Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2019, 15:52   #4036
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post
Road tax should be on the invoice price not the listed price - but changes from state to state.

On a different note, my SA just updated that Skoda has no plans to produce quartz gray in December. This, after waiting patiently for the last 20 days. What a disappointment! Looks like my Skoda journey is ending before it started.
Hi All - I am due for my Octavia L&K delivery sometime early next week. Shall keep you all posted on the final RTO charges. I am in the process of paying the final amount to the dealership and the total amount is as per what I had agreed to for the deal.
At Bangalore, I assume the charges above 20L is at 18%. If there are no other charges from RTO then on the listed price of 23,59,599 - the RTO charges should be INR 424,727.82. Even after all the reductions, the RTO charges that has been quoted to me is higher than the said number.
However, as per the price list the RTO charges is listed to be INR 473,685 - is anyone aware why is this so much higher than the 18% amount?

May be someone who has taken a recent delivery can share some insights.

With regards to the color of your choice, you can push for the same or contact Skoda's customer care if you are really interested. Initially the SA from the dealership suggested that the Magic Black is not available and I had to escalate the same to the Skoda customer care to ensure I get the color of my choice. This was post booking the car, as I was undecided on the color by then - and SA had suggested that all colors shall be available before the booking.

Additionally, I wanted to check on the tyre change on the Octavia. I am planning to swap the Goodyear NCT5 to Michelin Primacy4ST immediately. Which tyre shop in Bangalore would be the best to deal with and would provide the best buy back? Anyone has a recent experience?
Else, anyone of the forum who would be interested for the Goodyear's - do let me know!
vickyP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 16:41   #4037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Shall keep you all posted on the final RTO charges. I am in the process of paying the final amount to the dealership and the total amount is as per what I had agreed to for the deal.
At Bangalore, I assume the charges above 20L is at 18%. If there are no other charges from RTO then on the listed price of 23,59,599 - the RTO charges should be INR 424,727.82. Even after all the reductions, the RTO charges that has been quoted to me is higher than the said number.
However, as per the price list the RTO charges is listed to be INR 473,685 - is anyone aware why is this so much higher than the 18% amount?

May be someone who has taken a recent delivery can share some insights.
Hi, surprised why there is so much ambiguity about the RTO charges for KA? I'd suggest before making any final payment, ask for a formal proforma invoice on their official letterhead or via official email with the exact breakup matching with the amount demanded from you.

Trust me, if the dealer is misrepresenting the sale price to RTO, the latter can block/invalidate your registration regardless of what deal was struck with the dealer. Ask for the rupee by rupee breakdown is what I would urgently recommend.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 17:12   #4038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, surprised why there is so much ambiguity about the RTO charges for KA? I'd suggest before making any final payment, ask for a formal proforma invoice on their official letterhead or via official email with the exact breakup matching with the amount demanded from you.

Trust me, if the dealer is misrepresenting the sale price to RTO, the latter can block/invalidate your registration regardless of what deal was struck with the dealer. Ask for the rupee by rupee breakdown is what I would urgently recommend.
Yes, I have received the formal proforma invoice on the dealerships letter head. The total amount on it, along with the breakup, is as per what I had agreed and finalized the deal on.
On the proforma invoice, the RTO charges are less than the listed amount on their price list - but yet higher than 18% of even the original ex-showroom of INR 23,59,599. So I would not surprised if the RTO charges are actually lower than what they print on the original price list that the dealership initially shares.

Last edited by vickyP : 17th December 2019 at 17:13. Reason: Correcting the statement
Old 17th December 2019, 19:03   #4039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Well, it is more of a rounded off number - but I know it includes loyalty bonus (as I currently own a VW Vento) and also some benefits due to lower RTO charges in effect from the lowered ex-showroom.
2.3L ? Did you have to bargain hard ? Because in Chennai I'm getting a maximum of not more than 1.25lakhs as discount. That too the price touches 27.3L without Extended Warranty. Who is the dealer that you're dealing with? I'll try getting mine from there too.
Old 17th December 2019, 22:06   #4040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post

On a different note, my SA just updated that Skoda has no plans to produce quartz gray in December. This, after waiting patiently for the last 20 days. What a disappointment! Looks like my Skoda journey is ending before it started.
Check with another dealer as the Quartz Grey is available in Delhi. One dealer told me that Black is no longer available but another dealer had black in stock

Hi Gentlemen,
Today I finally paid the booking deposit for 1.8 Tsi L&K with delivery scheduled for early jan. At the moment I am not taking the extended warranty, as the dealer informed me that the warranty on the car is for 4 years and on the Gearbox for 6 years. Is this correct ? Can the folks who have recently bought the Octavia confirm this ?

Look forward to your views. Cheers !

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th December 2019 at 14:11. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 13:16   #4041
BHPian

Hi All,

Of late I was feeling slight vibrations when the RPMs were in the region of 1k to 1.25k. This happened at the take off stage as well as cruising stage when you depress the accelerator and RPMs reach around this range. Acceleration and high speed manners have all been good.

Today I went to the local service station and showed them my car. They acknowledge the problem and explained to me that there can be 3 reasons. There could be damage to under body or there could be problem with engine mount or there could be some problem with Fly Wheel assembly.

They scrutinized the car for under body damage and all seemed fine. Now I have given the car for service as well as identifying the problem causing vibrations. Has anyone else faced this type of problem. I am also wondering how Fly Wheel could cause vibrations.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 15:26   #4042
BHPian

Weird sound while accelerating / decelerating (2019 Skoda Octavia Diesel AT)

Hey guys,

So I bought my 3rd Skoda just a couple of days back. This time it is the 2019 Skoda Octavia L & K Diesel AT. After just 2 days from the day I took the delivery I could hear a very weird sound coming from the engine bay every time I accelerate and decelerate. I have already made a complaint at the Skoda workshop JMD Bhandup. They checked the car and sent it back saying that it is an operational sound. I test drove their test-drive car too which DID NOT have that sound while 2 other cars which had come for service did have that sound - but at a very miniscule decibel scale if you compare it to my car. While that sound in the other car was only audible at D1-D2 gears under harsh acc & deceleration, my car make the same sound at a much higher decibel level from D1-D5. This sound is quite similar to the sound coming either from Engine / transmission mounting. Is there anyone else who has experienced the same. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2019, 16:11   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
They scrutinized the car for under body damage and all seemed fine. Now I have given the car for service as well as identifying the problem causing vibrations. Has anyone else faced this type of problem. I am also wondering how Fly Wheel could cause vibrations.
The problem could be in the engine mounts. An issue with flywheel generally doesn't cause vibrations as such. But they can cause rattling while idling the car. Did your car have any abnormal rattle while idling?
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 10:55   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
The problem could be in the engine mounts. An issue with flywheel generally doesn't cause vibrations as such. But they can cause rattling while idling the car. Did your car have any abnormal rattle while idling?
Yesterday evening I received a call from them and they suggested change of Fly Wheel. Total cost would come to around 55K.

My car has run only for about 43K. Is it ok for Fly Wheel to go kaput around this mileage?

I am a bit confused here. The sound/feeling is more like something which goes away when you press clutch in a manual car. And car definitely vibrates more than earlier. For me its more of a vibration issue. According to them its vibration + rattling.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 11:33   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
At the moment I am not taking the extended warranty, as the dealer informed me that the warranty on the car is for 4 years and on the Gearbox for 6 years. Is this correct ? Cheers !
Just everyone's info, I reconfirmed with with Dealer branch head (who checked with Skoda ) and called me back an hour after I spoke with him that indeed the gearbox comes with a 6 year warranty.

Last edited by Timothy : 19th December 2019 at 11:35. Reason: grammatical correction
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 11:43   #4046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening I received a call from them and they suggested change of Fly Wheel. Total cost would come to around 55K.

My car has run only for about 43K. Is it ok for Fly Wheel to go kaput around this mileage?
Is your's a TDI or a TSI? Anyway, 43K km seems unusually low for an Octavia's flywheel to pack up.

For some cars it is common like for the Cruze with it's heavy body and powerful engine, the clutch and DMF usually required replacement at 40-50K km when used in city traffic.

Can you take it to another dealer and get a second opinion? The cost sounds about okay I feel.

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th December 2019 at 11:46.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 12:00   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is your's a TDI or a TSI? Anyway, 43K km seems unusually low for an Octavia's flywheel to pack up.

For some cars it is common like for the Cruze with it's heavy body and powerful engine, the clutch and DMF usually required replacement at 40-50K km when used in city traffic.

Can you take it to another dealer and get a second opinion? The cost sounds about okay I feel.
Mine is TDI. Unfortunately we have only one dealer in whole Gujarat. So I don't have any other option. My concern is their diagnosis. If it really is Fly Wheel, I would prefer to get it changed at authorised service station.
Old 19th December 2019, 12:43   #4048
BHPian

Any idea about discounts on the Octavia in Mumbai?

Dealer is saying only 50k corporate discount.
Old 19th December 2019, 14:11   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is TDI. Unfortunately we have only one dealer in whole Gujarat. So I don't have any other option. My concern is their diagnosis. If it really is Fly Wheel, I would prefer to get it changed at authorised service station.
On my Laura TDI there was a distinct khat khat type of sound when the flywheel was just starting to go bad specially at idle speeds. This was around the 65,000 km mark. Never felt any vibrations. I replaced it at my trusted FNG at about 1/2 the showroom price.

My Octavia TDI is at 65,000 km now and i do not notice any abnormality. Have it thoroughly checked for the mounts and other suspension components as well.
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 02:06   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit confused here. The sound/feeling is more like something which goes away when you press clutch in a manual car. And car definitely vibrates more than earlier. For me its more of a vibration issue. According to them its vibration + rattling.
I'm afraid it's the fly wheel. In VAG cars, with some bad luck, flywheel can go bad this early.

Anyway have the car checked at a good FNG to confirm the issue. But I suggest you do the replacement from the authorised service center only.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks