Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2019, 22:04   #3301
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
I have booked a TDI MT Style and the sales rep mentioned that the VIN will be communicated directly to customer(email/sms) before the dealer gets to know. Once we know the VIN can add it in MySkoda APP to get more details. At the time of booking have ensured the make is 2019. I can share more once I hear from Skoda. It's been more than a week now!
Not sure about this. For example, consider a situation where the dealer is getting you a vehicle which actually came for some other booking but is allotted to you because the other person could not get the payment in time. This is not rare and is happening in my case. In this case,how will the company communicate the VIN to me directly.
I was told by my sale rep that once the car is shipped from the factory, he will get to know the VIN and he will communicate that to me.

Are you getting 2018 model or a 2019 one? Which dealer?

Last edited by Lambydude : 10th March 2019 at 22:07.
Old 10th March 2019, 23:33   #3302
BANNED

Quote:
I have booked a TDI MT Style and the sales rep mentioned that the VIN will be communicated directly to customer(email/sms) before the dealer gets to know. Once we know the VIN can add it in MySkoda APP to get more details. At the time of booking have ensured the make is 2019. I can share more once I hear from Skoda. It's been more than a week now!
What is the colour selected?
Old 12th March 2019, 18:07   #3303
BHPian

Does anyone here have the contact details of a reliable sales person from Vinayak, Sadashivnagar, Bangalore? I am mulling over booking the 1.8 TSI and would be good to go through a known reference.
Old 13th March 2019, 18:50   #3304
BHPian

Octavia owners,

Need a quick help. I had asked my sales rep to send me the VIN number when the car arrives. However , he has sent a 17 digit chassis number.
Is chassis number same as VIN number?
Can I use the chassis number to decode year and month. I will be referring to VIN decoder thread for this.
Old 13th March 2019, 19:09   #3305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Octavia owners,

Need a quick help. I had asked my sales rep to send me the VIN number when the car arrives. However , he has sent a 17 digit chassis number.
Can I use the chassis number to decode year and month. I will be referring to VIN decoder thread for this.
Chassis number is a unique identification number for chassis, same as the way an engine number uniquely identifies an engine. VIN is a completely different number which actually uniquely identifies a vehicle as a whole. So you need the VIN instead of chassis number to find the manufacturing date and stuffs. It is same across all manufacturers.
Old 13th March 2019, 22:22   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Octavia owners,

I haven't come across the Chassis Number on any recent car, there's only VIN. That's stamped on the chassis in my car and on the front windshield, same is written in the RC.

17 characters seems to be the VIN but the SA has mixed up the terminology. VIN is 17 characters. For eg.: TBTBYDHE1AD995466.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 23:07   #3307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I haven't come across the Chassis Number on any recent car, there's only VIN. That's stamped on the chassis in my car and on the front windshield, same is written in the RC.

17 characters seems to be the VIN but the SA has mixed up the terminology. VIN is 17 characters. For eg.: TBTBYDHE1AD995466.
Thank you. I have checked the same in my brother's Fabia. The number near the front windshield and the number mentioned as chassis number on the RC are the same. Hence, I'm assuming it's the VIN.
Old 14th March 2019, 15:07   #3308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I haven't come across the Chassis Number on any recent car, there's only VIN.
Incorrect.

There is both Chassis Number and VIN. In the present gen it is engraved inside near the driver front suspension.

Details here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3395860
Old 15th March 2019, 23:57   #3309
BHPian

@Lambydude 2019 model, Vinayak Mahadevapura. I am still waiting for the VIN number. Been 2+ weeks now. If you have got it you can download MySkoda app and add it there. Issues with MySkoda app contact customercare@skoda-auto.co.in They are pretty prompt in resounding.
@pavi Quartz grey
Old 16th March 2019, 18:58   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
@Lambydude 2019 model, Vinayak Mahadevapura. I am still waiting for the VIN number. Been 2+ weeks now. If you have got it you can download MySkoda app and add it there. Issues with MySkoda app contact customercare@skoda-auto.co.in They are pretty prompt in resounding.
@pavi Quartz grey
I'm not sure if we can add a new car VIN to myskoda app before the car is registered in your name. I have myskoda app installed and have my Skoda Rapid details added. After adding, it goes through a round of approval. Hence, if it is not registered, the new car details may not get approved.

I have done the PDI of my Octavia today. VIN number is there at the right side of front windshield. You can use VIN decoder or global Skoda VIN decoder link to check.

Last edited by Lambydude : 16th March 2019 at 19:00.
Old 18th March 2019, 17:22   #3311
Distinguished - BHPian

When you feel really happy that you bought a notchback Octavia AND the 6k OEM 'bootdish'. Didn't even really need to fold the seats but did so as a precaution.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-boot-1.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-boot-2.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 18th March 2019 at 17:23.
itwasntme is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 18:24   #3312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Does anyone here have the contact details of a reliable sales person from Vinayak, Sadashivnagar, Bangalore? I am mulling over booking the 1.8 TSI and would be good to go through a known reference.
You can try Vijaykanth. I found him enthusiastic and helpful. His contact will be in superb thread. Good luck
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 20:01   #3313
BHPian

Thanks Lancer!
I booked the 1.8 TSI L&K at Vinayak, Sadashivnagar and have been given a tentative date of mid-April for delivery. OTR agreed upon was 29.5L including the default insurance and excluding the drive assure and service bundles. Yet to discuss on insurance and any optimisation of extras.
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:55   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post

SM - Sir, what car do you have?
Me - For now, I keep switching between Rapid and Jetta.
SM - Do you want us to evaluate your Jetta for Octavia or Superb.
Me - No, thanks. I am in a very tight budget and no upgrade for next few years.
SM - Sir, Octavia is very stable in high speeds.
Me -So is Jetta, they're cousin horses of the same stable.
SM - No, sir VW is not so good, you should see the service bills.
Me - Last month I got both Rapid and Jetta serviced. Bills were 15k and 12k respectively. They're always the same; why or how do you differentiate?
SM - Sir, you must see GT bills, always 40K or more.
Me - Really? I guess he had some parts replaced out of warranty.
SM - No, sir. I know what VW is. It is just the service. And they can't match Skoda quality.
Me - I have a VW too man, how can you say this?
SM - Sira adu hange(Sir, it is like that only)
(Realizing it is waste of time arguing with him)
Me - Sari bidi, Rapid PDI madbeku(OK, Let's leave this and move to Rapid's delivery)

Epic conversation. I took a test drive of the L&K diesel at Coimbatore.

He kept bashing about how Skoda is the BEST car manufacturer in the world. I was shocked with the way he doesn't even try to be neutral.

There was point when the conversation went to the cars I've driven. I told him about the BMW X5. He says "Sir, it is a flop car. It isn't half good as the Octavia". I am like
br_876 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 21:40   #3315
BHPian

Update: I took the delivery of my 1.8 TSI magic black Octavia.

Owners, can you tell me what's the precautions to be followed during running in period? My sales rep told me not to redline but another sales rep told not to cross 3k rpm. I'm confused.
Please help.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks