Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 19:01   #3271
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
ask them to change the elbow hose also as its prone to cracking once they open it for inspection
Is it possible for you to share the part number or something?

I am not certain if I tell them to check a part, they will understand it. Nincompoops at the SC. The state of affairs of customer service and keeping customer in loop of progress is so pathetic which sometimes makes my heart ache.

I will try and get them to reply on record, if they have specifically checked a part and verified its condition.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2019 at 18:59. Reason: Spacing
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:36   #3272
Senior - BHPian

I'm attaching the parts that were changed in my car, when they replaced the water pump and thermostat. The hose is not mentioned in this bill as it was changed earlier with the first water pump. All these are essential for cooling system to work at its best. You see first the thermostat starts to give way, that affects the other parts such as pump and hose, etc. So obviously they could diagnose it better in the first go. Any way, here are the details:
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screenshot-20190222-11.26.41.png

The Water Hose part number is 5Q0122101EA. Its a common part across many VW/Skoda/Audi cars.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 13:32   #3273
Distinguished - BHPian

Question on the a/c system of an Octy

The a/c has not been working well. He has tried the gas recharge etc. The A.SS is saying replace compressor and related systems @ 90k bill approx. Another mechanic suggested refurbishing the components @ about 20k and it should run for another 3 years.

What do you suggest ? The car is one of the early Octy's
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:30   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was it working well earlier?

The issue I had with my Octavia was the Temp at both zones were set at 24'C and at Auto. The cooling was insufficient, with the rear passengers were often sweating.

The SA advised me to keep it in "LO/18'C" Mode, and manually operate the fan speed.
The issue with the Octavia's Auto-cooling system, he said, is that the "Re-circulation/Fresh Air" button is also controlled by the Auto-Climate functionality, which makes the compressor behave in a very erratic manner.

Quote:
I'm attaching the parts that were changed .
Thank you so much.

I have forwarded the dealer your screenshot, and have asked for confirmation for the relevant parts to be analysed and ensure it's in perfect shape.

*fingers crossed*

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd February 2019 at 11:13.
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:56   #3275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Was it working well earlier?
It was, and has been checked earlier. Valve was replaced too.

btw, it's a Laura. And luckily, friend goes to a place where my old SA is now at. Have put them in touch with each other.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 09:23   #3276
BHPian

I am just picking up a 2016 November manufactured Octavia which has run only 6000kms. Excited to own the 5 Skoda on my timeline!
Sanjeev911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:43   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

The a/c has not been working well. He has tried the gas recharge etc. The A.SS is saying replace compressor and related systems @ 90k bill approx. Another mechanic suggested refurbishing the components @ about 20k and it should run for another 3 years.

What do you suggest ? The car is one of the early Octy's
Friend of mine has a 2014 Jetta (Mumbai). He was suffering the absolute nightmare that is VW service (makes Skoda seem angelic, he says) when he stumbled across a very large operation that specializes in VW family (all their brands) cars. Says he managed to get his "perennial" issues fixed with permanence and high quality at a fraction of the cost.

Regardless of where you live, I assume that VW family service issues have led to such experts cropping you. You should look that up and take the car there if you're unsure about your SA.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2019 at 18:58. Reason: Spacing
imidnightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 08:47   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
Friend of mine has a 2014 Jetta (Mumbai). He was suffering the absolute nightmare that is VW service (makes Skoda seem angelic, he says) when he stumbled across a very large operation that specializes in VW family (all their brands) cars. Says he managed to get his "perennial" issues fixed with permanence and high quality at a fraction of the cost. Regardless of where you live, I assume that VW family service issues have led to such experts cropping you. You should look that up and take the car there if you're unsure about your SA.

Could you please share the details of that place. Own a VW and a Skoda () . Seems you are in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:28   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Could you please share the details of that place. Own a VW and a Skoda () . Seems you are in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance.
Messaged you. Feel free to share. Like I said, referral is from someone whose Jetta got fixed very well and economically.
Old 4th March 2019, 10:39   #3280
sud
BHPian

Quote:
I'm attaching the parts that were changed in my car, when they replaced the water pump and thermostat. The hose is not mentioned in this bill as it was changed earlier with the first water pump. All these are essential for cooling system to work at its best. You see first the thermostat starts to give way, that affects the other parts such as pump and hose, etc. So obviously they could diagnose it better in the first go. Any way, here are the details:
Attachment 1850920

The Water Hose part number is 5Q0122101EA. Its a common part across many VW/Skoda/Audi cars.
@adi_petrolhead was this replacements done during warranty or extended warranty? Mine also similar parts got replaced but I was told that under extended warranty only waterpump and thermostat is covered. Other parts like gasket, nuts, bolts, etc.. have to be paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Apart from a creaking noise from the stabilizer link rods, my car is as silent as on day 1!
Post the replacement of link rods and lower arm bushes, I am not seeing any creaking noise so far. But will hold my horses till I drive it for few more days.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 12:10   #3281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Other parts like gasket, nuts, bolts, etc.. have to be paid.

Post the replacement of link rods and lower arm bushes, I am not seeing any creaking noise so far. But will hold my horses till I drive it for few more days.
Sud, paying for the consumables/small components is standard I think. I checked my invoice and I also paid small amounts for nut/bolt/screw etc.

As for the link rods/lower arm bushes, can you check your invoice and let us know exactly how much did the components and related labour work cost? Also do you feel a new 'tightness' in the steering/front suspension after the change? I am convinced my Octy feels wallowy with the OEM stuff (after 45k km) and hence asking!

If at all possible, do share a screenshot of the link rods/stabilizer/lower arm bit from the invoice.

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th March 2019 at 12:17.
Old 4th March 2019, 18:36   #3282
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I have booked a Octavia 1.8 TSI. As most of you already knows, the car now comes with a 6 year warranty.

However, I'm confused with whether I should go for the 4 year service package for 44k.

My sales consultant casually mentioned that he wouldn't push me to take the service package since it is a petrol car. If it was TDI he would have.

Can TSI owners help me to understand the approx service charges for first 4 years. Any part failure , I guess, will be covered under warranty.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Spacing
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 18:51   #3283
BHPian

If you're going by loan then ask them to include the 4 year package as well. Then for next 4 years you'll not have to shell a rupee for any services(There could be minor exceptions and repairs etc which we may have to face knowing the VAG)

We are paying approximately 15K for our Rapid DSG for the past 3 services.

I guess that makes more or less 60K for 4 years, where as you'd be paying only 44k for the same number of services but also a bigger car. Right?

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 4th March 2019 at 18:53.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 18:55   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Gentlemen,

I have booked a Octavia 1.8 TSI. As most of you already knows, the car now comes with a 6 year warranty.
I was wondering whether all Octavias whether 2018 or 2019 make comes with 6 years warranty as standard? I am also in talks with one of the dealer out here in Gurgaon and he mentioned that the 6 year warranty is only applicable to 2018 make vehicles and not on 2019.

Please let me know.

Cheers!
Old 4th March 2019, 18:57   #3285
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Sud, paying for the consumables/small components is standard I think. I checked my invoice and I also paid small amounts for nut/bolt/screw etc.
Yes correct. But what shocked me was the Gasket which costed around Rs. 2100. So wanted to double check.

Quote:
As for the link rods/lower arm bushes, can you check your invoice and let us know exactly how much did the components and related labour work cost? Also do you feel a new 'tightness' in the steering/front suspension after the change? I am convinced my Octy feels wallowy with the OEM stuff (after 45k km) and hence asking!

If at all possible, do share a screenshot of the link rods/stabilizer/lower arm bit from the invoice.
Cost for linkrod/lower arm bush replacement:
- Part - Rubber mounts - Rs. 4252
- Part - Conn link - Rs. 6898
- Labour - Lower wishbone replacement - Rs. 1647
- Labour - Anti roll bar coupling link remove + reinstall - Rs. 346
- Wheel alignment (done due to the link rod replacements) - Rs. 885
Total comes around Rs. 14028.

Attaching the bill as well.

Mine has done about 75K kms. I never faced any wallowing effect. It was only the noise which was irritating. Even after this replacement I don't see any difference in city driving except that the noise has disappeared now. Need to see if there is any difference at high speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
However, I'm confused with whether I should go for the 4 year service package for 44k.
It costs around ~15K per service at the current cost. So I would definitely recommend to go for the service package.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screen-shot-20190304-6.37.02-pm.png  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screen-shot-20190304-6.36.28-pm.png  

Last edited by sud : 4th March 2019 at 19:05.
sud is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks