Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 17:40   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I wasnt sure whether the synthetic protection he is referring to is the PPF or not.
No it is not PPF. This is a film they sick over painted surface. It is scratch resistant like the scratch guard we stick to our phone screens. I wouldn't recommended it for light colored cars. I got them done only for the ORVMs cost me 1255.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assem...ml#post3200524

I believe the 4800 package includes sealant. Give it a few days to settle down. Then you can wash normally. Wet wipe with a bucket of water is good. It maintains the gloss for a long time. Wax and polish it later when required.

Last edited by HillMan : 9th January 2014 at 18:04.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 18:30   #407
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Sounds good. So you wouldnt recommend the PPF stuff on Silver? I have a lot of bushes around my house (Road) where it could scratch.
Old 9th January 2014, 20:02   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good. So you wouldnt recommend the PPF stuff on Silver? I have a lot of bushes around my house (Road) where it could scratch.
Think of a transparent sellotape on a light color smooth surface. There will be dust on the edges and you can see the tape lining clearly.

It will look good only if you cover entire panels and not just strips of the PPF at strategic locations. Like entire bonnet or fenders instead of a two inch strip around the curve edges.

On silver, scratches are hardly visible and gloss from waxing will easily hide those. You already have a clear coat on the paint to save you from soft blunt objects, like bushes, unless they are pushed hard on the body.

Here is a link for few popular paint protection:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html

Last edited by HillMan : 9th January 2014 at 20:04.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 07:37   #409
BHPian

I was primarily thinking of getting PPF on ORVM's only, to protect it from hits against other car mirrors and the brushes / bushes around my house.
Old 10th January 2014, 07:57   #410
BHPian

Quote:
I was primarily thinking of getting PPF on ORVM's only, to protect it from hits against other car mirrors and the brushes / bushes around my house.
Only ORVMs is worth it. I too find it vulnerable and invariably gets scratched.
Old 10th January 2014, 08:30   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Not to offend your decision, please check the price of the orvm outer shell at the service center. For Duster, it costs only 200/- per piece and painting ~200/-. Moreover the cost of the entire assembly is ~1500-1600 per piece. Just check, is it worth to spend 1300/- to cover this cover which costs only ~800 or 900. Moreover it wont prevent any scratches due to an impact, its so delicate that a slight impact can break it. In my opinion its good to prevent scratches due to improper way of washing or something similar, but that can be easily rectified using a compound/polish depending on the depth of the scratch.

One of my friend had spent ~23K to protect the parts that are prone to scratches on a black duster, but on a small impact on the right fender it got peeled off and nothing can be done to the panel that is deformed and the minimal scratch on that impact was deep enough to enter the paint layer.

Quote:
So you wouldnt recommend the PPF stuff on Silver?
Over a period of time it has a tendency to become slightly yellowish in tint due to UV rays, so on a light color paint it will be highlighted.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 10th January 2014 at 08:46.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 09:43   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Not to offend your decision, please check the price of the orvm outer shell at the service center. For Duster, it costs only 200/- per piece and painting ~200/-. Moreover the cost of the entire assembly is ~1500-1600 per piece. Just check, is it worth to spend 1300/- to cover this cover which costs only ~800 or 900. Moreover it wont prevent any scratches due to an impact, its so delicate that a slight impact can break it. In my opinion its good to prevent scratches due to improper way of washing or something similar, but that can be easily rectified using a compound/polish depending on the depth of the scratch.

One of my friend had spent ~23K to protect the parts that are prone to scratches on a black duster, but on a small impact on the right fender it got peeled off and nothing can be done to the panel that is deformed and the minimal scratch on that impact was deep enough to enter the paint layer.

Over a period of time it has a tendency to become slightly yellowish in tint due to UV rays, so on a light color paint it will be highlighted.
Actually you have just come up with a good point and I cant believe I didnt realize that.

Getting Outer Shell in Chrome costs 1200 and Outer Shell with LED Blinkers is 1600. The cost of the PPF is 1200 or so according to 3M. I Might as well get the Outer and rock that for a while. If I get tired of the Chrome, sand it down and go to a local side road shop and get it painted Silver + Clearcoat. They charge like 300 Rs.

Ok, so that rules out PPF

EDIT: I cant find the outer shell aside from Chrome. Does Renault sell it since Nissan doesnt sell that at all.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th January 2014 at 10:02. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option within 30mins.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 21:37   #413
BHPian

I just got the ORVM Covers installed (Rs. 700); spent a few hours washing, polishing & buffing it inside and out.

Will take some pics over the weekend for you guys.
Old 11th January 2014, 15:07   #414
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Pictures Attached! Sorry for the bad quality, just took them to share quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140103_114550.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140103_122132.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140111_075048.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140111_142302.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140111_142335.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140111_142358.jpg  

dhruvmalik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 14:22   #415
BHPian

Just got back after getting the 1000 km checkup done from Shahwar Nissan. Was impressed with their professional attitude and timely completion of required tasks. Had a creaking noise for last few days coming from the front right door, so got it checked. SA advised for some lubrication of the door and minor adjustment and things seem to have improved for now. Would update in case the noise comes back.

Also, on the advice of other BHPians like Hillman, got the Engine lacquering done for Rs.1348. Found it a little on the expensive side as compare to Renault, so left a written feedback for Nissan. I hope they take all these feedback seriously.
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 16:34   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Just got back after getting the 1000 km checkup done from Shahwar Nissan. Was impressed with their professional attitude and timely completion of required tasks. Had a creaking noise for last few days coming from the front right door, so got it checked. SA advised for some lubrication of the door and minor adjustment and things seem to have improved for now. Would update in case the noise comes back.

Also, on the advice of other BHPians like Hillman, got the Engine lacquering done for Rs.1348. Found it a little on the expensive side as compare to Renault, so left a written feedback for Nissan. I hope they take all these feedback seriously.
I am going next week; I have a slight creaking noise from the dash and the roof liner near the microphone, mostly heard when going over bumps.

Spoke to the SA (he is a friend), it should all be taken care of soon.

Average now is 11.2 ish on the City roads. (done 800kms so far)
Old 19th January 2014, 02:22   #417
BHPian

One quick help from other Terrano owners, I am having difficulty resetting the trip meter. I followed the instructions as per the owners manual, but the trip meter refuses to reset. On pressing the button on the information display, there is a momentary flicker of digits, but nothing happens after that. Just wanted to reconfirm if anyone else is facing a similar problem, if yes, any clues?
Old 19th January 2014, 18:39   #418
BHPian

you need to keep holding it after the digits starts flickering. It will reset after it.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 07:54   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! 1348 definitely looks like a rip off. They just empty a spray can into the engine bay covering all parts. The can might have costed around 500 bucks.

Did they do any additional work that they charged for?
Old 20th January 2014, 09:42   #420
BHPian

Quote:
One quick help from other Terrano owners, I am having difficulty resetting the trip meter. I followed the instructions as per the owners manual, but the trip meter refuses to reset. On pressing the button on the information display, there is a momentary flicker of digits, but nothing happens after that. Just wanted to reconfirm if anyone else is facing a similar problem, if yes, any clues?
Yeah, I also faced that issue the first couple times, what you need to do is go to TRIP and HOLD the reset button on your central display, it will flicker and reset.

Do the same to Fuel Used counter.

IF you do to the overall mileage counter, it will adjust your time, which could be a pain since you have to sit there and adjust it again. More so since you want to match your head-unit time, otherwise you will be off by minutes which is kind of lame.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed