Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 11:40   #2461
BHPian

Bad news regarding the above diy. It was worth a shot though. The temperature sadly went up again today though not as early as before. I did manage getting to work without stopping though.
Have spoken to the service advisor for a flatbed tomorrow to take it to their workshop and also dropped a mail to the customer care.
Let's see how it pans out.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 14:03   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Dealer in Ahmedabad is quoting 1790/- per unit for spark plugs for TSI. Can anyone check at their dealers too? Service cost calculator says 810/- per unit.
Old 24th November 2016, 13:42   #2463
Mtv
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

My 1.8 has been lying at the workshop since a month now. It is the car's second unscheduled visit within 6 months.

The issue was initially diagnosed as a fuel pump failure, but now the workshop reports an engine oil leak from the tappet cover. They also lack the tools required to open the engine and are waiting for the same to be brought in from another city. I admire the workshop's honesty and transparency about these issues, a workshop rep even updates me regularly with emails about the progress (or lack thereof) on my car.

It seems to me that Skoda as a brand is hard at work tackling ASS issues, but their products are downright unreliable.

I had a good mind to replace the car immediately once it returns from the shop, but I am unreasonably attached to it. The car is an absolute joy whenever it functions normally and in my opinion is the best all round package this side of 30 lacs. But if issues like this keep cropping up I have no choice.

Is this the worst of it or should I expect more trouble?
Old 26th November 2016, 00:21   #2464
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Some of you, rather most would want to know what does the 39,999 pack include, so here it is straight from the horse's mailbox:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda Service Care _ Dealer Communication V3.pdf (1.05 MB, 2294 views)
T-Rex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 23:44   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can anyone advise? I have the Style+ with the 'Superb' steering wheel and suddenly noticed today that the right-side button panel is loose, i.e. the buttons are working fine but the black plastic covering is moving around and not snap-fitted like the left.

I tried to gently push it in to see if it snap-fits back, but could not and don't want to damage it in error. Funnily enough I never use the right side and can't figure how and when it may have worked itself loose.
So I had a similar issue in my superb 2014. Took her to skoda and the said the warranty will cover only 50℅ part value as this is a wear and tear part. The mrp of the part is 19500 (comes in pair with left and right module). So I would have to shell out 10k plus labour which would have come to around 12k. Checked the car-equipment.com site and this was available for 127euro including shipping. Absolutely not worth spending so much on a minor issue.
I had to take out my jugaad Indian mentality so started thinking of a solution. Before that the problem is depicted below

The solution was to insert a very small piece of sponge just at the bottom of the button between the button and the chrome lining shown below

The result is 100℅ elimination of the rattle and loose feeling. The button feels plush with no loss of tactile feel and function

Last edited by newtonMeter : 26th November 2016 at 23:48.
newtonMeter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 23:18   #2466
sud
BHPian

Anyone knows what is the black mesh behind the rear view mirror for? I am planning to stick my dashcam on it. I am just wondering if it will interfere with anything.
Old 28th November 2016, 23:33   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Anyone knows what is the black mesh behind the rear view mirror for? I am planning to stick my dashcam on it. I am just wondering if it will interfere with anything.
No worries - it's just to protect from sunlight hitting the eyes while looking into the rear view mirror. I too have put my dashcam on it.
vikramk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 00:06   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
No worries - it's just to protect from sunlight hitting the eyes while looking into the rear view mirror. I too have put my dashcam on it.
Can you post some pictures of your Dash cam setup? Hardwired into the fuse box or drawing power from 12V port?
Old 29th November 2016, 07:46   #2469
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Can you post some pictures of your Dash cam setup? Hardwired into the fuse box or drawing power from 12V port?
Yes That would be helpful for me as well as I am trying to set it up. I am trying to route the wire to the 12v port.
Old 29th November 2016, 18:00   #2470
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
I realised that the 12v socket is always live even after locking the car. So connecting the camera to 12v socket is a pain as everytime you stop the car you need to pull the plug to avoid battery drain. Let me know how you have done your setup.
Old 29th November 2016, 18:37   #2471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I realised that the 12v socket is always live even after locking the car. So connecting the camera to 12v socket is a pain as everytime you stop the car you need to pull the plug to avoid battery drain. Let me know how you have done your setup.
Sud, are you sure of this? I thought apart from the hazard warning lights, ALL other electrical systems shut down after around 30 minutes EVEN if they have been kept on.
Old 29th November 2016, 18:46   #2472
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Sud, are you sure of this? I thought apart from the hazard warning lights, ALL other electrical systems shut down after around 30 minutes EVEN if they have been kept on.
Oh, I didn't wait for 30 minutes. I waited for around 10 minutes. And I checked some online forums and they also were mentioning of the same. But let me try 30 minutes and will also double check the manual once.
Old 29th November 2016, 19:05   #2473
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, I didn't wait for 30 minutes. I waited for around 10 minutes. And I checked some online forums and they also were mentioning of the same. But let me try 30 minutes and will also double check the manual once.
As per the manual, it is mentioned as "the socket also works if the ignition is switched off.". No mention of any time limit. Also didn't find any other general section for electrical cut off.

Another interesting point I noted is "The sockets can only be used for the connection of approved electrical accessories with total power consumption of upto 120 watts ...". Does this also mean that warranty would be void?
Old 29th November 2016, 20:00   #2474
sud
BHPian

Quote:
So I tried it for an hour. It is on all the time.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 17:10   #2475
BHPian

Hi guys...so this is an update of the current state of the car. It's been in the workshop for a 2-3 days now. Yesterday they informed me that the temperature issue has been sorted by cleaning of the radiator and condenser. I informed them that this would certainly not be the reason but if they're sure then they can send the car back to me. The service manager was also involved in the diagnostic since for various reasons with my service advisor i had had to call him up and complain.
Case in point : My car is in the workshop and I'm getting a call from their CR department for feed back of how my car is performing after the repair work and to please rate them positively when i get a call from skoda for feed back. I very calmly informed the lady that i wouldn't know how my car is performing since the car is still with them to which she replied sorry and hung up. They never learn though and i got the same lady calling me up again today!!!! i finally lost my cool today and informed her to update her database and she put me on hold updated her database and then apologised for the mistake.

The service advisor sends me a performa invoice for payment wherein i'm charged for a general checkup. I call him since i anyway wasn't getting any feedback regarding the issue and the call goes unanswered with no call back either. This was the issue when id sent the car on the flatbed too in which the advisor just wasn't answering his phone.

On complaining to the manager i promptly got a revert with an apology and he said the car is running fine and they could't see the temperature issue in their exhaustive test runs and have done the cleaning which will solve any issue that i might have faced. Please remember i'v mailed them and what sapped the video and pictures of the issue (right from the customer care to the manager/advisor/crm etc.) And it took them 2 days to do just the cleaning!

Anyway, they send the car for drop off and in half an hour i get a call from the advisor that sir your car has overheated just 8 kms from the workshop and we're recalling it back to the service centre!!!!
Today i get a call half hour back that sir the water pump is leaking and is the reason for the temperature issue and has been ordered. I asked him if there was a leakage then the coolant level should be low (This i know since prior to sending the car to the workshop i drove it for quite a bit with the fluctuating temperature the coolant level had consistently stayed at its optimum level) to which he replied that yes the coolant level is low.

I somehow think their analysis is wrong and this won't be the end of the issue but since the water pump has anyway been ordered and i'v been told it'll take between a week to 10 days for it to reach i'm stuck without a car. So much for a hassle -free skoda experience.
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed