Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 13:39   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Just visited Nissan Trivandrum showroom.

Top end costs 14.70 lac OTR at Trivandrum

Couldn't TD as both cars had gone out. The one in pix is the petrol version.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-wp_20131124_11_21_16_pro-large.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-wp_20131124_11_21_32_pro-large.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-wp_20131124_11_22_10_pro-large.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-wp_20131124_11_45_44_pro-large.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 20:27   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just visited Nissan Trivandrum showroom.

Top end costs 14.70 lac OTR at Trivandrum...
What is the lead times for delivery? Any idea on the bookings they have?
Old 25th November 2013, 17:59   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congrats and all the best for a happy long association. Can you share us the Model info and the Price Split-up with any discounts got?
Thank you.

Model Info: Terrano 85 PS, Diesel, XL variant, Sapphire Black

Price split:
Ex-showroom Bangalore - 10,85,256
RTO - 2,04,788
Insurance - 40,009
Handling charges - 8000

Final Price - INR 13,38,053

Absolutely no discounts . I will upload pictures soon.

Here is my new Terrano. Looked in Google and in one of the sites read that Terrano means, Hippo. It does look like a Hippo .
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-team-bhp.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th November 2013 at 16:41. Reason: One logical post
ArunP_Terry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 18:45   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What is the lead times for delivery? Any idea on the bookings they have?
Didnt ask that but there are few on road here.
Was interesting to find that there are queries for petrol and hence the one at showroom.

RTO @BLR! wow, almost a lac or so extra compared to Tvm price.

Congrats Arun.

Last edited by jkdas : 25th November 2013 at 18:46.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 16:30   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunP_Terry View Post
Here is my new Terrano. Looked in Google and in one of the sites read that Terrano means, Hippo. It does look like a Hippo.
Hi Arun, congrats! Just so that you feel bit better, the Shahwar experience was not that great either. Got my 85PS couple of weeks back.

Btw, the tires I have are the Apollo. Did you get the MRF ones by any chance?

Variant: XL 85PS Plus
Color: Bronze Grey

Took delivery of my Terrano... finally! ...On a rainy Saturday evening at Queens Road showroom. Haven't had the opportunity to click a lot of snaps in daylight as I was down with fever the very next day

Accessories added - Projectors for the doors (Nissan), Mirror blinkers, Exhaust extension, Extra horn.

Have only driven the vehicle for around 100Kms till now. I know it is not enough to write up a full fledged review, but here are few of my first impressions.

Ergonomics & Interiors - Still getting used to the switch in controls for lights & wipers (left-right). The wiper gets activated every time I take the turn "damn". Haven't evaluated the all round quality of plastics, but the switches on the reading lamps definitely feel cheap and flimsy. I am trying not to fiddle with it a lot cause you get that feeling it is going to come off anytime. There is enough storage space on the doors and the glove box is deep enough, but I miss the small voids that were available next to the gear lever in my i10. The external rear view mirrors can be operated with the hand brakes not being pulled up (don't know what's the fuzz).

Ride & Handling - For a person like me who has been riding Hyundais and Marutis all along, the ride this car provides is a significant improvement. There is no need to zig zag over a pothole stretch on the road as I would have done with my previous vehicles. Keeping real world challenges in mind I was more concerned about the car's handling in Bangalore's stop go traffic conditions, than it's performance on the highway. As major part of my driving was going to be in the city (reason to opt for the 85PS) I always thought the bigger size of the Terrano and the lesser horses might cause trouble. But from the time I took to the driver's seat the car has been inspiring confidence and despite it's size it is really easy to navigate through narrow gullies.

Turbo & Clutch - This is my first diesel, so still getting used to the Turbo. I see that braking, slowing down and then taking off requires a different driving approach in a diesel The clutch is not heavy IMO. But I have heard that the 110 is different in both these aspects. There is no dead pedal next to the clutch, that's Ok. But where is the space to keep my left feet!

Mileage - Had filled up full tank on the day of delivery. No change in the fuel gauge so far. But guess it is too early to tell.

Will be driving around this weekend and getting lot more closer to the machine. Waiting for other Terrano owners to contribute to this thread as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-578136_10202151925333332_900250831_n.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 27th November 2013 at 21:13. Reason: back to back posts.
anil_neo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 21:36   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post

Mileage - Had filled up full tank on the day of delivery. No change in the fuel gauge so far. But guess it is too early to tell.

Thanks Anil.

I have driven over 600kms till now. I have driven for about 450 kms on highway and the other 150 inside Bangalore.

The average reading of mileage is 15.8 KM/L. I have not crossed 2500 RPM(for the first 1500 KMS) as advised in the manual.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:02   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunP_Terry View Post
Thanks Anil.

I have driven over 600kms till now. I have driven for about 450 kms on highway and the other 150 inside Bangalore.

The average reading of mileage is 15.8 KM/L. I have not crossed 2500 RPM(for the first 1500 KMS) as advised in the manual.
Where have you driven it to on the highway? Mine has reached 350KM all in Bangaluru traffic. So once the tank hits empty it should set a benchmark in real world city fuel consumption.

Noise level: Noise level inside the cabin is pretty good at low revs. No rattling when hitting potholes. I hear the engine only after it crosses around 1800rpm.

Drive computer: I was not able to view Fuel range, Average Fuel consumption etc. from the display. Just has the Odo and trip meter. I admit, I haven't read the manual thoroughly

Driver Seating: Been struggling to get the right seating position. My neck hurts like hell, so I had to get a neck pillow yesterday. Will see if it improves after attempting a variety of positions. (Nissan needs to come out with a Kamasutra for the perfect seating)
Old 28th November 2013, 14:23   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Drive computer: I was not able to view Fuel range, Average Fuel consumption etc. from the display. Just has the Odo and trip meter. I admit, I haven't read the manual thoroughly
The wiper stalk on the right side has a button at the end. Press it to toggle between various trip computer readings. The readings are reset when you reset trip meter at the instrument gauge. The fuel consumption display on console is pretty much close to real world readings on my Duster. So I believe it will be similar for you as well.

For the seats I found it a lot comforting after I got artificial leather covers. It increased the stiffness of the seats which made a big difference for me.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 14:53   #234
Senior - BHPian

This is not meant to make fun but seriously, is the Terrano really selling? I haven't managed to see one in East Bangalore.
Old 28th November 2013, 15:04   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
This is not meant to make fun but seriously, is the Terrano really selling? I haven't managed to see one in East Bangalore.
The Duster-Terrano combined have become the bread winners for their manufacturers and going strong.

Let the figures speak for themselves;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3282869
Old 28th November 2013, 16:25   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The wiper stalk on the right side has a button at the end. Press it to toggle between various trip computer readings. The readings are reset when you reset trip meter at the instrument gauge. The fuel consumption display on console is pretty much close to real world readings on my Duster. So I believe it will be similar for you as well.

For the seats I found it a lot comforting after I got artificial leather covers. It increased the stiffness of the seats which made a big difference for me.
Thanks Hillman! Just figured that I have driven at an average speed of 14Km/Hr and my average mileage is 12Km/L
Old 28th November 2013, 16:51   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Hillman! Just figured that I have driven at an average speed of 14Km/Hr and my average mileage is 12Km/L
I am maintaining fuel log from day one. I saw similar city figures as well. The mileage seems to improve after around 3500kms.

I didnt see any difference in performance after first service, so dont have any anticipations. The engine gradually improves on itself, so break-in period is important.
Old 29th November 2013, 12:18   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I hope that lasts for a while. Until now I have been getting reactions like "Look, what is that car?" "Nissan what?" "U mean Xtrail right?"
Old 29th November 2013, 14:13   #239
BHPian

Saw a Terrano last week while driving in Banjara Hills. I was driving my Duster and the Terrano was in front of me. It definitely looks more premium than the Duster from the behind.
The car had few accessories which made it look even more up class. I liked the metal/chrome plate on the base of the boot and also the fact that the ORVMs had blinkers.
When I enquired about these at the Renault showroom, I was told that these are not standard Renault equipment. I would be surprised if they are company made for the Terrano. Although it does make it look pretty good.
Old 29th November 2013, 20:26   #240
Team-BHP Support

Good news for Terrano owners. One of my VP's has just taken delivery of 110PS XL version Nissan Terrano.

Based on our review he was disappointed with some important features missing like speed based auto door lock. After getting Terrano delivery he stumbled upon a way to program this feature!!! Later on he discovered that's in the manual as well.

Here's a snapshot of the Terrano Manual which mentions how to enable or disable it:

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20131129_144429.jpg

I told this to Ampere who tried it on his 2012 85 PS Duster but it did not work. The Duster manual also has no mention of this.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed