Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 20:55   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Blade Silver XL - Petrol
Good choice. Hope to see ownership review on petrol version.

Happy and safe driving
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 13:25   #272
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Is there any design constraint monocoque SUVs face that prevents it from getting the full height of a real-SUV? Will increasing the height to conventional SUV levels result in increased body-roll in these monocoques? Or is it just a new trend in styling? May be we are just new to the concept of compact-SUV and as time passes, we will get used to this.
I think you have your answers in those queries. Compact SUVs don't have the power or the frames to support taller, bigger bodies & at the same time provide similar dynamics of bigger vehicles. We have many examples of Indian car makers making big, tall MUVs and SUVs that rock n roll like hell on the highways. Ecosport is a great car to drive because the designers have not added anything more than what a 100PS(approx) engine can take around.
And that is why I try not to park next to a Fortuner

Quote:
Booked Silver with
1) Leather Seat covers
2) Reverse camera
3) LED ORVM Blinkers
4) Trunk Guard
5) Leather Steering Wheel
6) Floor Mats + Trunk Mats (Carpet)
7) Muf Flaps

10.95 On Road + 16k for these accessories

Blade Silver XL - Petrol
Surprised you got all those accessories from the dealer for 16k! How much are the leather seat covers?
anil_neo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 16:32   #273
BHPian

I dont have the price breakup, the dealer is a known family friend so I am sure it was discounted somewhere.

Update: The Reverse Camera is not the Official Nissan one, they dont have those in stock yet so I am not taking it until it comes in.

Even he said that in the future, having NON Nissan equipment can cause issues with Warranty with certain dealers, obviously not the one I am getting the car from.

Official NISSAN reverse sensor (audible only) are 3k. Worth it?
Old 10th December 2013, 21:53   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Official NISSAN reverse sensor (audible only) are 3k. Worth it?
I believe the 3K one has 3 sensors. Do cross verify.

I'd recommend the one with 4 sensor. I have on my Duster. It is pretty sensitive. Beeps for a little plant as well and rear coverage is good.

The sensor activates on slotting reverse gear. The display starts at a distance of 1.6meters and the beep pitch keeps going higher as the car closes in to the obstruction. I can go up to 0.3, my comfort zone ends there
Old 11th December 2013, 06:06   #275
BHPian

Yes, the 3k one only has 3 sensors. I confirmed with them and also saw it at the show room before so I can recall that.

Ill check with them on the 4 sensor part, otherwise Ill get it aftermarket.
Old 11th December 2013, 10:22   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Mine cost total 4.8K for the sensor and display including fittings. I got it done at Renault at the time of delivery itself. The display is setup on far left corner on the Dashboard, so is convenient while reversing and watching the ORVM.

Old 11th December 2013, 11:35   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the 3k one only has 3 sensors. I confirmed with them and also saw it at the show room before so I can recall that.

Weird but are these accessories car-specific? When I bought my Sunny last year, I got a NISSAN reverse sensor with 4 sensors and a small rectangular display unit on the dash which highlights the distance (picks up objects 2 meters away) for ~4.5k. This one is very effective and looks good too with the orange backlit display on the display unit. Surprised this is not being offered with Terrano. See Page 3 of this thread for snaps of the unit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-update-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Mine cost total 4.8K for the sensor and display including fittings. I got it done at Renault at the time of delivery itself. The display is setup on far left corner on the Dashboard, so is convenient while reversing and watching the ORVM.
@ Hillman, was this an official Renault accessory? Else you can get the same stuff much cheaper. I got one installed in my new i10 for ~1800 at Reliance Autozone, HSR Layout and it works like a charm. Came with 4 sensors and a display like the one in your snap and is sensitive from ~1.25 metres onwards. Hyundai was selling the same one at around 4000 at the dealership !
Old 11th December 2013, 11:57   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
@ Hillman, was this an official Renault accessory? Else you can get the same stuff much cheaper.
It doesn't say its an official accessory anywhere, even on the warranty card or booklet. The fitting was done at Trident Renault and the accessory team mentioned it will be covered under 12 months warranty similar to repairs as the fitting is done at authorized dealership. The fit an finish is perfect.

It was a necessary add-on given the size of the vehicle and blind spots at the rear. I wanted to have it before taking the wheels.
After spending close to 12L, it wasn't wise to risk warranty for a small saving on a car just out of showroom.

Last edited by HillMan : 11th December 2013 at 12:00.
Old 11th December 2013, 14:04   #279
BHPian

Here is the one linked on Nissan's official accessories list.

According to them, its a 3 sensor install, but some other dealerships say its a 4 sensor install.

Anyway, ill hold off until I get some info after taking delivery.

EDIT: Dealership said Originally it will have only 3 sensors, but the accessory will include 4.

Last edited by dhruvmalik : 11th December 2013 at 14:25.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 14:54   #280
BHPian

Quote:
EDIT: Dealership said Originally it will have only 3 sensors, but the accessory will include 4.
If your car came with integrated reverse parking (3 sensors). i'd keep it that way. The holes to be cut for 4 sensor have different position compared to 3 sensor. It may leave sore spots on the bumper.
Old 11th December 2013, 19:42   #281
BHPian

I dont have any sensors in XL version. Its all after the fact stuff.
Old 13th December 2013, 09:57   #282
BHPian

Just found out its Rs. 47,000 for the Alloy Wheels. Thats a bit too much. Any good site to go for Rims in India?
Old 13th December 2013, 11:34   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the one linked on Nissan's official accessories list.

According to them, its a 3 sensor install, but some other dealerships say its a 4 sensor install.

Anyway, ill hold off until I get some info after taking delivery.

I got the same fitted on my fathers micra cvt. It has 4 sensors and displays an indication where the obstruction is, i.e. it shows signals of 1 or 2 sensors when an object is near those sensors. Hope you got the point. Thanks.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 13:39   #284
BHPian

To all my fellow BHPians in Bangalore, I am planning to book Terrano and am not sure from which Dealer should I go with - Shawar or Surya. Requesting anyone who has recently booked one to share the booking experience and possible things to watch out for.

Mods- Please delete the post if this is not the appropriate thread for this post.

Thanks.
Old 14th December 2013, 13:46   #285
BHPian

Nissan offering Rs.10,000/- discount on the Terrano in Delhi !!

Most Viewed