Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 09:22   #3991
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
Can you please tell me how much you had to pay for them after the exchange ? Thank you in advance.
I didn't pay a cent, it was an exchange or a barter.

I simply swapped my Black alloys for the Silver ones.

The design and the size of the alloys is exactly the same and the only difference is the colour.

Not sure if Skoda sells new alloys to those in need, so this was the only option left.

Installing after market alloys leads to warranty issues so had to settle for this swap.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th December 2019 at 09:36. Reason: Spacing
Old 6th December 2019, 09:49   #3992

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post
Hi Satish,

I was also in the same boat, I have opted to not go for the extended warranty. Bajaj Allianz offers a product that is pretty close to the extended warranty that Skoda gives, for about 60K if purchase within the first two years for the vehicle purchase, and will only kick in once the manufacturer's warranty has expired. This is not tied up with the normal insurance.
I am planning on waiting out for a couple of months, and try to get the warranty from Skoda itself.

Hope this helps.
Satish, Raviteja, what insurance did you guys opt for finally? I found Lombard >50% of Skoda Insurance. Add to that my NCB and 55K for 5th and 6th year EW, even I am tempted not to go for EW. Please suggest.

Anyone has thoughts if United India Insurance works well with Skoda? They seem to be 25% of Skoda Insurance.
pnvsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 23:55   #3993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post
Satish, Raviteja, what insurance did you guys opt for finally? I found Lombard >50% of Skoda Insurance. Add to that my NCB and 55K for 5th and 6th year EW, even I am tempted not to go for EW. Please suggest.

Anyone has thoughts if United India Insurance works well with Skoda? They seem to be 25% of Skoda Insurance.
I went with HDFC Ergo for insurance. I got zero-dep insurance + 3 year third party insurance for ₹67000. IDV is 100% of ex-showroom price. I am planning to go for extended warranty during 3rd or 4th year of ownership.

My Octavia doesn't beep when locking the door. Did Skoda remove the lock beep? I am also not finding any setting in the Infotainment system.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th December 2019 at 00:18. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
satish_appasani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 07:43   #3994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
My Octavia doesn't beep when locking the door. Did Skoda remove the lock beep? I am also not finding any setting in the Infotainment system.
Did it beep earlier in the first place? It doesn't in my MY16 Octavia, and nor are there any settings that I have noticed.

Frankly, I am happy as I detest the sound. Albeit, I need to be ultra careful to watch out for the indicators/side lights blinking to acknowledge the door lock.
Old 7th December 2019, 10:53   #3995
BHPian

Quote:
The beep when locking sounds terrible. I would have hated it if the Octavia had this feature, it is as bad as the reverse gear sound that some irritating folks install on their cars. Even my old Honda Civic & City do not have these beep sounds.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th December 2019 at 10:58. Reason: Corrected typos.
Old 7th December 2019, 11:02   #3996

Quote:

Quote:
I went with HDFC Ergo for insurance. I got zero-dep insurance + 3 year third party insurance for ₹67000. IDV is 100% of ex-showroom price. I am planning to go for extended warranty during 3rd or 4th year of ownership.

I have gone with HDFC Ergo as well. which is similarly priced to what Satish has quoted for zero depreciation in his post. I have taken the extended warranty from Bajaj Allianz, that my HDFC insurance guy has said is available for HDFC customers.

I am not aware of United India Insurance, but try for New India Insurance as Skoda has a tie-up with them, so in case if you want to avail extended warranty at the time of purchase, you can avail that.
773.raviteja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 11:12   #3997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You meant the horn's beep? You'll have to enable it using the service center's VAGscan diagnostic laptop or VCDS. I don't suppose you'll find this option in the infotainment or the cluster.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:56   #3998
BHPian

Quote:
Yes indeed, and I booked as late as 27th. There was a customary 'Welcome' call from Skoda too, and they confirmed Style. I have been seeing Somajiguda since almost May and not a bad experience there either. I was told Style is now available only in White and Quartz Gray.
Would you know if Octavia 1.4MT Ambition is available as well? If yes, are similar discounts applicable? I had heard they stopped its production.
Old 7th December 2019, 14:37   #3999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
I didn't pay a cent, it was an exchange or a barter.

I simply swapped my Black alloys for the Silver ones.

The design and the size of the alloys is exactly the same and the only difference is the colour.

Not sure if Skoda sells new alloys to those in need, so this was the only option left.

Installing after market alloys leads to warranty issues so had to settle for this swap.

I was asking about the cost of the rubbers Sir.
Old 7th December 2019, 17:22   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
I was asking about the cost of the rubbers Sir.
Michelin Primacy 4ST: 8390/- Per Tyre.
Goodyear NCT5 Buyback: 5000/- Per Tyre.

I think tyres are priced lower in Delhi/NCR than down south, so you might not get same price.
Old 7th December 2019, 17:29   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You meant the horn's beep? You'll have to enable it using the service center's VAGscan diagnostic laptop or VCDS. I don't suppose you'll find this option in the infotainment or the cluster.
In my Golf Mk7 MIB2, I have option in the settings menu to enable/disable lock horn.
Old 7th December 2019, 18:26   #4002
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Many of you have been so helpful with my queries on the Octavia so its only fair that I share some of the research work that I have done. I am contemplating between the L&K & Onyx and will decide within the next few days.

For insurance, try considering National Insurance which I am also looking at . Its costs are around 1L for 3 years for zero depreciation for onyx and subsequently a bit more for L&K. I am also not planning to take the 5th& 6th year extended warranty but may consider it later, but the price for that may go up to 65K during the 4th year.

Also the accessories are not compulsory, so I am thinking of taking just the boot mat , front mud flaps and car cover on a la carte basis. For Floor mats I may look at something else outside of Skoda brand . The pillows add very little value, at least for me.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers !

Last edited by Timothy : 7th December 2019 at 18:48. Reason: Spaced out the paragraphs for better readability.
Old 7th December 2019, 20:32   #4003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
The beep when locking sounds terrible. I would have hated it if the Octavia had this feature, it is as bad as the reverse gear sound that some irritating folks install on their cars. Even my old Honda Civic & City do not have these beep sounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did it beep earlier in the first place? It doesn't in my MY16 Octavia, and nor are there any settings that I have noticed.

Frankly, I am happy as I detest the sound. Albeit, I need to be ultra careful to watch out for the indicators/side lights blinking to acknowledge the door lock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am also not a fan of beep / horn on door lock in cars. But it is handy to locate the car in parking lots. How do you locate your Octavia in parking lots?
Old 7th December 2019, 22:25   #4004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
For insurance, try considering National Insurance which I am also looking at . Its costs are around 1L for 3 years for zero depreciation for onyx and subsequently a bit more for L&K.
Hello Timothy - What is the IDV for this quote and is this including the 3 year 3rd party cover (which I think is around 20K+ INR in itself)? When I was checking for an IDV of 19.99L for the Onyx i.e, for one year zero dep + 3 year 3rd party insurance policy, it was around 65-70K or so from HDFC Ergo and thus the query as NI seems very impressive if the coverage is same.

Hello All - I am planning to book the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI in the coming few days. I just wanted to get some point of view whether it would be good to book now or wait till new year for better discounts? Is there any specific discounts that can be expected if booked in early Jan 2020? Also, what is the feel around the stocks for 1.8 TSI? Currently, without the Skoda insurance & extended warranty, I am getting the L&K for around 27L and Onyx for around 23.5L. I have already asked my SA to improve this, if he wishes to close the deal this month.
Old 7th December 2019, 22:51   #4005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
Would you know if Octavia 1.4MT Ambition is available as well? If yes, are similar discounts applicable? I had heard they stopped its production.
Apologies, no authentic info on this. To my knowledge, it is not available.
pnvsagar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed