Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 15:14   #1996
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
so sorry to hear this! I hope this is your first and last issue with your new car.
On a side note, I was wondering why just because of a sensor, you have left your car at the A.S.S. I mean can't we just use our car till the new sensor arrive? I am asking this silly question because of the condition in which your new car might be standing at the service centre.

Regards
Shreyak
Yeah I asked them to release the car or at least park at my home till the part arrives. They are saying it might go into limp mode and any subsequent related issues I will be responsible (if the o2 sensor is gone, the fueling would work in open loop and could damage the catcon)

Last edited by motor_breathing : 6th November 2015 at 15:17. Reason: addition
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 20:21   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Yeah I asked them to release the car or at least park at my home till the part arrives. They are saying it might go into limp mode and any subsequent related issues I will be responsible (if the o2 sensor is gone, the fueling would work in open loop and could damage the catcon)
Sorry to see your new car having this issue but this is a very poor approach from your dealership. This is a brand new car which they have held up at their workshop and we all know how these people stock cars, when you spend 25 lakhs, they can atleast transport the car on a flatbed to your residence till the part arrives
Hope the car is back with you soon, this is sheer bad luck.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 08:41   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:

Thats how Skoda dealer gets in your head, making you responsible for further damage is absurd! Did you escalate the matter to MD Sudhir Rao? Have you heard from your Area GM of service and customer relations?

I suggest you take some time, go and buy a good car cover, go to the dealer and wipe off any dust your car might have collected till now, and then cover it up. That's what I did when my car went in for mechatronic replacement.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 7th November 2015 at 08:42.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 10:51   #1999
BHPian

Hi guys, different subtopic from what is currently being discussed but related to a Skoda problem that I've been facing with my Octavia 15 since the first month. It's a minor noise issue but is damn irritating since I am very OCD about rattling and humming, specially from a new car. The service Center says there is no noise, and it obviously never comes when I take it there, add the heavily congested area where the service Center is so there is too much constant noise around to hear minor car noise issues, anyway, the sound is a humming noise like a sound of clinging glasses coming from the left side rear or front shock absorbers, it comes sometimes on even roads as well, could be a bush issue. Since the service people can't fix it, thought I'd ask here for input, please tell if anyone could guess what it is and advise on what to do with it
Old 7th November 2015, 18:03   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Thats how Skoda dealer gets in your head, making you responsible for further damage is absurd! Did you escalate the matter to MD Sudhir Rao? Have you heard from your Area GM of service and customer relations?

I suggest you take some time, go and buy a good car cover, go to the dealer and wipe off any dust your car might have collected till now, and then cover it up. That's what I did when my car went in for mechatronic replacement.
With out marking a copy to the MD, no one will even read the emails we send. After some more noise today, now their commitment is that part will arrive on 25th November. Looks like they are going to import some numbers in bulk. They could have easily imported one piece with priority shipping but some what reluctant or not doing it.

Now they say I can take back the car and drive it and fix the part when it arrives. I asked them to write and give that there wont be any issues because they only mentioned follow up problems and also this could have been done 2 weeks back.

Mean while dad is looking for a car and impressed with GT TSI. I tried to dissuade him and took him to Honda for a Jazz CVT test drive. He is not impressed and telling mine is a one off issue. Every one like to think nothing is going to happen with their car!!

In the replacement car they gave, tyre warning came up and there were 4 punctures on one tire and the seat position keep on changing while driving. For example when you start the car you want to select the memory 1 and press it, it goes to that setting and after some time while driving it goes back to some default position and then back to memory one and it continues in a loop .

Thank you Skoda for making my boring life interesting with your extraordinary product and customer centric support. (SARCASAM ALERT!!)
motor_breathing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 18:22   #2001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Skoda for making my boring life interesting with your extraordinary product and customer centric support. (SARCASAM ALERT!!)
, do not even think of going for the GT TSi buddy. Volkswagen is no better when it comes to customer support. You already have a vag car, get some thing else now, it may not provide as much fun as the GT but you can rely on it. 1 Octavia in the house is enough i guess, your dad can drive it when he needs the thrill.
These guys make great cars but royally mess up when it comes to providing after sales support.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 11:45   #2002
BHPian

30K Service

My 2014 Octavia TDI elegance went for the 30k service Yesterday at Nawab motors, Noida. Attaching a copy of invoice.

The service experience at Nawab was above average, albeit nothing great. The Service Advisor was helpful, acknowledged all my requests to the maximum. I had sent my car there at 9 am in the morning through my driver. I reached there at 3pm to make a note of the work being carried out. I had requested them to sort out the sunroof rattle issue and one more noise coming from the brake light holder. I spotted them going for an internal road test to check the rattling sunroof and accompanied them. What bugged me most was the condition of my car, it was soiled with lubricant at the dashboard, door pads and near the sunroof area. I pointed it out to them and there response was "Kaam karte hue technicians ke haath lag jaate hain." I had to ignore them and asked them to get it clean. The rattle sorting out took quite a bit of time. I was not happy when they were not allowing me to enter the working area even though I didn't interfere in their work. I finally gave them space to work although took all the road tests they went on. The result was that 90% of the noise is gone and the 10% is audible only when you listen to it very carefully on rough roads without A/C or any Music. They were asking me to leave the car with them so that they could rectify it completely but my home was 80kms away and moreover, I was not comfortable leaving it in their workshop.

They had mentioned about damaged underbody which basically includes the plastic cladding that had taken a hit some time back. I had got it temporarily repaired from them at that time but some part of it is broken. I have asked them to send me an estimate of the same. Should I take an insurance claim and go ahead with this change?

Regards,
Shreyak
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_1531.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_1532.jpg  

shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 13:33   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
My
Isn't washing included in service? They have charged separately for it.
Old 9th November 2015, 17:32   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Thanks for bringing it to my notice. I'll check with my SA and get back to you.
Regards,
Shreyak.
Old 9th November 2015, 19:36   #2005
BHPian

Quote:

I had the same question when I got my Laura serviced a few weeks back. I was told that previously they would charge ~Rs 4000 for service as labor or miscellaneous. But now they have divided that into sub groups and shown the same in the receipt. I was even charged ~Rs 500 for the scan. Been too lazy to check the old bills though

But the overall service cost is more or less similar to my last few visits
Old 10th November 2015, 14:21   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with my SA. He said that the company only had divided it.

If you find anything different at your next service kindly update.

Regards,
Shreyak.
Old 14th November 2015, 09:19   #2007

I wanted to know if anyone has checked with Skoda if the Mirrorlink feature can be enabled on the earlier Octavia (2104/15 model)?
Old 14th November 2015, 13:29   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygojer View Post
I wanted to know if anyone has checked with Skoda if the Mirrorlink feature can be enabled on the earlier Octavia (2104/15 model)?

It cannot be enabled on older versions because it is hardware dependent.
Old 15th November 2015, 22:34   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Guys need your help. Off late I have been observing that every time I cross the speed of 90/100 km/hr on the Speedometer the car starts vibrating/wobbling, as if someone is giving it a good shake from the outside.
After having felt this I got the Wheel alignment of the car checked. The report of the same was perfectly fine as stated by the Person who carried it out.
The car has clocked about 6700 Kms on the ODO till date and the car is less than a year old. The wheels seems to be in a pretty good shape too, that is not much wear and tear(Just a visual inspection of the tyres done by me). I am still using the Stock tyres that were provided.
I fail to understand as to what is the problem, as the wobbling of the car does not happen under 90 km/hr.
Could you guys please advise on the above. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

Artem
Good day everyone. Please refer my above post.

After receiving suggestions/ recommendations from fellow BHPians I went and had the Wheel Balancing checked out as well.(Previously had done only the Wheel alignment). The guys at the tyre shop carried out the Wheel Balancing for all tyres and also the Wheel Alignment.

I drove the car over 90 km/hr to check if the car was still wobbling, unfortunately the balancing din't quite solve the issue.

I decided to go to the Skoda Workshop here in Pune and gave my car for the First Service, as the same was due. I informed the Service Engineer regarding the problem and he gave me the same reason and insisted that they carry out the Balancing at their workshop.( The price for wheel balancing at the service stations are ridiculous. I paid about 300 Bucks for the same at the Local Tyre chap, and here at I landed up paying 1250/-. Apparently it is a standard rate that is charged, irrespective of the number of weights added.)

Unfortunately to my dismay, when I drove the car the problem was still persistent. Took the car back to the Service Centre and informed the Service Engineer again. He was clueless and had no idea as to why this was still happening.

It is extremely dis-heartening to drive the car in the state that she is in now.

Could someone advise. Like I had mentioned earlier, the Tyres are in a good condition, alloys perfectly al right. (Done only about 8K on the ODO till date.)

Thanks,

Artem
Old 16th November 2015, 00:28   #2010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Could someone advise. Like I had mentioned earlier, the Tyres are in a good condition, alloys perfectly al right. (Done only about 8K on the ODO till date.)
You have tried out almost every thing now, did you try swapping your tyres from front to rear? Did you check the alloys carefully for a slight bend inside out? A small bend in the alloys magnifies at high speeds.

It could be a tyre defect as well, try swapping tyres from front to rear and if the problem still persists, it is either a slightly damaged alloy or some suspension component is bent/not working properly.

Most Viewed