Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 10:04   #4336
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjeev911 View Post
The battery on my Astraea (2017 Octy 2.0 TDI Style Plus) gave up all of a sudden yesterday. Looking for replacing the battery outside today. Hope that this does not void the 4 year warranty! I was surprised that my battery lasted 3 years almost.
Please check with the service center. They told me not to get the battery from outside and if done so, they will mention it in the service history as a comment ( "external part" ) . Not sure if it will affect the warranty or not.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 11:01   #4337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Please check with the service center. They told me not to get the battery from outside and if done so, they will mention it in the service history as a comment ( "external part" ) . Not sure if it will affect the warranty or not.
Agree, go ahead and buy from outside but do check the service centre rate too. Hope you've bought the 5 + 6 warranty too?
Old 17th February 2020, 21:30   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree, go ahead and buy from outside but do check the service centre rate too. Hope you've bought the 5 + 6 warranty too?

I just got myself the Exide Mileage FMLO-MLDIN60 Battery for ₹6200/- with 4 year warranty. According to the guy I purchased it from, it's equivalent of the VAS Exide Battery part# 5KO 915 105 D

I have not got the 5+6 Warranty. I am on the final year of my original warranty.

B/w I got her second hand last March at 6444 km. She has covered ~16000 km since then with me.

Quote:

Thank You for the headsup.
Astraea is due for service this week due to mileage. Let me check how it goes during the service at Gurudev Chennai.
Old 17th February 2020, 21:56   #4339
BHPian

Are Onyx Diesel AT variants still available with dealers if yes any offers expected and how much? By the way, I'm looking for a vehicle in Bangalore or Thrissur / Cochin. Did anyone here approach any dealers recently?
Cheers!
Old 18th February 2020, 17:41   #4340
BHPian

Hi Folks,
I just ordered last eve. a boot mat for my L&K 1.8 Tsi from Aliexpress ( Buildreamen2 For Skoda Octavia Sedan Hatchback Car Trunk Mat Tray Boot Liner Floor Cargo Carpet Pad 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 ) .
Can somebody please take a look and advise if the mat covers the two raised sections of the boot also. The problem is that the L&K model has a woofer on the left hand raised section of the boot, which is specific I think to the L&K model only. Do you advise if I should go ahead with it and cut the extra bit out or there anything available specifically for the L&K model on Aliexpress or elsewhere. Look forward to your views / suggestions. Thank You in advance !!

Last edited by Timothy : 18th February 2020 at 18:02. Reason: addition of some words
Old 23rd February 2020, 10:48   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Took my car out for the first time after the first year service last weekend and found that the rear AC vent is completely blocked/cut off.
AC vent cleaning was done during the service, wondering if it had something to do with this. Has anyone faced the same issue? Rear AC vents were working fine when I gave the car for service.
Visited the service center yesterday. Although they didn't admit that the rear ac vent broke during the vent cleaning, they indirectly admitted by processing the change of the part under warranty. Also they agreed to send a mechanic to my home to install the spare part as it would take 3-4 days to reach.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 19:26   #4342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Visited the service center yesterday. Although they didn't admit that the rear ac vent broke during the vent cleaning, they indirectly admitted by processing the change of the part under warranty. Also they agreed to send a mechanic to my home to install the spare part as it would take 3-4 days to reach.
Glad to hear they kind of owned up. Those dratted AC vents are a complete pain, and are just too delicate for prolonged use.

Vinayak cleaned the AC vents on my first service and potentially damaged the center right slider. Unfortunately, it came apart 10 days after the service, and I had no real recourse. Tried to claim under warranty but was refused as it is a 'wear-and-tear' part. Seems replacement is easily 10K+, and they will need to dismantle part of the dashboard to access it. Have lived it since then.

LED replacements for front/back turn indicators:
Has anyone fitted such replacement bulbs? Lot of Osram & Philips W5W now available on Amazon IN.

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd February 2020 at 19:31.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 00:21   #4343

Hi All - Posting on behalf of friend who has a 2019 Octavia 1.8 TSI with 24000 kms on the odometer

While driving the car I suddenly got coolant level low:check owners manual message on my digital instrument cluster, after stopping the car and restarting it again the message disappeared. I called the service center of Skoda and he asked to check if the coolant level is low and if yes he asked me to top up until the given level ! When I checked it the coolant level was adequate. Could this be a sensor issue ? Or should I be more worried about it ? The service station is almost 60kms away. Can someone help and provide insight on this ?
Old 25th February 2020, 09:32   #4344
BHPian

Hi I drive a 2017 Skoda Octavia diesel Style plus. Can anyone please tell me the battery specification for diesel? I see different specs mentioned 60Ah, 74 Ah etc. My battery was replaced by my brother and he has replaced with Exide mileage FMLO-MLDIN60. However, I am not sure this is the right replacement for for Diesel. Can someone share a pic of the the OEM battery so that I can try and look to get this exchanged.
Many Thanks...
Old 25th February 2020, 19:05   #4345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Hi I drive a 2017 Skoda Octavia diesel Style plus. Can anyone please tell me the battery specification for diesel? I see different specs mentioned 60Ah, 74 Ah etc. My battery...
Mine is a 2019 TDI Style MT
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190901_122143.jpg  

Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 19:21   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I drive a 2017 Skoda Octavia diesel Style plus.
AFAIK, the 60AH spec is better suited for Petrol, and the diesel requires more power to start up. You may get a hiccup during starts later in the life of the battery.

If you're getting a better rating battery, I'd also recommend switching from Exide to Amaron. My experiences with Exide for all vehicles incl. the Octavia has not been very positive. Amarons last longer.
Old 26th February 2020, 14:21   #4347
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I drive a 2017 Skoda Octavia diesel Style plus. Can anyone please tell me the battery specification for diesel? I see different specs mentioned 60Ah, 74 Ah etc. My battery was replaced by my brother and he has replaced with Exide mileage FMLO-MLDIN60. However, I am not sure this is the right replacement for for Diesel. Can someone share a pic of the the OEM battery so that I can try and look to get this exchanged.
Many Thanks...

Hi. I also replaced myStyle Plus battery with MLDIN60 Exide battery. I had an Exide 60Ah rating battery originally on my car! Not sure if it is the wrong one.
Old 26th February 2020, 19:47   #4348
BHPian

Now thats really funny. Thats what I ve been seeing around too. A lot of diesels have batteries with ratings of 60, 72 and 74 Ah. Still no conclusion .
Btw thanks for your quick response guys. I hope I conclude by the weekend...
Old 26th February 2020, 20:09   #4349
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyway they suddenly die after ~ 2 years with minimal warning! Relax and enjoy your ride :-)
Old 27th February 2020, 12:57   #4350

I Just got an Octavia l&k diesel a few months back. The car is wonderful but whenever I fill it up with fuel (completely full) then i can hear the fuel in the fuel tank i.e. whenever i accelerate and brake, I can hear a thud as if the fuel is shifting in the tank. It goes away after the fuel level drops a bit.

Do others have the same experience in their cars?
Cause none of the other cars I've ever driven have caused such an issue, that is more like a nuisance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks