Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 10:29   #2371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I think the Octavia in India comes with 6.5" bolero system. When superb L&K itself is having only a 6.5" screen, any Octavia barring VRS stand no chance in getting Columbus system. At least they could have provided a sub woofer in its slot at the center of dash .

Err, I never said that it's getting a bigger screen or a new system. On the contrary I said that the brochure clearly says that the screen size for style plus and ambition plus remains at 6.5" while it reduces to 5" for ambition. The only addition to style plus is navigation.

Last edited by RohanDheman : 20th September 2016 at 10:46.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 12:27   #2372
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Err, I never said that it's getting a bigger screen or a new system. On the contrary I said that the brochure clearly says that the screen size for style plus and ambition plus remains at 6.5" while it reduces to 5" for ambition. The only addition to style plus is navigation.
Absolutely right. The 5" touch screen is actually the updated SWING audio player and was standard in the Active Trim before Skoda discontinued it last year with the introduction of only Style Plus and Ambition. Automatically, Ambition now becomes the 'Active' and hence loses out on most features. Reminds me of the Laura DSG TDI Ambition of 2011, same specs, but 15 Lacs on road compared to the 21-22 Lacs on road this time. We thought that Skoda discontinued the Active variant because there was higher demand for the top end trims, but seems now Skoda has got some kits for the Active and just want to finish stock before facelift. Expect the Active and Ambition trim to get better kit as time passes nearing the life cycle. Remember how the Laura DSG variants were upgraded to 16" alloys from the VRS and Touch screen infotainment along with steering controls and Maxidot.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:25   #2373
BHPian

Summary of the 4 years/60000 kms maintenance package:
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skoda-maintenance-package-summary.png

Detailed terms:
Skoda Maintenance Package.pdf
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:14   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Summary of the 4 years/60000 kms maintenance package:
Is this now applicable to cars purchased prior to September 1st 2016?
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:19   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
Is this now applicable to cars purchased prior to September 1st 2016?
No. It is applicable for cars purchased only after 1st Sep 2016. Apparently, the prices of all the cars have been silently hiked from 1st Sep 2016 to accommodate the 4 years Extended Warranty.
Old 24th September 2016, 21:38   #2376
BHPian

Vin has been allotted- freshly manufactured car- 11 August 2016 to be exact. And she is MY17 with navigation (have the detailed VIN decoding with me on equipment thanks to Hardeep aka newtonmetre.)

Also saw a MY17 Superb in the showroom- the screen size is 8" and top right button reads Navi- expecting the same for the Octavia except the screen size would be 6.5". The navigation is through SD card and a hardware update (some additional module). Car is in transport and should be here next week. Delivery is scheduled between 2-4 October.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 11:18   #2377
BHPian

For anyone interested to know what the 2017 kit includes, have a look at the attached sheet. This is the detailed equipment list for the car allotted to me.

Please let me know in case you spot something unique!

Once again- full credits to newtonmetre!

Rohan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda octavia 2017 TMBBJGNE2GA007409 - partslink24.pdf (134.1 KB, 1148 views)
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 09:13   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For anyone interested to know what the 2017 kit includes, have a look at the attached sheet. This is the detailed equipment list for the car allotted to me.

I see only two things that are unique probably. First is definitely a navigation unit. Now it's unsure whether it's a proper Amundsen unit or just added navigation by Kenwood.

Secondly I saw that it comes with electrically working interior boot release button. If it's there it's a big deal for those mall inspections when they just keep fiddling with the boot release button outside and sometimes you have to turn off the car and open the boot with the remote control.

Rest all seems standard like the Style Plus. Good that you opted for a TDI.
Old 28th September 2016, 10:31   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I see only two things that are unique probably. First is definitely a navigation unit. Now it's unsure whether it's a proper Amundsen unit or just added navigation by Kenwood.

Secondly I saw that it comes with electrically working interior boot release button. If it's there it's a big deal for those mall inspections when they just keep fiddling with the boot release button outside and sometimes you have to turn off the car and open the boot with the remote control.

As I checked it's Amundsen mib 2
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 11:41   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post

Electric boot release would certainly be a boon to have- i cant even remember the times i have had to turn the car off or get down to show the guards how to open the boot. The car has reached the yard and i should be inspecting her tomorrow and will confirm here about its presence.

Frankly, going in for the diesel was a no brainer for me. My cousin's Superb TSi had 3 gearbox changes and your experience hasn't been confidence inspiring either. Then all other cars at home are petrol- so we need a diesel for outstation duties and other long drives. Since the Octavia replaces my Laura DSG- it really wasn't a difficult choice.

I hope your TSi is running well now.

Rohan
Old 28th September 2016, 12:40   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Electric boot release would certainly be a boon to have- i cant even remember the times i have had to turn the car off or get down to show the guards how to open the boot. The car has reached the yard and i should be inspecting her tomorrow and will confirm here about its presence.

Frankly, going in for the diesel was a no brainer for me. My cousin's Superb TSi had 3 gearbox changes and your experience hasn't been confidence inspiring either. Then all other cars at home are petrol- so we need a diesel for outstation duties and other long drives. Since the Octavia replaces my Laura DSG- it really wasn't a difficult choice.

I hope your TSi is running well now.

Rohan
Party!!! Rohan make sure to click some pictures inside and outside. Also make sure you inspect in daylight. Tell them to remove the paint protection transport film in front of you and not before. I am sure you have the team bhp pdi checklist handy
Old 28th September 2016, 12:55   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Party!!! Rohan make sure to click some pictures inside and outside. Also make sure you inspect in daylight. Tell them to remove the paint protection transport film in front of you and not before. I am sure you have the team bhp pdi checklist handy
Absolutely brother. Will click pictures and also start an ownership thread (as soon as i figure out how to do it! ). The check list has been printed and kept in my bag and the dealership has been instructed to remove the protective film in my presence and interior plastics after i give a go ahead.

Rohan
Old 28th September 2016, 13:59   #2383
BHPian

Had a question for Octavia owners with Bi-Xenon headlights on their cars. How is the performance of the lights - high/low beams? Are they acceptable for pitch-dark highway driving? Do they inspire confidence to drive at good speeds on those deceptive roads where a pothole may come up all of a sudden?

Could someone please post pictures of the light throw and beam cutoff if possible?

PS: maybe all official reviews could now also include this aspect of the vehicle's performance - the headlights. Especially projector headlights as they have so many varieties (Halogen projectors, Xenons for low beam, bi-xenons, LED etc). I noticed that in the Creta's official review, a picture of the high/low beam spread has been included, which is great to know without having to TD the car at night.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 28th September 2016 at 14:28.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:20   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
Are they acceptable for pitch-dark highway driving? Do they inspire confidence to drive at good speeds on those deceptive roads where a pothole may come up all of a sudden?
Pitch-dark driving conditions, they are pretty good IMHO. Add the running lights and the view extends to the sides as well. However, high beam is not very much a high beam.

Things go downhill when faced with 100/90 lights on non-divided roads as the Octavia's lights are nothing to write home about, and it is best to slow down and look away from the oncoming high beams.

I did a 1 hour drive at 10 pm between Ooty and Coonoor when it was pitch dark without traffic: the experience was excellent. But when faced with oncoming traffic on a straight highway I felt the lights were meagre!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 00:02   #2385
Senior - BHPian

I find the headlights to be too underpowered for the speeds we drive at on the highways at night. So much so after I installed CR70 windshield film. Yes, in pitch dark, works okay. But my Innova with 100/90 halogen and Bosch relay is much much more confidence inspiring in similar situations. What will be a suitable upgrade for the stock bulbs? Since I am nearing three years completion, would like to give her a birthday gift.

Completed 66666 km yesterday. Car is fine, but still the error in the MFD related to gearshift lever is supposed to be dealt with. They say that the new gearbox they gave me was of the newer VIN models and the gearshift lever is old and there could be a deviation which is throwing out the error. They already changed one lever and the lever has become like new, hard and sturdy. It went a little loose over time and i could here the solenoid switch inside the steering colum click at random moments. Still the error comes and goes. Will uodate in detail once work is completed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks