Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2018, 12:34   #3106
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Slightly off topic:

Today morning had a nice stretching off the legs for my car ON Bandra Worli Sea Link. Was keeping pace with a A4 1.8T.

When the old 1.8 Turbo wakes up and starts singing with its nice turbo whistle, its a different beast altogether. Makes you grin ear to ear

Last edited by navin : 10th August 2018 at 16:05. Reason: X5X implies high speeds. Dont try to dodge the rule.
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 16:51   #3107
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : VRS or 1.8TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Why do all that mapping business when for 2Lacs you can get a different beast altogether. Where the 1.4 will reach with mapping, the 1.8 starts
True. I missed that.
Top variant 1.4tsi is less than 2l than the cheapest 1.8tsi.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 14:59   #3108
BHPian

Hey guys,
The right side DRL of my Octavia has become pale and the extended warranty just got over last month. What solution do I have to this? Can I get it done somewhere from outside since my car is no more under warranty? Any help is appreciated.
Old 15th August 2018, 15:16   #3109
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Hey guys,
The right side DRL of my Octavia has become pale and the extended warranty just got over last month. What solution do I have to this? Can I get it done somewhere from outside since my car is no more under warranty? Any help is appreciated.
The DRL is covered only under warranty and not even extended warranty. If your extended warranty is already over then I don't think they will honour.

I had my first head unit replaced in warranty. But the second one went kaput few months after my warranty was over and in extended warranty period. I had to fight a lot with Skoda to get it approved under warranty. Finally I got finally 70% approved under warranty. So if your extended warranty is also over I don't have much hope.

As per Skoda, the design of the headlight is such that the whole head unit needs to be replaced. So I am not sure if there a way it can be fixed outside.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th September 2018 at 11:31. Reason: Formatting
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 06:47   #3110

I own a 2014 TDI and I received this SMS yesterday from "BW-SSKODA":

Hurry!
Please visit your nearest skoda Dealer For new campaign in your Skoda Octavia in which AC fuse needs to be change which is very important. call 9685010007

Did anyone else here receive a similar message?
Old 19th August 2018, 19:57   #3111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtravelbug View Post

Did anyone else here receive a similar message?
For the 75k service I did last week, the SA did mention about replacing a blown fuse. I wonder if it is related. I never got any messages though.
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 20:45   #3112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why BUY when you can LEASE at Zero Down Payment with Zero Service cost? Introducing SKODA LEASING for self-employed & salaried professionals. To know more give a missed call on 08882945457. T&C Apply.
Got this text today.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th August 2018 at 00:12. Reason: Putting the text in quotes. Thanks!
Old 20th August 2018, 00:07   #3113
BHPian

I too got this but the number is not available continuously. This might just also be a marketing gimmick.
Old 20th August 2018, 08:43   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Got this text today.
Spoke to JMD Mumbai, they say it is only for people owning a private limited company. The consultant was not very erudite so I doubt the authenticity.

Anyways more often than not these are just gimmicks to get your contact number and then they can harass you to purchase a car. All dealers do similar gimmicks.

Last edited by SDP : 20th August 2018 at 09:15. Reason: Minor typo
Old 26th August 2018, 09:08   #3115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Did you figure this out? As Sud has posted, there is no way to access the DRL without opening up the entire unit.
Old 26th August 2018, 10:57   #3116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did you figure this out? As Sud has posted, there is no way to access the DRL without opening up the entire unit.
I shot up a mail to the people at Skoda regarding this issue and they asked me to get my car scanned at the service Centre. I did rightly so and the next day I shot up another mail informing them about the same. I got a reply the same day that they have approved to change the assembly free of cost under goodwill warranty.

The whole process was smooth with Skoda for the second time now (last one being the steering jog dial issue) and I hope this kind of service continues to being offered. I'm yet to take out time and send the car to the service station though which is still 2hrs away from my place.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th September 2018 at 11:31. Reason: Formatting
shreyak_ss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 11:10   #3117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I shot up a mail to the people at Skoda regarding this issue and they asked me to get my car scanned at the service Centre. I did rightly so and the next day I shot up another mail informing them about the same. I got a reply the same day that they have approved to change the assembly free of cost under goodwill warranty.
The whole process was smooth with Skoda for the second time now (last one being the steering jog dial issue) and I hope this kind of service continues to being offered. I'm yet to take out time and send the car to the service station though which is still 2hrs away from my place.
Very glad to hear this. Skoda has really upped their game in most respects I feel. I suggest you change it ASAP though. Better not to wait :-)
Old 6th September 2018, 17:56   #3118
BHPian

Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI 2017 - Modification Help

Hello Friends

I have a white 2017 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI Ambition.

I have a list of things to be done on my ride as i am close to my 1st year service. (first service at 1 year timeframe).

1. Spoiler from Skoda Octavia vRS model --> What is the process to buy this? I am tried to contact Vinayak service center twice and they did not reply back convincingly on the process of how to acquire the Accessory from Skoda.
They did inform that its cost 3300 INR. But i am still not sure, how to procure one before i leave the vehicle for service, So that i can get it fitted when i am there at Mahadevpura Service center.

2. How to get the Brake Calipers painted Red? Where can i get this done for my Octy.

3. The front grill has the chrome lining around it. And i would love to replace that with the glossy Black version of it. Can this be procured and from where?

Regards
Pramod
Old 6th September 2018, 20:19   #3119
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI 2017 - Modification Help

Hi

Since you are in Bangalore, I would suggest you get both these parts PlastiDipped. Google this if you do not know about it. It will be a much better alternative to painting as doing this will not harm the original components.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:45   #3120
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : VRS or 1.8TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm in the market for a new car as they generally have hasslefree ownership for the initial 4-5 years before any major part needs replacing. My annual running is about 15K a year, a lot of which is in the city ( I'm still driving to work). So while I do get some stretches to press the pedal to the metal, its not too frequent. And while Mumbai peak hour is not as bad as Bangalore, the avg spd is still around 20kmph.
I am a Skoda Octavia 2017 1.4 TSI owner. Even though it isnt a beast, its quite fun driving it. I have completed 11k Kms now and most of it in on NH and Ghats. The driving dynamics and the engine refinement is quite good. You can consider that aswell.

Most Viewed