Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2013, 14:02   #286
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Nissan offering Rs.10,000/- discount on the Terrano in Delhi !!
Is it part of the GOSF scheme where you get a accessories voucher worth 10k with Terrano?
Old 14th December 2013, 16:28   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
On road,Terrano looks even shorter than Duster. When I checked the specs, it is 2 cms shorter than Duster. Though 2 cms may not matter much, I always felt that even Duster was way too short to be called an SUV ( or Soft-roader or Compact-SUV or whatever it is called these days).Even Ecosport is just almost as tall as a WagonR only.To me, height is one of the primary features that define an SUV. Height gives it that macho look and presence that differentiates it from hatchbacks. Because of this reason,I have never felt Ecosport as a compact-SUV. To me, its just a swollen hatchback. Is there any design constraint monocoque SUVs face that prevents it from getting the full height of a real-SUV? Will increasing the height to conventional SUV levels result in increased body-roll in these monocoques? Or is it just a new trend in styling? May be we are just new to the concept of compact-SUV and as time passes, we will get used to this.
Even I have the same complaint with the new SUVs. Even the Audi Q7 is short, it must be some design theme that everyone is following

The Mercedes SUVs have the height, the BMW ones are somewhere in between. If you see the BMW X1, even that is very short
Old 14th December 2013, 18:13   #288
BHPian

The slight variation is size is only due to the new design at the front and rear. I am sure it is from the shape of the bumpers and nothing more.

As part of design element keeping the height low has an advantage of lower center of gravity, helps corner, and the wheels look bigger, giving it a macho appeal.

IMO, As the cities get cluttered and the roads are crowding, the focus in on vehicles that look large to satisfy our egos yet be functional to maneuver well in the city.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 22:07   #289
BHPian

Hi guys,

Booked Nissan Terrano 85PS XL plus today with Shahwar Nissan. They have promised the delivery in next 15-20 days. I have decided to go for the insurance on my own as the insurance quotes provided by dealers are ridiculous. Wanted to know what are my options for a zero dep?
Old 16th December 2013, 06:54   #290
BHPian

Congrats Phoenix_Nemo!!!

It should take around that time to get the car delivered, the diesel model's are available all around.

Checkout policy bazaar or something along those lines to see who gives you a better quote.

What color did you decide on?
Old 16th December 2013, 07:49   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Hi guys,

Booked Nissan Terrano 85PS XL plus today with Shahwar Nissan. They have promised the delivery in next 15-20 days. I have decided to go for the insurance on my own as the insurance quotes provided by dealers are ridiculous. Wanted to know what are my options for a zero dep?
Like #dhruvmalik mentioned, do check on Policy bazaar and then give a call to the help line numbers of the ones with best rates. They can confirm the pricing (online may not be the most accurate and might miss on riders) based on the riders.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 08:12   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Like #dhruvmalik mentioned, do check on Policy bazaar and then give a call to the help line numbers of the ones with best rates. They can confirm the pricing (online may not be the most accurate and might miss on riders) based on the riders.
oddly enough when I went to Policy Bazaar, they did not have the Petrol variant listed and got a quote of 81k.

I dropped the notion of going with them, and then got a call a day later from the Rep in Gurgaon asking if I was interested. Of course I wasnt as I had to select the diesel version which my car isnt and no way at the rate of 81k.

She said she will check with her supervisor who will call me back. I got a call a few hours later stating that the price is lower at 67k and that there is no Petrol version of the Terrano and I must be confused and have booked the X-Trail.

I asked them whether a person booking a 11 lac car would confuse himself to a 20 lac car? And that I am stupid enough to book a car without knowing it inside and out.

He stated he will check again and call me back; before hanging up I suggested he go to Nissan.in and just check it out.

He called me back saying the price is lower at 54k and still there isnt a petrol version available.

Thanks Policy "Bizzar", but I got the Insurance from my dealer at 42k.
Old 16th December 2013, 10:16   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Thanks Policy "Bizzar", but I got the Insurance from my dealer at 42k.
As I mentioned the online system may not be up to date.

Try Bharti Axa, my last two insurance quotes was the best from them. Without any bargaining. Call their helpline.
Old 16th December 2013, 11:26   #294
BHPian

Quote:
As I mentioned the online system may not be up to date.

Try Bharti Axa, my last two insurance quotes was the best from them. Without any bargaining. Call their helpline.
That's who my Dealership is giving the insurance from.
Old 16th December 2013, 12:31   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you go directly, then you will get a better quote as dealers always will add their margins - in some cases upto ~20%. The advantage here is that you will get a better quote and the dealer can NOT deny you anything with respect to warranty claims too as it's the same provider.
Old 16th December 2013, 13:25   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed with #swiftnfurious . Go directly. Call the toll free number. They will get you a quote in no time.
Old 16th December 2013, 17:11   #297
BHPian

@ dhruvmalik - Thanks. I have booked Bronze grey. I liked red and black but both were unavailable and Dealer refused to promise a date if I were to go with these colors. According to him, Nissan is not making Terranos in these colors for sometime. Silver was too plain for me and my father bought a sterling grey last week. So, I dint have much option you see

About the insurance, i refused to take the insurance from dealer as he was quoting around 48k for a zero dep, got in touch with a guy through my loan agent who is quoting TATA AIG at 28k. Now, my question is- Is TATA AIG any good? (he has agreed to provide quotes from ICICI, Bharti and Bajaj, but he is all praises for TATA). Am a little ignorant when it comes to insurance. Can you suggest which one would be the best to go with in case of claims, etc.

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2013, 18:01   #298
BHPian

Quote:
@ dhruvmalik - Thanks. I have booked Bronze grey. I liked red and black but both were unavailable and Dealer refused to promise a date if I were to go with these colors. According to him, Nissan is not making Terranos in these colors for sometime. Silver was too plain for me and my father bought a sterling grey last week. So, I dint have much option you see

About the insurance, i refused to take the insurance from dealer as he was quoting around 48k for a zero dep, got in touch with a guy through my loan agent who is quoting TATA AIG at 28k. Now, my question is- Is TATA AIG any good? (he has agreed to provide quotes from ICICI, Bharti and Bajaj, but he is all praises for TATA). Am a little ignorant when it comes to insurance. Can you suggest which one would be the best to go with in case of claims, etc.

Thanks.
I personally cannot comment on that front. I was going to book the Bronze Grey but from all the feedback I have received from the dealers all over Gujarat, they have said it will be a bit of a pain after a year if you don't get a wax / polishing job every few months. Also Nissan has said to be changing the coating on Bronze Grey to ensure the sheen lasts.

3 most popular colors are the Bronze Grey, Blade Silver and the ever so famous, Pearl White.
Old 16th December 2013, 18:26   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Now, my question is- Is TATA AIG any good?
Do verify zero dep is part of the riders and also the IDV for the quote. The IDV has a big play in the calculated premium.

I've used Tata AIG before. Haven't faced any issues with them.
Old 16th December 2013, 18:48   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Do verify zero dep is part of the riders and also the IDV for the quote. The IDV has a big play in the calculated premium.

I've used Tata AIG before. Haven't faced any issues with them.
Thanks Hillman. Got quotes from TATA AIG (28 k) and ICICI (40k) for zero dep for same IDV. I am unable to understand this huge difference in two quotes, although ICICI guy is claiming that this would be the most hassle-free insurance with multiple claims every year. What makes me wonder is that whether this difference of 12k is worth it, I mean how many times do we claim our insurance more than 1-2 times a year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks