Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 19:54   #2566
Senior - BHPian

If you had a 'floaty' feeling, it could be mostly because of bad tyre pressure too. If pressure was too high, and due to high speed, more heat being generated, side wall becomes taller than usual causing bouncy feel from the car. I maintain 32 psi, but I have the upgraded 225/50 tyres. For stock tyres you'll find the sweet spot between 31-32 psi but do it at a reputed place with a good compressor.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 17:13   #2567
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hey guys,

Been reading this thread keenly for a while now and I am planning to get a 1.8 TSI AT Style Plus as my next car. Unfortunately my nearly 3 year old Vento TDI Highline MT was involved in an accident with me behind the wheel. By God's grace, nothing happened to any of the passengers of my car nor to the passengers of the other car. I bought a German car in the first place because of the superior build, handling and most of all because it felt like I was in control. The accident has only re-assured me of German quality and I feel that I should be getting only a German car. My old car has been totalled and I currently don't have a car and I can't wait till the insurance comes through.

I love MT however I just recently got married and my wife is used to an auto setup. So, I was thinking of getting the 1.8 TSI where both of us would have a win win situation. Yet to take a test drive as I am not in the country at the moment but would be heading to a showroom as soon as I am back.

I see that there are some offers for the Octavia currently with a free 4 year package on maintenance, road side assistance and warranty. What exactly does maintenance mean in this case?

Also, been hearing bad stories about the service over here but my friend who has a Laura says that it isn't as bad as it seems. So I am slightly confused about that.

Also, has the DSG DQ200 become more reliable now after Skoda limited the torque figure to 250NM? I plan on using it for a long time and I need something that will last for the duration.

Thanks

Sandeep
Old 18th January 2017, 18:54   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
Hey guys,

I see that there are some offers for the Octavia currently with a free 4 year package on maintenance, road side assistance and warranty. What exactly does maintenance mean in this case?
Here maintenance refers to the four periodic services (replacement of required fluid/ filters, associated labour charges and any other parts/service as per prescribed service schedules). On an Octavia 1.8TSI, over a period of four years (assuming 60,000KM or less in the same period), these periodic service charges will come to 50k atleast.

If I am not mistaken, wear and tear parts like your suspension bushes or brake pads/rotors, wiper blades etc are not covered under the maintenance plan. For other mechanical / electronic components, you would be covered under the four year warranty plan that is now standard will all new Skodas.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 14:36   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Here maintenance refers to the four periodic services (replacement of required fluid/ filters, associated labour charges and any other parts/service as per prescribed service schedules). On an Octavia 1.8TSI, over a period of four years (assuming 60,000KM or less in the same period), these periodic service charges will come to 50k atleast.

If I am not mistaken, wear and tear parts like your suspension bushes or brake pads/rotors, wiper blades etc are not covered under the maintenance plan. For other mechanical / electronic components, you would be covered under the four year warranty plan that is now standard will all new Skodas.
Thank you for the confirmation. Seems like its worth it. I think it makes good sense to get the package then. I am reading some reports that say that its actually 39k for the package while others say that its free since there is some January offer. If so, will aim to get it by the end of the month. However, not sure about the availability of units and the colours. Will check with the dealers once I am back.

Leaning towards White or Black. The former due to the contrasting roofline with the black sunroof glass.
Old 20th January 2017, 00:13   #2570
BHPian

Im due to receive my 1.8TSI Ambition Plus later next week (apparently Mumbai RTO is still grappling with coming to terms with their new online systems). The only colors available are White, Silver and Beige. Others are discontinued. Probably getting rid of the kits till the facelift is launched sometime later this year. My guess is it should be pre Diwali.
avi_hi_im is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 00:39   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_hi_im View Post
Im due to receive my 1.8TSI Ambition Plus later next week (apparently Mumbai RTO is still grappling with coming to terms with their new online systems). The only colors available are White, Silver and Beige. Others are discontinued. Probably getting rid of the kits till the facelift is launched sometime later this year. My guess is it should be pre Diwali.
Oh is it?! I hope the waiting time isn't too long as I need a car for daily commute. Don't want to spend too much on getting a rent a car either. I guess the kits will be more or less same in Bangalore too. However I am looking at the Style Plus 1.8 TSI. When did you place your order btw?
Old 20th January 2017, 00:57   #2572
BHPian

A couple weeks back. Shouldnt be too different in Bangalore. Maybe they have an older MY16 in one of the other three colors. In which case discounts could be higher. But I was told that these cars are largely made to order so doubt if they have an inventory. Perhaps itll be worth a phone call.
avi_hi_im is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 09:02   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
A couple weeks back. Shouldnt be too different in Bangalore. Maybe they have an older MY16 in one of the other three colors. In which case discounts could be higher. But I was told that these cars are largely made to order so doubt if they have an inventory. Perhaps itll be worth a phone call.

There was an issue with race blue and rio red when I picked up mine in October. Silver was almost immediately available on the MY17 trim. Was told that blue and red kits are expected only around end January / early February. Desperately wanted the blue but took silver since there was no way I could wait 5 months for a colour.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:30   #2574
BHPian

I am considering the Octavia TSI & wanted to hear 1st hand experience on the issues. Owning a Skoda TSI manual & a Polo GT, I am spoilt for refinement. Pls advise.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:44   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
That seems fine I guess. I asked my friend to call them up for the time being and Vinayak Skoda in Bangalore has said that they have White readily available at the moment but the price they've quoted is 27.6 lacs on road which seems quite high to me. Need to check with TAFE as well. But does anyone have prior experience with either of them? I mean which one is better and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
There was an issue with race blue and rio red when I picked up mine in October. Silver was almost immediately available on the MY17 trim. Was told that blue and red kits are expected only around end January / early February. Desperately wanted the blue but took silver since there was no way I could wait 5 months for a colour.
I am fine with all colours actually other than Rio Red. My need is urgent too like yours so may settle for any colour in case there is a shortage.
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:40   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Went to a Skoda dealership to check the Octavia in person and its final that this will be my next car. But the salesman who I took into confidence said that the current Octavia production has stopped and the new one is already on the floors and should be out in the market sometime in March or April. I definitely want the new face lifted one and those of you who prefer the current model, this is a great time to get this wonderful car at a very good price. He waived off the Insurance even without asking anything so there may be a scope for a good discount here.
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:53   #2577
BHPian

Just booked my Octavia 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Black today from TAFE Access. Delivery should be on 30th Jan +/- 2 days. Checked out Vinayak as well but overall price, showroom ambience, service etc felt better at TAFE.
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:23   #2578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
Just booked my Octavia 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Black today from TAFE Access. Delivery should be on 30th Jan +/- 2 days. Checked out Vinayak as well but overall price, showroom ambience, service etc felt better at TAFE.
Good choice and nice decision. Octavia in Diesel is sharing her soul and engine with like of Audi and Jetta. I hope petrol will have a similar case. anyway you will love this car and the features in Style plus is amazing. you will not regret it a single day.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 23rd January 2017 at 20:24.
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:54   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Good choice and nice decision. Octavia in Diesel is sharing her soul and engine with like of Audi and Jetta. I hope petrol will have a similar case. anyway you will love this car and the features in Style plus is amazing. you will not regret it a single day.
Thank you sir Looking forward to it! Should be good. BTW this is the MY17 but 16 VIN and comes with Navigation. This has flappy paddles too which I thought wasn't available on the Octavia by default. Not sure when they added the feature in.
Old 23rd January 2017, 22:23   #2580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Went to a Skoda dealership to check the Octavia in person and its final that this will be my next car. But the salesman who I took into confidence said that the current Octavia production has stopped and the new one is already on the floors and should be out in the market sometime in March or April. I definitely want the new face lifted one and those of you who prefer the current model, this is a great time to get this wonderful car at a very good price. He waived off the Insurance even without asking anything so there may be a scope for a good discount here.
I believe the international version of the facelift no longer comes with an 1.8 TSI and gets an 1.4 TSI instead. I hope this is not the case in India. I would not be surprised if it is, because even the Audi A4 runs only the 1.4 TSI these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks