Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2014, 10:58   #436
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Car is free of anything that could force it to rattle. I took everything out of the glove compartment, drove around and the sound is still there. I dont keep water or any bottles in the car so its not that.

The tool area in the back does have a few squeaks here and there but thats ONLY on rough road. This rattle from the windshield / headliner is even over some small bumpy rough roads where the pavement is a bit scraped up.
Old 30th January 2014, 12:08   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Liked the pic with mountain background. Awesome!

Just hold your reins for 3000kms. I know it's tough. But the vehicle will love you back
Thanks HillMan. the pic was taken in Theni, on way to Kodaikanal. Will keep your advice in mind on speed. im planning to take a trip to Sri Kalahasti this weekend.
Old 30th January 2014, 12:52   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
The tool area in the back does have a few squeaks here and there but thats ONLY on rough road. This rattle from the windshield / headliner is even over some small bumpy rough roads where the pavement is a bit scraped up.
Please check the rear view Mirror. I think that may be the source. Try this.

While driving if you hear the rattle, hold the rear view mirror at the point where its attached to the windshield and slightly press it towards the windshield. If the rattle stops, you know the problem.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 16:02   #439
BHPian

I have been trying many things to pinpoint where the rattle could be, I did that trick and while it did slightly dampen the noise, it still persisted from around the passenger side headliner.

Its a tik tik sound kind of like a keyboard types. Just a bit annoying since I have a pet peeve about ensuring things are perfect.
Old 30th January 2014, 19:46   #440
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Its been a month since the beast came home and I have completed close to 2200 Kms. Just completed a weekend trip to Madhumalai and got a FE of 18.5. For most of the trip I was getting a FE of 19.5-20 (touched even 22.5) but heavy traffic on my way back to Bangalore ruined the figures. During the trip, I had to cover a stretch of ~2km where roads were non-existent. Actually it would be fair to say that I had my first off-road experience and I was amazed how well behaved the car was. We had a Thar leading our way into the forest and a couple of my friends sitting in it were thoroughly shaken on the stretch. But, me and wifey made it without any discomfort whatsoever. Have to say, I was mighty impressed (so was wifey) with the vehicle and its capabilities. Would be sharing some pictures soon.
Old 31st January 2014, 12:18   #441
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Its a tik tik sound kind of like a keyboard types. Just a bit annoying since I have a pet peeve about ensuring things are perfect.
I had exactly similar tik tik sound in my Swift. MASS tried everything, they could think of and still couldn't fix it. Whereas I was very concerned, as this can be heard even on smooth road.

I decided to jack up the car in MASS and inspect myself at MASS. On close inspection, it was foundthat inside FR wheel near axle, ABS/Sensor cable got off the holding clip, and when alloy rotates it use to touch the arms of the alloy wheel and it use to make tik-tik sound. The wire insulation was almost open, fortunately before failure, I found it fixed it.

Try your luck.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 18:03   #442
BHPian

Hi Everyone!! This is my first post in Team-BHP and am very excited to be part of this passionate community. I got delivery of my 110 PS dci Nissan Terrano on 17th Jan 2014 and have completed around 2000km in two weeks. This includes two long drives to my hometown Chickmaglur (600 km both ways). Few pics here.. Will write more about good and bads in detail by this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20140117wa0010.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20140117wa0009.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20140118_0850061.jpg  

CkmGowda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 23:13   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
Hi Everyone!! This is my first post in Team-BHP and am very excited to be part of this passionate community. I got delivery of my 110 PS dci Nissan Terrano on 17th Jan 2014 and have completed around 2000km in two weeks. This includes two long drives to my hometown Chickmaglur (600 km both ways). Few pics here.. Will write more about good and bads in detail by this weekend.
Congratulations on your new acquisition, The color looks great, what made you go for the Terrano over the Duster and how long was the Waiting period.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 10:05   #444
BHPian

Congrats Buddy. Enjoy it; its a well engineered car (SO FAR)
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:45   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition, The color looks great, what made you go for the Terrano over the Duster and how long was the Waiting period.
Thank you! I Choose Terrano over duster for two reasons:
1) Nissan brand - somehow feels nissan has more global appeal then Renualt and I dont see any other product from Renualt in near future making an impact in India. So kind of concerned about Renault's long term game here.
2 ) Styling - Inside and outside (although minor difference inside). Quite impressed with Nissan's idea of bring their global design language (that grill and taillamp) for SUV's with Terrano.
There was no waiting period. Booked on 30th Dec 2014 and got delivered on 17th Jan 2014.
CkmGowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:45   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
Thank you! I Choose Terrano over duster for two reasons:
1) Nissan brand - somehow feels nissan has more global appeal then Renualt and I dont see any other product from Renualt in near future making an impact in India. So kind of concerned about Renault's long term game here.
2 ) Styling - Inside and outside (although minor difference inside). Quite impressed with Nissan's idea of bring their global design language (that grill and taillamp) for SUV's with Terrano.
There was no waiting period. Booked on 30th Dec 2014 and got delivered on 17th Jan 2014.
congratulations on purchase...wishing you many happy miles on your new car.

BTW, regarding the waiting period, I was in Ahmedabad for few days where my parents were planning to get this car. When I visited the dealer, I got similar response...for certain colors, the delivery was immediate and for rest, a max of 2 weeks delivery time. Seems like after price rise, few folks might have cancelled the booking due to an increasing difference with Duster (specially after the discounts that Renault is giving).

Also, we were looking at 110 Diesel but SA was like, if its city, just buy the 85PS model as its still very powerful and does not have turbo lag.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:41   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Also, we were looking at 110 Diesel but SA was like, if its city, just buy the 85PS model as its still very powerful and does not have turbo lag.
Yep, the SA has given good advice. A Bhpian has driver Duster 85 to Leh with no sweat. By my own experience the engine is powerful enough for ghat sections. Only on long highway you will feel if there was that one more gear like 110ps. In city I rarely get to slot onto 5th gear thou.

That said 110 has better turbo kick for the enthusiasts and overtaking on highway is a breeze
Old 9th February 2014, 10:58   #448
BHPian

How is the 85ps with regards to overtaking performance say you are at 100 and want to overtake a car does it run out of breath? Till what speed will the 85ps go before running out of breath.

Last edited by terra85 : 9th February 2014 at 11:02. Reason: extension
Old 9th February 2014, 11:29   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
How is the 85ps with regards to overtaking performance say you are at 100 and want to overtake a car does it run out of breath? Till what speed will the 85ps go before running out of breath.
Just change from 5th to 4th and accelerate. 100 is an easy number for 85. I'd say from 130 it is out of breadth for quick overtakes.
Old 10th February 2014, 01:32   #450

I had my second highway drive last weekend in my 85ps terrano. The car has now completed 2000km in a litle more than month. though while driving in city the car never gave me the feeling of being underpowered, on highways i have doubts about it going past 120. I must say, though, that i didnt test the vehicle as i kept my maximum speed to 100 keeping in mind the initial RPM restriction. whats the maximum speed any one has touched in a 85ps Terrano?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks