Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 11:37   #3556
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi guys i was looking out for a at sedan had zeroed in on either the city or verna . However was looking out for a used 1.8tsi octavia as well, have found a used 2015 elegance 1.8tsi with 50k on the odo completely scratchless car. Should i be looking out for something in this car.
1. I am Least bothered about the f.e
2. My only concern is reliability and a.s.s from
Skoda

Also what would be a reasonable price for this car its delhi registered white colour?

Also can i get the extended 6 year warranty on this car or is that only for new cars now ?

Cheers
Mayank
Is the car still under 4 year warranty? Then you may be able to buy the extended warranty for 2 more years. It will cost you around 60k. Please do check with the dealer first.

In my opinion, you shouldn't spend more than 10 lacs for the car.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 12:49   #3557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Is the car still under 4 year warranty? Then you may be able to buy the extended warranty for 2 more years. It will cost you around 60k. Please do check with the dealer first.

In my opinion, you shouldn't spend more than 10 lacs for the car.

5th and 6th Year extended warranty is only applicable to Skoda cars sold after 1st September 2016.

2015 delivered cars would not be eligible for it.

In my opinion, if you are getting the 2015 car under INR 11 Lac, go for it.
Warranty anyways would have costed INR 60K
DSG would be replaced mostly under goodwill but even if you consider INR 1.5 lac for it, its a decent deal in my opinion.

Also, I think 5th and 6th year warranty cover lesser things compared to normal 4 year warranty.
Most of the usual culprits like water pump etc are now much cheaper anyways.
Automagical is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:49   #3558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automagical View Post
2015 delivered cars would not be eligible for it.

In my opinion, if you are getting the 2015 car under INR 11 Lac, go for it.
Warranty anyways would have costed INR 60K
DSG would be replaced mostly under goodwill but even if you consider INR 1.5 lac for it, its a decent deal in my opinion.
Cannot comment on the ideal DEL price but check if the DSG has already been changed once or not. Similarly LED DRLs are showing any signs of yellowing or whether they have been changed either. Rest of the TSi's faults are known like creaking sunroof, squeaky door beadings, water pump / thermostat failure, stabilizer link rods replacement and AC compressor.

These are not huge expenses usually.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 19:12   #3559
BHPian

Does anyone know if there is a setting to disable side mirrors opening on unlocking doors, and instead make them open on the ignition turning on?
Old 17th July 2019, 09:11   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a setting to disable side mirrors opening on unlocking doors, and instead make them open on the ignition turning on?
No. When I bought my car, I was looking for this setting but couldn't find one. At that time I had a talk with technician also and was told that there is no such setting available.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 09:49   #3561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
If this is not available as part of the system settings in the HU, then it should be available as a flag in the BCM which should be accessible through VCDS.

Any reason why you do not want the mirrors to open on unlock, but on ignition?
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 11:24   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

Any reason why you do not want the mirrors to open on unlock, but on ignition?
There are multiple instances when you may unlock the door to take stuff out but don't intend to start the car or go anywhere. The door mirror motor gets activated unnecessarily. Seen this with my Polo GT. I mostly unfold the mirrors only when I start driving.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 13:49   #3563

This might help.

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/14...rs-on-ignition

I will try this tomorrow using my OBDeleven and let you guys know if it works.
Automagical is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 18:18   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
..I mostly unfold the mirrors only when I start driving.
My 2013 Nissan Micra CVT has auto folding mirrors and in auto mode, they close when lock is pressed on remote or on the door handle. Also, they open only when I press the ignition to start the vehicle and not when unlocked to open the doors.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 17th July 2019 at 18:20.
Old 17th July 2019, 18:27   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There are multiple instances when you may unlock the door to take stuff out but don't intend to start the car or go anywhere. The door mirror motor gets activated unnecessarily. Seen this with my Polo GT. I mostly unfold the mirrors only when I start driving.
That's right, I don't want the mirrors to unfold on unlock since I don't take the car out every time it is unlocked. Unfolding on ignition on and folding on lock seems to be the most sensible behaviour, which I have seen happen on the Nexon for one.

Will check with the service tech when I get the chance.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th July 2019 at 20:20. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:17   #3566

The always on 12V socket is a pain. Which means you have to remember to remove the dashcam cable every single time. Is anyone else using a dashcam and hardwired one?
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:31   #3567
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinDoc View Post
The always on 12V socket is a pain. Which means you have to remember to remove the dashcam cable every single time. Is anyone else using a dashcam and hardwired one?
oh, skoda provides an always on cig-light socket ? usually they are ignition switched
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:01   #3568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
oh, skoda provides an always on cig-light socket ? usually they are ignition switched
Yup, it's very much always on . I had left my USB charger connected overnight and it was very much on next morning.

However, there is a 10 minute timer on the other electrics (stereo, headlights, interior lighting etc.) EXCEPT the emergency flashers which will stay on till the battery dies.
Old 24th July 2019, 07:59   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinDoc View Post

Yes. I am using a dash cam that has been hardwired. Got the hardwire kit from Ali express and tapped it with the ignition switch fuse from what I remember. Been a while since I installed it and it seems to be working perfectly fine.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 19:58   #3570
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend got the delivery of Octavia 1.8TSI DSG L&K. Drove her today (a short drive of 3 - 4 km). Lovely engine and gearbox - the TSI DSG combo is impressive as always. Felt sober compared to the GTI :-) Spacious cabin and massive boot - typical Octavia Super brakes too - again typical Skoda. The lumbar support is super awesome! Just like it was in the 1st gen Octavia. This was watered down in the 2nd gen (Laura), good to see it's back. The doors, however are very light and that heavy vault like feeling of the previous Octavia/Laura is not there anymore. Even the GTI doors are heavier!

BTW, noticed a humming noise - especially during coasting (it's there all the time, but it's less noticeable during acceleration due to engine sound and the fact that mind is more focused on the acceleration itself). It felt similar to what I have heard on my cars when tyres get older. What can it be? This car has the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5's which my Laura also came with but never heard this sound on the Laura. Any clue?
anandpadhye is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks