Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 17:59   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

I somehow think their analysis is wrong and this won't be the end of the issue but since the water pump has anyway been ordered and i'v been told it'll take between a week to 10 days for it to reach i'm stuck without a car. So much for a hassle -free skoda experience.

See first of all, I had asked the service center whether or not it's possible to clean the radiator with high pressure water or air, to which they refused, that they never need cleaning, unless there is a coolant leak, and then it has to be replaced.

Did you check the colour of the coolant?

It is 100% the water pump failing, and it should fix the problem after replacement. Ask them to drain the entire coolant and give new coolant which costs only about 7-800₹ plus labour.

Are they charging you for water pump or it's under extended warranty?
Old 30th November 2016, 20:51   #2477
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
See first of all, I had asked the service center whether or not it's possible to clean the radiator with high pressure water or air, to which they refused, that they never need cleaning, unless there is a coolant leak, and then it has to be replaced.

Did you check the colour of the coolant?

It is 100% the water pump failing, and it should fix the problem after replacement. Ask them to drain the entire coolant and give new coolant which costs only about 7-800₹ plus labour.

Are they charging you for water pump or it's under extended warranty?
The car had just come back from a service a while back. The coolant color was the pinkish red that it always is. Even the level was perfect except that now iv been told that the level has gone down hence they've found it out to be a leak. I beg to differ though since i drove the car for a good 7-8 days prior to sending it and monitored the coolant level diligently since the temperature was fluctuating.

Nope they aren't charging for the water pump that's the only solace since its covered under extended warranty.
Old 30th November 2016, 23:27   #2478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

Nope they aren't charging for the water pump that's the only solace since its covered under extended warranty.

Best time to check the coolant level would be around 5-6 hours after your last trip, or may be even the next morning. Ask them to check and send you snaps of the level indicator.

Not necessarily a leak, but it might be the case that coolant isn't circulating fully because of the water pump being stuck. A 'leak' has to go somewhere?? On the floor, in the engine bay, anywhere else. Even if it was a minor leak it would have drained fully by now is what I feel. A visit from yourself is a must, even though the service advisor is a task to deal with, do it for your long term benefit with the vehicle.
Old 30th November 2016, 23:53   #2479
BHPian

The head unit of my Octavia TSI has suddenly stopped working. Will have to visit to the service centre tomorrow . It's a 4 month old car with 2500kms on odo.
Old 1st December 2016, 15:14   #2480
BHPian

My Superb has started behaving rather odd lately.First the memory function of the seats went kaput and since then the driver side seat started moving on its own that too when I was driving on a National Highway.
I had a conversation with the dealer and he has diagnosed a "faulty memory switch " and has quoted ₹3500 for the part.
Anybody with a similar experience?
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 21:18   #2481
BHPian

The Car is back now and the water pump has been changed under warranty. The issue has been resolved as of now the cars been driven around a 100 odd Kms with the temperature being stable. Also read online and I guess the temperature issue isn't a one off thing and the water pump is the culprit...
Skoda as a company though is pretty stingy... water pump changed under warranty though coolant loss due to issue ain't covered under warranty and is charged lol
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 16:22   #2482
BHPian

Good evening everyone. Need some help!

I recently damaged the selector knob(Right hand side one(as highlighted in the image) on the steering wheel of my Octavia. The knob seems to have cracked and am therefore unable to use it.

Is there anyway to replace only the selector knob? As in only getting the small knob replaced? I had a word with my dealer and he told me that the part comes as a whole assembly(for both the left and the right, along with the other controls), the price of which is 17950/-. Paying an amount like this for the replacement of a small knob doesn't quite make sense, considering I could go in for another steering wheel by paying an additional 10~20K (A steering wheel with paddle shifters).

Can someone please advise! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-auoctrssteeringwheel_v002.jpg  

Old 9th December 2016, 16:50   #2483
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately the dealer is right. Generally the left and right steering controls come as a set, and you will have to replace the full thing. Maybe its time to upgrade to a better wheel with paddles are you mentioned?

You can check for these parts on ebay, etc which may be cheaper than Skoda India. But then again that is a risk as you never know whether the part will work or whether it is the correct part.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 02:52   #2484
BHPian

Hi all. Have been looking for a nice upgrade and narrowed it down to Octy TDi DSG Style Plus / New Elantra CRDi SXO AT. Test drove both and found Elantra a little dull to drive in comparison, also the interiors are too dark for my liking. So mostly its the Octy. Staying away from 1.8 TSi due to the negative reviews on gearbox reliability, although the cost difference is considerable. Also, I plan to use this car as a long-termer and mostly for long-distance highway drives, as for city use I have my no-nonsense beaters. Now, considering the current overall slack in the market, what is the realistic bargain I should try and extract? The quoted OTR is about 26.8L Outside/PCMC limits. Drive Assure Elite + Skoda Maintenance Package extra, which comes to another 82K. Also the Drive Assure doesn't say anything about the DSG box. The sales rep has mentioned for now that he will work out the "best" deal. Any advice guys? Finalising this soon.
Old 11th December 2016, 12:08   #2485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Good evening everyone. Need some help!

I recently damaged the selector knob(Right hand side one(as highlighted in the image) on the steering wheel of my Octavia. The knob seems to have cracked and am therefore unable to use it.
Can someone please advise! Thanks
Artem, myself and NewtonMeter seem to have variants of the same issue, and all requiring a major expense! We are lucky that the knob is working and only the black plastic base panel is loose.

My vehicle is going for its first service this month and I will check for warranty coverage if at all possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4099755
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4056367

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th December 2016 at 12:14. Reason: URL
Old 11th December 2016, 15:24   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Artem, myself and NewtonMeter seem to have variants of the same issue, and all requiring a major expense! We are lucky that the knob is working and only the black plastic base panel is loose.

My vehicle is going for its first service this month and I will check for warranty coverage if at all possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4099755
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4056367
Hello itwasntme! Thanks for the post. Yes i completely agree with what you have mentioned, i personally feel it is not worth the price, but again, can't use a broken knob on the wheel. The selector knob is pretty handy for changing the display and switching between various data screens. Mine is however cracked and broken and therefore completely unusable. Considering the part shall cost me a substantial amount, I was thinking of upgrading the steering to a one with paddle shifts.

Members who have installed the MFSW with paddles in their Octy's, can you all please suggest dealers/ stores from where to procure the same. Thank you.
Old 12th December 2016, 01:49   #2487
BHPian

Guys can any one tell me how can I get my octy's infotainment system installed with sat nav as the updated octy comes with, if at all it is possible??
Old 12th December 2016, 10:39   #2488
YCJ
BHPian

Is the new Ambition Plus variant available with the 1.4 t Tsi as well?
If so that will make it much better equipped version than the spartan Ambition variant!
A close friend is looking to pick up the Octavia but he was able to see only the Diesel Ambition Plus variant, no clue about the 1.4 Tsi Ambition Plus.

Last edited by YCJ : 12th December 2016 at 10:41.
Old 12th December 2016, 11:59   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Guys can any one tell me how can I get my octy's infotainment system installed with sat nav as the updated octy comes with, if at all it is possible??

Not possible to change with the new factory system. The new system has a hardware update including a dedicated slot for the SD card and a shark fin antenna for GPS reception and navigation in the mid as well. Try contacting Vagtune- I am sure they would have something available.
Old 12th December 2016, 13:01   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
Is the new Ambition Plus variant available with the 1.4 t Tsi as well?
If so that will make it much better equipped version than the spartan Ambition variant!
A close friend is looking to pick up the Octavia but he was able to see only the Diesel Ambition Plus variant, no clue about the 1.4 Tsi Ambition Plus.
Hi. Ambition Plus is available with 1.8 TSi AT. Also this variant doesn't seem to come with AFS headlights and LED DRLs now, although it says on the website that it does. The display car at the showroom didn't seem to have these, which the SA also mentioned. What deal was your friend offered?

Most Viewed