Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 14:56   #2341
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Took the plunge and booked the Octavia Style Plus Diesel DSG as the replacement for my Skoda Laura(stage 1).
Cheers
Rohan
Excellent choice :-) Of course I am biased being a happy owner of a TSI DSG
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 15:58   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
2. Toyota Innova 2.8Z
what didn't
- is a 4 seater with luggage in place
This is very true. Octavia has 5 seats and 590 liter boot. In case of Innova Crysta ZX, if you need to use 5 seats, then the boot size comes to around 600 liters. Just a difference of 10 liters!
Voyager-1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 08:04   #2343
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone advise? I have the Style+ with the 'Superb' steering wheel and suddenly noticed today that the right-side button panel is loose, i.e. the buttons are working fine but the black plastic covering is moving around and not snap-fitted like the left.

I tried to gently push it in to see if it snap-fits back, but could not and don't want to damage it in error. Funnily enough I never use the right side and can't figure how and when it may have worked itself loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-150221.jpg  

Old 15th September 2016, 14:46   #2344
BHPian

Quote:

2. ISOFIX child seat mounts

Mr Rohan - Whats cooking?
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 15:00   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Mr Rohan - Whats cooking?
In preparation for the future Harry boy (whenever that may be!)- and you of all people should know how important this is!

Additionally, it seems Skoda has added the navigation to Style Plus variant. Trying my best to get the model with navigation- dealer is saying that there is no discount on cars with navigation- back to the negotiation table with him!

Rohan

EDIT: CONFIRMED! getting the MY17 car with navigation!

Last edited by RohanDheman : 15th September 2016 at 15:12.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 15:14   #2346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Additionally, it seems Skoda has added the navigation to Style Plus variant. Trying my best to get the model with navigation- dealer is saying that there is no discount on cars with navigation- back to the negotiation table with him!

Rohan
Hi Rohan. I wouldn't bother with in built in car navigation in today's google maps and smart phone era. Most of these in built systems run Map my India maps which are nowhere as accurate or current as google maps. I had MMI map navigation in the Blaupunkt Philadelhia unit in my Laura and also have it in the iDrive of my X3. Rarely used in built navigation in both cars. The Octy comes with mirror link right? Just mirror google navigation from your phone and you should be set!
Old 15th September 2016, 15:17   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Hi Rohan. I wouldn't bother with in built in car navigation in today's google maps and smart phone era. Most of these in built systems run Map my India maps which are nowhere as accurate or current as google maps. I had MMI map navigation in the Blaupunkt Philadelhia unit in my Laura and also have it in the iDrive of my X3. Rarely used in built navigation in both cars. The Octy comes with mirror link right? Just mirror google navigation from your phone and you should be set!
Absolutely agree with you Santosh! I would hardly ever use this.

This would prove beneficial for the wife who has a massive tendency to get lost even on a straight road and then there is the general happiness of getting a fresh off the line latest MY car. Just small joys when buying a new car
Old 15th September 2016, 15:28   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
In preparation for the future Harry boy (whenever that may be!)- and you of all people should know how important this is!

Rohan

Is it possible to get navigation to work through a software update or any other upgrades in the models prior to September 2016?
Old 15th September 2016, 15:39   #2349
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan

Yes!! I am enjoying my ISOFIX to fix the snugride! Samaira us much safer and happier to get in the car
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 19:26   #2350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Rohan

Hey, I have a August 2015 TSi DSG. WHAT exactly is new with the MY17 lot? Interesting to hear because as far as I know, no changes were planned for the Octavia until the facelift early next year.
Old 15th September 2016, 19:41   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
Is it possible to get navigation to work through a software update or any other upgrades in the models prior to September 2016?
I don't have any information as of now- the car should be here in the next 10 days- will inspect and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, I have a August 2015 TSi DSG. WHAT exactly is new with the MY17 lot? Interesting to hear because as far as I know, no changes were planned for the Octavia until the facelift early next year.
Even i was genuinely surprised and i felt that this was a rather basic omission in an otherwise loaded car. Even while reviewing the car, Vidyut had felt that this was a silly omission. I could only find the addition of navigation on the website. Have a look and see if you find anything additional to your car

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/octavia/features

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 20:58   #2352
BHPian

Just faced this sudden problem. Please provide a solution, if possible :
My month old octavia's won't output any sound. The screen is stuck on kind of a bootloop of the Skoda logo (reminds me of Android times). If by chance, the system starts, there is no media being played and the volume bar doesn't change. If I try and fidget, it restarts into a bootloop again.
Old 16th September 2016, 13:39   #2353
Senior - BHPian

So now that VW has stopped production of the Jetta, I am looking at the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI. Called the showroom today and told that production of the Octavia has also stopped as they are updating the model with the navigation feature and production of the same will commence next month.

I have asked the sales person to give me the cost of the current model and that of the upcoming model to know what is the difference in pricing. I am sure there will be discounts on both but discounts on the outgoing model would be higher to clear stocks.

Another concerns is - has Skoda solved the mechatronic / DSG issue yet?
Old 16th September 2016, 17:02   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Just faced this sudden problem. Please provide a solution, if possible :
My month old octavia's won't output any sound. The screen is stuck on kind of a bootloop of the Skoda logo (reminds me of Android times). If by chance, the system starts, there is no media being played and the volume bar doesn't change. If I try and fidget, it restarts into a bootloop again.
I think visiting the SC I is a good idea. Software refresh/update should solve the issue I guess.
Old 18th September 2016, 10:46   #2355
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, a disquieting thought is that Skoda will soon replace the 1.8TSI with the 1.4 across the range like Audi's new A4 and VW's outgoing Jetta.

Reason is that Skoda EU has already discontinued the 1.8 TSI and replaced with either the 1.4 or the new 2.0. Once the 1.8 kits start to finish off, Skoda India will also be forced to introduce the 1.4 in the Octavia and keep the 2.0 for the Superb and CBU Octavia VRS.

Loads of EU fans are lamenting the loss of the 1.8 Octavia and am pretty sure the same fate will befall us in India.

Check out the UK Octavia and Superb brochures:
https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/br...superb2015.pdf
https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/br...re_octavia.pdf

Last edited by itwasntme : 18th September 2016 at 10:53. Reason: Brochures

Most Viewed