Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 13:29   #466
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Are there an options available for stubby (shorter) antennas? The one that came with Terrano is a bit long and it gets stuck in the ceiling every now and then. I have currently opened it and put in the trunk as I feared that it might break the antenna or worse, could cause major scratches on the car. It would have been helpful if there was a way to retract the antenna to a convenient height.
Old 18th February 2014, 14:58   #467
BHPian

Just completed 4000Kms a week back! So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Thanks, that is what I have read and the dealer suggested 30 in the front and 32 in the back.
Had the vehicle delivered with 33ps in front and 25ps in the rear . I drove like that for around 2500Kms and then corrected to the recommended pressure of 29PS. It makes a huge difference while taking on sharp humps as the car tends to throw you around in the seat at higher PSI. 29ps is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
The tool area in the back does have a few squeaks here and there but thats ONLY on rough road.
I get consistent squeaks from the back when the rear tires recover from a large hump. The car jack holder is flimsy plastic and tends to let go of the tool at times. In the front, I have placed thinly sliced sponge in the pop open storage on the dashboard, or else anything in there glasses, coins, lighter tend to rattle. The main dashboard storage on the passenger side has car perfume bottle, phone charger, coins etc. as major culprits. I usually wrap them in tissue and place them there. I keep an umbrella covered in a polythene bag so that it fits correctly into the slot. Anything loose here can create noise.
Yes, I am fuzzy about the rattles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
I had my second highway drive last weekend in my 85ps terrano. The car has now completed 2000km in a litle more than month. though while driving in city the car never gave me the feeling of being underpowered, on highways i have doubts about it going past 120. I must say, though, that i didnt test the vehicle as i kept my maximum speed to 100 keeping in mind the initial RPM restriction. whats the maximum speed any one has touched in a 85ps Terrano?
I have completed around 4k on my 85PS. Had to break the speed limit at around 2k
(not recommended). It is irritating to drive between 80km & 100km as you miss the extra gear. The car is most comfortable between 100km and 120km. It maxes out at another 30km, but at those speeds both the engine and wind noise turn real monsters and it is definitely not comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
Thanks mate! This is called artificial Nappa. I paid 13k including pure leather steering cover.
Nice work on the seat covers. I am still looking for some art leather stuff.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please restrict smiley usage to two per post only.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th February 2014 at 12:45. Reason: See mod note in post.
Old 18th February 2014, 15:11   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Had the vehicle delivered with 33ps in front and 25ps in the rear . I drove like that for around 2500Kms and then corrected to the recommended pressure of 29PS. It makes a huge difference while taking on sharp humps as the car tends to throw you around in the seat at higher PSI. 29ps is perfect!
When you tank up for the first time, its very important to get the air-pressure sorted out. Mostly for delivery purposes they are inflated.
Old 18th February 2014, 17:04   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post

I get consistent squeaks from the back when the rear tires recover from a large hump. The car jack holder is flimsy plastic and tends to let go of the tool at times.

Same problem with ride quality. But, unfortunatly mine is still the same after changing the tyre pressure. Initially the tyre pressure was inflated. But even after after changing to 29ps (both front and rear) I have the same issue. The ride quality is very stiff and jerky. Its not the same has duster for sure. And more importantly it is getting harder day by day. Just to compare, Yesterday I visited Renault showroom just to compare. I took the sales guy whom I knew along with service mechanic and both agreed that the ride is stiff. Dont know what to to..

My second issue: In the mornings there is a strong burnt smell at the start and rattle or jerkiness from engine for first 5 to 8 km. The sound is almost like its you are in the wrong gear and struggling. And once the engine warms up its gone. So by the time I take the car to showroom, there is no rattle. Is this normal in all dusters, 110ps engine?

I checked with the Surya Nissan guys twice and they are not able to solve or accept the problem. They suggested to start the engine and keep in idle for 2 min in the morning. I did that but issue remains the same. So next week I am planning to leave the vehicle on the previous evening and show in the next morning. Annoying circus for a new car.
Old 19th February 2014, 14:52   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
My second issue: In the mornings there is a strong burnt smell at the start and rattle or jerkiness from engine for first 5 to 8 km. The sound is almost like its you are in the wrong gear and struggling. And once the engine warms up its gone. So by the time I take the car to showroom, there is no rattle. Is this normal in all dusters, 110ps engine?
I used to get the same burnt smell during morning starts but the smell has gone away after a month of use. Maybe its something do with the new engine.

About the ride quality, I also feel that the car acts a little stiff and transfers the undulations from the roads to the passengers inside the cabin. To add to it, there is a very annoying rattling/creaking sound from the drivers' side door every time you go over a pothole (no matter how slowly and carefully). I feel it has something to do with the window panes rattling and am looking for a solution. Shahwar Nissan did some lubrication of doors during 1K checkup but that hasn't been helpful.
Old 19th February 2014, 21:27   #471

Anyone got info on how much the excise duty reduction will bring down the prices by? Checked with Surya and they were clueless, Shahwar said they will know the price cut details in a day or 2... Seems to be a good time to go ahead and book the 110..
Old 19th February 2014, 23:26   #472
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to experience the Terrano finally as my colleague has bought one. It definitely looks much more handsome than the Duster upfront but the side profile does not gel well with the front. But overall,Nissan has done a good job of making it look good on the outside.
The drive was short and the engine felt fine..not much of a lag as such. The car had lumbar support which was a surprise as I didn't expect it.
The interiors felt okay but nothing special considering the price. I think C+ segment Sedans have much better interiors.

What was a huge disappointment is the rear leg space which is similar to a large hatchback like Jazz or the Ford ecosport, both <4m. I guess all the extra length has gone into the boot or Renault/Nissan has not done a great job of extracting more space.

Can anybody tell me why the Terrano is about 100 kg heavier than the Duster? The build did not seem significantly different than the Duster.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:41   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I had a chance to experience the Terrano finally as my colleague has bought one...

...Can anybody tell me why the Terrano is about 100 kg heavier than the Duster? The build did not seem significantly different than the Duster.
True. I think I read somewhere that the weight figures quoted in team bhp review for Duster are for the international variants.

The unladen weight of my 85ps top end Duster is 1281 kg. Terrano owners, please can you mention the unladen weight of your car ?
Old 20th February 2014, 15:41   #474
BHPian

Saw this article posted on Nissan India: http://www.nissan.in/en-IN/News/NISS..._IN_INDIA.aspx

Hopefully customers will experience better ASS and easy/faster access to spares

Snippet:
Mumbai, February 14, 2014:Nissan announced today that its Indian subsidiary – Nissan Motor India Private Ltd (NMIPL) – has assumed full responsibility for the sales, marketing and distribution of all Nissan-branded vehicles and parts in India, with immediate effect from February 14, 2014. Nissan stated that its agreement with Hover Automotive India Pvt. Ltd. for exclusive sales, marketing and distribution of Nissan branded vehicles and parts in India has been terminated.
Old 20th February 2014, 22:04   #475
BHPian

Hi,
i'm expecting delivery of my 110 PS variant soon. I'm trying to have the dealer invoice the car at the updated prices, so stuck with some paperwork clearance...

As an alternative, the dealer has proposed that i take the same price but get some accessories worth the difference amount instead. I wanted to know if particularly the side step units across the doors are any good and are their any known cons of getting these installed. (stability, increased weight etc...)

Also, any feedback on the Michelin Latitude Tour HP as an alternative to the stock tyres ?

~Vinayak
Old 20th February 2014, 22:18   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
Hi,
i'm expecting delivery of my 110 PS variant soon. I'm trying to have the dealer invoice the car at the updated prices, so stuck with some paperwork clearance...

As an alternative, the dealer has proposed that i take the same price but get some accessories worth the difference amount instead. I wanted to know if particularly the side step units across the doors are any good and are their any known cons of getting these installed. (stability, increased weight etc...)

Also, any feedback on the Michelin Latitude Tour HP as an alternative to the stock tyres ?

~Vinayak
I don't think side steps are needed on the Terrano. Had it been XUV, it makes sense. Getting in and out of Terrano is a breeze due to the height of these kind of vehicles.

The stock tyres are pretty good. Any particular reason you want to change them?
Old 20th February 2014, 22:46   #477
BHPian

Quote:
side step units
Dont go for any kind of steps, it will reduce the ground clearance and the ingress-egress angles. It also looks odd with the existing cladding.
Old 20th February 2014, 22:47   #478
BHPian

Quote:
As an alternative, the dealer has proposed that i take the same price but get some accessories worth the difference amount instead.
Vinayak, does that mean you would be paying the road tax on a higher invoice amount? Do check what would be the additional burden.
Old 20th February 2014, 23:11   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Vinayak, does that mean you would be paying the road tax on a higher invoice amount? Do check what would be the additional burden.
I'm getting the car as a company leased vehicle so effectively it's only the ex-showroom price that i'm dealing with. Road tax and Insurance will be taken in by the Leasing company.
That said, the dealer tells me that the price comes down by about 37K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Dont go for any kind of steps, it will reduce the ground clearance and the ingress-egress angles. It also looks odd with the existing cladding.
thanks for that bit of info...! i've decided against having these now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I don't think side steps are needed on the Terrano. Had it been XUV, it makes sense. Getting in and out of Terrano is a breeze due to the height of these kind of vehicles.

The stock tyres are pretty good. Any particular reason you want to change them?
No particular reason, just that i've had supreme experience with Michelin on my Ritz for over 60K Kms now. So i figured that would help. I've got mixed opinion on the Wanderer stock shoes so a little undecided on what to do.
Old 24th February 2014, 11:08   #480
BHPian

Hi Guys,

How are you finding the sound quality on stock speakers? Has anyone gone for the ICE upgrade yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks