Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2019, 19:45   #3286
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Gentlemen,

I have booked a Octavia 1.8 TSI. As most of you already knows, the car now comes with a 6 year warranty.

However, I'm confused with whether I should go for the 4 year service package for 44k.

My sales consultant casually mentioned that he wouldn't push me to take the service package since it is a petrol car. If it was TDI he would have.

Can TSI owners help me to understand the approx service charges for first 4 years. Any part failure , I guess, will be covered under warranty.
If your monthly run is high then service package is a must. Even without that, I’ll advise to go for service package (normal service will cost you around 12-15k). I’d taken both extended warranty and service package for my Rapid MC DSG. OTR is around 16.8L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
If you're going by loan then ask them to include the 4 year package as well. Then for next 4 years you'll not have to shell a rupee for any services(There could be minor exceptions and repairs etc which we may have to face knowing the VAG)

We are paying approximately 15K for our Rapid DSG for the past 3 services.

I guess that makes more or less 60K for 4 years, where as you'd be paying only 44k for the same number of services but also a bigger car. Right?
Service package has to be purchased by the customer itself. It can’t be added onto the loan. I’d enquired about the same for my rapid 2 days back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I was wondering whether all Octavias whether 2018 or 2019 make comes with 6 years warranty as standard? I am also in talks with one of the dealer out here in Gurgaon and he mentioned that the 6 year warranty is only applicable to 2018 make vehicles and not on 2019.

Please let me know.

Cheers!
As per my knowledge, a batch of 2018 vehicles came with 6y warranty but later on skoda stopped it and this year they again introduced 6 y warranty with an additional cost.

Last edited by nidhinsarath : 4th March 2019 at 19:46.
nidhinsarath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 19:48   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I was wondering whether all Octavias whether 2018 or 2019 make comes with 6 years warranty as standard? I am also in talks with one of the dealer out here in Gurgaon and he mentioned that the 6 year warranty is only applicable to 2018 make vehicles and not on 2019.

Please let me know.

Cheers!
I spoke to my dealer now. From the conversation, it appeared like it might be 2018 car. He said he will confirm tomorrow.
But why would the 6 year warranty be applicable only to 2018 model? Anything to do with a refreshed model or new engine?

Another question to owners - my sales consultant says that he is unable to get the VIN number till the vehicle is dispatched. Also he will be able to get the only the year of make and not the month. I find this to be a bit doubtful. Could this be true?
Old 5th March 2019, 17:01   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Service package has to be purchased by the customer itself. It can’t be added onto the loan. I’d enquired about the same for my rapid 2 days back.
You are right. Last month my friend bought a Rapid. I guess they adjusted the 4 year package amount in the down-payment and arranged loan for the remaining.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 22:32   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

However, I'm confused with whether I should go for the 4 year service package for 44k.

My sales consultant casually mentioned that he wouldn't push me to take the service package since it is a petrol car. If it was TDI he would have.

Can TSI owners help me to understand the approx service charges for first 4 years. Any part failure , I guess, will be covered under warranty.

Your typical annual Service cost will be as follows:
  1. Paid Service - 2800
  2. Oil - 4600
  3. Oil Filter - 650
  4. Air Filter - 1200
  5. Fuel Filter - 1600
  6. Wheel Balancing + Alignment - 1500
So I guess you might want to buy the service package.

Also max a car can be financed is upto 100% of the invoice value.
MileCruncher is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 09:37   #3290
BANNED

Quote:
Also he will be able to get the only the year of make and not the month. I find this to be a bit doubtful. Could this be true?
No, but not to worry, ask him the VIN, which is stamped the moment the vehicle is kitted out, and there are multiple places including a thread here to decide it.
Old 6th March 2019, 09:49   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No, but not to worry, ask him the VIN, which is stamped the moment the vehicle is kitted out, and there are multiple places including a thread here to decide it.
Thanks! Yes, he also said that once the vehicle is shipped from Aurangabad he will be able to give the VIN. I just want to check if the car is made at least in Q4 of 2018. If it is in Q3 , i feel it is too old to buy.
Old 6th March 2019, 10:00   #3292
BANNED

Quote:
If it is in Q3 , i feel it is too old to buy.
Then ask him to give you the VIN in advance, why get into confusion later?
Also, at times, discounts can sway the deal this way or that.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:16   #3293
BHPian

Interesting news for vRS enthusiasts is that a new batch of vRS cars maybe around the corner. The sales consultants will not reveal anything as they don't want customers to buy vRS. Why? Because vRS does not count in their sales target. Dealership management says that vRS has its own demand that sales reps don't have to sell it.
Hence, sales reps try to convert any vRS enquiry to 1.8 TSI and do not entertain any conversation on vRS availability.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:53   #3294
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting news for vRS enthusiasts is that a new batch of vRS cars maybe around the corner.
True, but my friend booked a L&K 3 months ago. Those guys are still beating around the bush. IIRC They asked him to wait 3 more months to get a VRS.

I just do not understand what these Sales Reps want.

While I was there for my friend's Rapid delivery at Vinayaka, Bellary road, they asked me to evaluate my Jetta in exchange for the new Octavia.

Trust me, this was the most blunder conversation I ever had with a Sales Manager(I repeat, not a Sales Rep, it was the manager).

SM - Sir, what car do you have?
Me - For now, I keep switching between Rapid and Jetta.
SM - Do you want us to evaluate your Jetta for Octavia or Superb.
Me - No, thanks. I am in a very tight budget and no upgrade for next few years.
SM - Sir, Octavia is very stable in high speeds.
Me -So is Jetta, they're cousin horses of the same stable.
SM - No, sir VW is not so good, you should see the service bills.
Me - Last month I got both Rapid and Jetta serviced. Bills were 15k and 12k respectively. They're always the same; why or how do you differentiate?
SM - Sir, you must see GT bills, always 40K or more.
Me - Really? I guess he had some parts replaced out of warranty.
SM - No, sir. I know what VW is. It is just the service. And they can't match Skoda quality.
Me - I have a VW too man, how can you say this?
SM - Sira adu hange(Sir, it is like that only)
(Realizing it is waste of time arguing with him)
Me - Sari bidi, Rapid PDI madbeku(OK, Let's leave this and move to Rapid's delivery)

sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 18:30   #3295
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting news for vRS enthusiasts is that a new batch of vRS cars maybe around the corner.
Great news, if true. Are the dealers accepting any bookings for vRS?

I'm sure there will be a lot of enthusiasts waiting for the official announcement
Old 6th March 2019, 19:31   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Great news, if true. Are the dealers accepting any bookings for vRS?

I'm sure there will be a lot of enthusiasts waiting for the official announcement
They are definitely not accepting any bookings. When I asked my sales consultant about vRS, he became alarmed and started explaining why 1.8 TSI is better suited for Indian roads.
However, once I booked 1.8 TSI he started revealing details on why they don't want to sell vRS (because it doesn't count in their sales target). He also hinted that next batch may come by Q2 2019.
Lambydude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 10:36   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjeev911 View Post
I am just picking up a 2016 November manufactured Octavia which has run only 6000kms. Excited to own the 5 Skoda on my timeline!
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-619b7652fe014f0a96241efada344841.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-4ecbcff10af64d25a0655226b3041e55.jpeg

My new ride. 2017 Octavia Style Plus 2.0 TDI AT! Covered 6000km.
Sanjeev911 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 11:40   #3298
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! car looks really good indeed! Hope you have had a complete VIN check at the dealership before picking it up. Your car should qualify for the 6 year warranty program which is totally worth it, so do check up on that as well. Wish you thousands of blissful miles with the Octy!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 17:23   #3299
BHPian

@adi_petrolhead : Thank You very much for the lovely wishes. She drives amazingly well, & is due for her second service later in June this year. I picked the car up at a used car dealership & they checked it to be clean. I also ran a brief check at Gurudev motors Chennai for service history, & seems they did a routine first service in June last year.
I must check with the guys to extend it for the 6 year program from the current 4 year program.
Old 10th March 2019, 08:45   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Then ask him to give you the VIN in advance, why get into confusion later?
Also, at times, discounts can sway the deal this way or that.
I have booked a TDI MT Style and the sales rep mentioned that the VIN will be communicated directly to customer(email/sms) before the dealer gets to know. Once we know the VIN can add it in MySkoda APP to get more details. At the time of booking have ensured the make is 2019. I can share more once I hear from Skoda. It's been more than a week now!

Most Viewed