1546

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hello everybody!! - I bought a 1.8TSI Elegance in Mumbai last month and paid Rs. 23,152 for extended warranty to my dealer last week. Is the extended warranty charge different in different cities, as I read on this forum that some people have paid about Rs. 21000 for the same.
Old 18th March 2015, 19:50   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjain View Post
Hello everybody!! - I bought a 1.8TSI Elegance in Mumbai last month and paid Rs. 23,152 for extended warranty to my dealer last week. Is the extended warranty charge different in different cities, as I read on this forum that some people have paid about Rs. 21000 for the same.
Congrats on your TSI. Its a brilliant choice!.
Even if you have spent 23k on extended warranty, It will be a peace of mind while using the car in the long run.
streetracer_919 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 22:21   #1548

amarjain,
My dealer,Senator Motors has offered me the extended warranty for Rs. 20,606.Plan to get it this weekend.
abgpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 09:04   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgpal View Post
amarjain,
My dealer,Senator Motors has offered me the extended warranty for Rs. 20,606.Plan to get it this weekend.
Is this for the 1.8 TSI Elegance? How old is the car?
Old 19th March 2015, 14:56   #1550
BHPian

Extremely disappointed with the delay in getting my car. It was allocated on Feb 23rd and was to reach me by 20th March (tomorrow) but I get a call today from the dealer (Tafe Access, Hosur road, Bangalore) that it is yet to be manufactured!. Not sure if I should hold on to the booking or say no thank you. Very miffed at the moment. I saw 242 cars shipped in february and assumed their production was up. How silly of me.
Old 19th March 2015, 15:39   #1551
BHPian

Iv been offered extended warranty too. The amount is 19500 plus tax for diesel and 18500 for petrol. It extends warranty for 2 years and 100k Kms. Also it covers everything as the original warranty. I read the write up and it also includes skoda approved accessory supplied as OE.

This I got to know as I had visited the workshop for a general repair. My car has clocked 16700 Kms and after returning from a road trip the front side shocker has developed a crazy sound where it thumps over a big speed breaker or pothole. I thought maybe it needed some lubrication but as per feedback from workshop they aren't able to pin point the issue as of now. Still it's still early to say anything as I dropped the vehicle off in the morning and it's still noon right now.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 02:08   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Although not in India, our new Octavia Combi was delivered today. It's a 1.6TDI Elegance DSG (7-speed).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_0091.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_0093.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_0101.jpg  

StarrySky is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:15   #1553
BHPian

Another super mileage story.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150319_140217.jpg
It was a morning drive from Bangalore to Chennai and traffic was very less, no hard acceleration and never went above 120Kmph and with full AC(temp set to 23c).

Last edited by B747 : 22nd March 2015 at 09:16.
B747 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 10:55   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjain View Post
I bought a 1.8TSI Elegance in Mumbai last month and paid Rs. 23,152 for extended warranty to my dealer last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgpal View Post
Amar, ABG, and other Mumbai-based Octavia owners: looking for some advice on how to proceed with my purchase of a white 1.8tsi Elegance Zeal Octavia (ex-Mumbai, with octroi).

I got in touch with JMD Thane, Senator Goregaon, and Autobahn Prabhadevi. The first two sent me identical quotes, while I'm still waiting to hear back from Autobahn. This is what I've received from JMD and Senator:
  • ex-showroom: INR 20,47,321
  • delivery charges: INR 6,000
  • insurance: INR 80,200
  • "Drive Assure": INR 18,045 (I think this is the Bajaj Allianz zero-dep add-on)
  • extended warranty: INR 20,606
  • standard accessories: INR 8,565 (Skoda genuine recommended accessories package: body cover, front mud flaps, rubber foot mats, connecting cable for MID-iPod, smart phone holder)

So it looks like I'm getting a good deal on the extended warranty, but am probably being asked to pay too much for insurance + zero dep. Also, no discounts or freebies.

It's been more than a decade since I last bought a car in India (I was living overseas for a while), and I need some advice on car buying. Should I be looking to negotiate with the various Skoda sales teams in Mumbai and try and play them one against the other, or would that just be a waste of time? Should I be paying the sticker price, or is there scope for improvement?
Fellow Team-BHPians, please help a brother out!!
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:08   #1555
Senior - BHPian

First up, get them to knock off those delivery charges. They'll give you some spiel of how it's mandated and must be paid. If you're vociferous enough and remind them how it's been deemed illegal by the high Court, they will knock it off, albeit reluctantly.

Second, ghats insurance figure is way too high. Tell them you'll get it done from outside unless they're willing to price match whatever quote you get from a bajaj Allianz, tata Aig or whoever. They will price match it and it could knock 25-30k off your insurance straightaway.

That's my 2 cents for you.
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:43   #1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
Amar, ABG, and other Mumbai-based Octavia owners: looking for some advice on how to proceed with my purchase of a white 1.8tsi Elegance Zeal Octavia (ex-Mumbai, with octroi).

I got in touch with JMD Thane, Senator Goregaon, and Autobahn Prabhadevi. The first two sent me identical quotes, while I'm still waiting to hear back from Autobahn. This is what I've received from JMD and Senator:
  • "Drive Assure": INR 18,045 (I think this is the Bajaj Allianz zero-dep add-on)
  • standard accessories: INR 8,565 (Skoda genuine recommended accessories package: body cover, front mud flaps, rubber foot mats, connecting cable for MID-iPod, smart phone holder)

So it looks like I'm getting a good deal on the extended warranty, but am probably being asked to pay too much for insurance + zero dep. Also, no discounts or freebies.
Great choice Hawkeye - when are getting the delivery?

The price is right, except the standard accessories - you may not need the connecting cable as it is for the older generation iPod - just buy whichever accessory you need - you don't have to compulsorily buy all - I bought just the rubber foot mats and front mud flaps.

Also, you will have to pay more for the insurance as if you want extended warranty, then insurance has to be bought from the company only - the insurance cost subsidies the extended warranty. You can change to another insurance at the time of renewal. Extended warranty is a must!

Do post some pics when you get delivery!!
Old 22nd March 2015, 14:16   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post

It's been more than a decade since I last bought a car in India (I was living overseas for a while), and I need some advice on car buying. Should I be looking to negotiate with the various Skoda sales teams in Mumbai and try and play them one against the other, or would that just be a waste of time? Should I be paying the sticker price, or is there scope for improvement?

Fellow Team-BHPians, please help a brother out!!

My only observation here is that you're paying way too much for insurance, it should be max ₹65,000/- for a complete ICICI Lombard diamond plan, which includes zero dep, tyre burst claims, hydrostatic damage, and in a rare case of an unfortunate total loss accident, the claim value will include full amount of the invoice value and the amount paid for registration! That's what I got for my car when I bought it. I did not get the insurance from the dealer and refused to budge. Rest everything seems okay but you ought to save the additional ₹40k you're being charged under insurance and drive assure. Just make it a point to them that you will cancel the booking if they're forcing you to buy insurance and write an email to Skoda if needed, they will do the needful. Also they cannot deny extended warranty to any buyer no matter what insurance you have.

The rubber mats won't be great, invest in 3D mats later. Mobile phone holder is also useless if you have anything bigger than an iPhone 5. Trash bin is a Good accessory and a rubber boot mat is also good.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 17:22   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
First up, get them to knock off those delivery charges. They'll give you some spiel of how it's mandated and must be paid. If you're vociferous enough and remind them how it's been deemed illegal by the high Court, they will knock it off, albeit reluctantly.

Second, ghats insurance figure is way too high. Tell them you'll get it done from outside unless they're willing to price match whatever quote you get from a bajaj Allianz, tata Aig or whoever. They will price match it and it could knock 25-30k off your insurance straightaway.

That's my 2 cents for you.
If there a link I can refer to the high court statement deeming it illegal? m getting the delivery of my rio red 1.8 tsi this week and would like to save the 10000 logistics charges.

Just hoping for my current Laura to get sold off so I can quickly take delivery.
Old 22nd March 2015, 17:26   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
If there a link I can refer to the high court statement deeming it illegal? m getting the delivery of my rio red 1.8 tsi this week and would like to save the 10000 logistics charges.

Just hoping for my current Laura to get sold off so I can quickly take delivery.

I was wrong, it wasn't the high Court saying it's not acceptable. It's the Supreme Court that said so.

http://archive.indianexpress.com/new...arges/1007304/

http://www.gaadi.com/blog/supreme-co...from-consumers

You can take the ruling and wave it in their faces, it won't deter them. Be firm and refuse to pay it, they will relent on it eventually. ₹10000 logistics charges is daylight robbery.
Old 22nd March 2015, 21:02   #1560
BHPian

From what i remember I paid around 55k for insurance including zero dep and that too from skoda which was a bit higher than my own agent. I took it only because the salesman hinted that I would not be offered extended warranty otherwise. I just renewed the same for 42k for this year including 20percent no claim which was again higher from that of my agent who had quoted 37k.
I got all the accessories included in my deal which included the mud flaps, car cover and the media cable. The only thing they did charge me was the logistics charge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks