Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 13:07   #2536
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Exide the original brand is owned by Exide International. Exide of India used to be a JV with EI & bought out the brand w.r.t. the local markets only.

Exide International products can be found under the bonnets of a lot of vehicles coming to India as CKD, CBU etc. Replacements available at the service centres though may not be the same and could be any other brand approved by O.E.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
Even the Exide battery is not the Indian Exide, it is an imported one, atleast it was so in my case.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 15:32   #2537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I've replaced the OE battery on my Octavia with an aftermarket one at the local Exide dealer a year or so back. It was a straight forward swap. Disconnected the old battery and fixed the new one. No errors showed up.
Tough luck for me I guess, the battery change and the malfunctions co-incided.
Old 8th January 2017, 13:31   #2538

Hi All, have booked a 1.8 TSI Style Plus. Wanted to check if the dealer TAFE Access Bangalore has painted the alloys black for anyone in the past. Else is there anybody in Bangalore where I can get it done?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 9th January 2017 at 20:05. Reason: TSI
Old 9th January 2017, 10:10   #2539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Hi All, have booked a 1.8 TDI Style Plus. Wanted to check if the dealer TAFE Access Bangalore has painted the alloys black for anyone in the past. Else is there anybody in Bangalore where I can get it done?
Dealer workshops (especially VAG) will not do such modifications very easily and that too on a brand-new car.

Search the Modifications section on TBHP and look for your BLR options. You can even Plasti-Dip your alloys just in case you want to change the colour again later :-)

What colour are you buying?
Old 9th January 2017, 11:38   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Hi All, have booked a 1.8 TDI Style Plus. Wanted to check if the dealer TAFE Access Bangalore has painted the alloys black for anyone in the past. Else is there anybody in Bangalore where I can get it done?
TAFE Hosur Road Has a TDI Style Plus TD Car with Black Wheels. AFAIK SA Mentioned That They charge around 10-11k for Black Paint
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 12:19   #2541

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Dealer workshops (especially VAG) will not do such modifications very easily and that too on a brand-new car.

Search the Modifications section on TBHP and look for your BLR options. You can even Plasti-Dip your alloys just in case you want to change the colour again later :-)

What colour are you buying?
White.

Did read about Pasti-Dip but wasn't very sure.
In case painting isn't an option will consider.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 9th January 2017 at 20:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 11th January 2017, 14:53   #2542
BHPian

I am suddenly facing this weird issue with my Octavia Style Plus 1.8 TSI.
Whenever, i switch on the car, i get this error in my HU of "Component Theft Protection".
Even after ignition, the error doesn't go away, and has locked the working of the HU, including the rear parking sensors and camera, extremely essential for our parking use.
Have contacted the service rep of the car, and sent him the issue and similar pictures. He said, that the issue has been raised with Skoda, but no response has been received yet.

PS : I do not think, the car was subject to any theft activity, as it was minimally used in the past week, when the error occured.

Request the able guidance and assistance of all. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20170111-10.42.08-am.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-whatsapp-image-20170111-10.42.21-am.jpeg  

Old 12th January 2017, 11:10   #2543
Distinguished - BHPian

Any chance of rats or other pests damaging any wires? Is the battery in perfect condition?

Asking as the car was unused for a week.
Old 13th January 2017, 16:13   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any chance of rats or other pests damaging any wires? Is the battery in perfect condition?

Asking as the car was unused for a week.
So, what happened today was that, the entire car stopped functioning i.e. doors won't open, and when opened through manual key, it showed no signs of life. Opened the bonnet next to find small rat droppings around the engine area (as informed by my driverji). Immediately called roadside assistance, and the car has been taken to the workshop for correction. Will update on the issue for future benefit.

So, I guess, this is a rodent problem, but it shall be the first of its kind in our building. Is there any anti-rodent treatment for Skoda available? I guess Maruti has something similar. Or will an underbody protection suffice for minimizing further damage.

EDIT : Turns out it was a rodent issue. A couple of the wires had been cut, which have been replaced at the Skoda Service Centre. Car running in ever-so-fresh condition again. I am overall satisfied with the level of response by the Skoda people until now.

Last edited by sharktale : 13th January 2017 at 16:41. Reason: Information update
Old 13th January 2017, 19:35   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Is there any anti-rodent treatment for Skoda available? I guess Maruti has something similar. Or will an underbody protection suffice for minimizing further damage.
Only anti rodent treatment that seems to work is Autoguard spray by Autoshine. Procure it and spray in engine bay. Hopefully rats wont visit your place.

Link.

On top of that you can add a sound emitter which drives rats away.

Link.

Lastly on top of the above two, get PCI to do pest control in your building.

Do the above three and you will definitely tackle the rat menace.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 20:29   #2546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Request the able guidance and assistance of all. Thanks in advance.
Had you or perhaps any kid pressed several buttons on the HU together? There is one such feature in probably most of the modern car's these days, Which disables (Blocks) the HU once the car leaves the factory and then is again unlocked when it reaches the service centre before being delivered to the customer, AFAIK its a small glitch and should be fixed promptly, Why don't you down the car to the service centre?
Old 15th January 2017, 12:35   #2547

Just a small query, is the HSRP affixed using normal philips screws or is it snap locked into place using special tools? In my car it's been affixed using normal screws which I feel defeats the very purpose of the HSRP. Appreciate any inputs.
Old 15th January 2017, 13:49   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polestar2016 View Post
Just a small query, is the HSRP affixed using normal philips screws or is it snap locked into place using special tools? In my car it's been affixed using normal screws which I feel defeats the very purpose of the HSRP. Appreciate any inputs.
You re right, it should not have been fixed with screws, it defeats the purpose.
In all our cars it has been done with rivvets which cannot be removed or unscrewed.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 14:08   #2549

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
You re right, it should not have been fixed with screws, it defeats the purpose.
In all our cars it has been done with rivvets which cannot be removed or unscrewed.
My mistake, I was referring to my Octavia specifically. Has anyone faced issues regarding fixing the HSRP ?
Old 15th January 2017, 15:55   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polestar2016 View Post
My mistake, I was referring to my Octavia specifically. Has anyone faced issues regarding fixing the HSRP ?
Was the plate installed at Dealer itself? If yes, ask them why they used screws. Did they paste a sticker on the front windshield with the registration details.

If the plate was installed at a 3rd party, check with them and ask why they used screws.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks