Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 10:10   #2191
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
I know the style plus is already a fully loaded car but do you see a L&K trim coming up anytime soon ? Not sure what will it add ( may be ventilated seats, more speakers not sure).
Highly unlikely I think. There is already very little gap between the Octavia Style+ and the base variants of the new Superb. I don't think they want to upscale the Octavia even more as it will cannibalize sales of the Superb.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 13:54   #2192
BHPian

Just booked Cappuccino beige 1.8 TSI style plus. Now begins the long 1 month wait. Thanks everyone on the forum/thread for making the decision easier.
Old 21st May 2016, 19:32   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just booked Cappuccino beige 1.8 TSI style plus. Now begins the long 1 month wait. Thanks everyone on the forum/thread for making the decision easier.
Congrats! Did you have any options for selecting the interiors? Is the Zeal edition stopped now?
Old 21st May 2016, 20:44   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Congrats! Did you have any options for selecting the interiors? Is the Zeal edition stopped now?

No options , Zeal edition isn't available anymore .
sudhir3127 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:09   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, am aware there is a separate discounts thread but do post any discounts received on any of the Octavia variants here too.
Recently booked my 1.8 TSI syle plus and got a discount of 1.2L on ex-showroom. Pls note this is a VIN 16 MY16 model . Have few connects at the showroom and happy to help anyone who is interested.
Old 25th May 2016, 09:58   #2196
BHPian

Yesterday night when I tried to start my Octavia, it refused to start. For last couple of days while starting the car I had a feeling that the crank was not perfect. I have called up Road side assistance and the guy is on the way. It looks more like a battery issue. I hope it turns out to be that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 25th May 2016, 11:12   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Yesterday night when I tried to start my Octavia, it refused to start. For last couple of days while starting the car I had a feeling that the crank was not perfect. I have called up Road side assistance and the guy is on the way. It looks more like a battery issue. I hope it turns out to be that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Is the engine cracking but not firing up or the starter itself is not working?
Old 25th May 2016, 14:13   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Is the engine cracking but not firing up or the starter itself is not working?
The engine was cranking but was not firing up. Various lights on instrument panel were starting with beeps.

RSA guys visited and connected their battery for jump start. After that the car started at first attempt. I straight way drove the car to the service station. They have taken up the car and confirmed the problem with battery. I have been told that they will have to do some checking and reporting with regard to battery and by tomorrow they will complete the formalities and replace battery.
Old 25th May 2016, 21:01   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I have been told that they will have to do some checking and reporting with regard to battery and by tomorrow they will complete the formalities and replace battery.
That's typical Skoda. Meet Pratik Sharma with my reference, he might speed up the process. Just tell him 9500 Octavia, magic words make all people at Torque jump in their place.
Old 26th May 2016, 13:05   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
That's typical Skoda. Meet Pratik Sharma with my reference, he might speed up the process. Just tell him 9500 Octavia, magic words make all people at Torque jump in their place.
Hahaha.... I called up the service adviser yesterday evening and I was told that they have completed the formalities and obtained approval. Batteries which have already been ordered earlier are on the way and they will be receiving them today afternoon. So by evening my car will be ready.

In fact I referred your car to Mr. Jagdish. He was aware of your car and very appreciative of your knowledge about the car!
Old 27th May 2016, 13:22   #2201
BHPian

I have got the car back as promised

After number of battery failures reported here I have some doubts in my mind. Is the problem related to quality of battery or Indian specifications which requires higher capacity battery?

I have been keeping DRL on all the time. I was also keeping headlights in auto mode and using follow me home function which kept the headlights on for 10 seconds after getting off the car. Further in this summer heat AC has always been working hard. Are any of these reasons responsible for battery gone kaput?

When I asked the Service Adviser about this, he was sure that the battery is definitely not under powered. According to him the batteries might have come in one lot and lying ideal in the factory. They must have been used in the car manufactured after quite a few month resulting into reduced battery life. Let us see how the current battery works....
Old 28th May 2016, 13:02   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Recently booked my 1.8 TSI syle plus and got a discount of 1.2L on ex-showroom. Pls note this is a VIN 16 MY16 model . Have few connects at the showroom and happy to help anyone who is interested.
Hi Sudhir, Can I get your Email I'd? Will contact you soon
Old 28th May 2016, 18:53   #2203
BHPian

Are there any Style Plus diesel owners here?

would really appreciate their feedback. considering to pick up one on monday
Old 28th May 2016, 22:24   #2204
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Hi Sudhir, Can I get your Email I'd? Will contact you soon
If you are in Bangalore, you can check with Tafe access, hosur road as the SA told me couple of weeks back that they are offering 3 lacs discount.

Edit
: Discount is on Yeti

Last edited by Eddy : 29th May 2016 at 21:01. Reason: Added the correction
Old 29th May 2016, 00:12   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
If you are in Bangalore, you can check with Tafe access, hosur road as the SA told me couple of weeks back that they are offering 3 lacs discount.

3 Lakhs on My16 car ? I doubt if it's true even for a my15 car . If true , it's a steal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks