Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 00:12   #541
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Just booked terrano 85 xld option in Bangalore have been promised delivery in 15 days by shahwar nissan . Did the others in Bangalore get any offers on it.
Old 6th July 2014, 22:49   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Just booked terrano 85 xld option in Bangalore have been promised delivery in 15 days by shahwar nissan . Did the others in Bangalore get any offers on it.
None!! But, you can easily save few thousands by opting out for 3rd party insurance.
Old 10th July 2014, 23:20   #543
BHPian

Thanks anyways but insurance has already been paid and c ar has already arrived at dealers within 5 days of booking .
Old 14th July 2014, 01:56   #544

I am currently preparing for a road trip to Leh from Chennai and looking for tips and advice (including routes and best time). is it necessary to have another spare tyre? is there anybody here who has done the trip or any one interested to do it now?
Old 15th July 2014, 12:44   #545
BHPian

A question to Terrano owners: A friend of mine is convinced that the Terrano comes with all metal front bumpers. I told him that it's just painted plastic/abs but he doesn't agree. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:53   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
A question to Terrano owners: A friend of mine is convinced that the Terrano comes with all metal front bumpers. I told him that it's just painted plastic/abs but he doesn't agree. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks in advance.
The Terrano most certainly has Plastic/Abs bumpers. I doubt any passenger car in India comes with metal bumpers now. The last one was the Maruti Omni, which too shifted to plastic in the square light facelift.
JayD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 12:54   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All passenger vehicles in India come with plastic bumpers. Apart from the cost and weight savings, this is also mandated by law for frontal collision/pedestrian impact protection. Reason why the last members of "iron bumper" brigade; i.e. the erstwhile Ambassador and the current Maruti Omni also had to change to the plasticky stuff!

Last edited by arjab : 15th July 2014 at 12:56. Reason: corrected spelling mistake
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 14:39   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
All passenger vehicles in India come with plastic bumpers. Apart from the cost and weight savings, this is also mandated by law for frontal collision/pedestrian impact protection. Reason why the last members of "iron bumper" brigade; i.e. the erstwhile Ambassador and the current Maruti Omni also had to change to the plasticky stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The Terrano most certainly has Plastic/Abs bumpers. I doubt any passenger car in India comes with metal bumpers now. The last one was the Maruti Omni, which too shifted to plastic in the square light facelift.
Thanks for the info guys. However AFAIK there is one passenger vehicle that still comes with steel bumpers - The Bolero. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. I tapped the front bumper of one that's parked near my office and it felt like metal.

Last edited by vivekgk : 15th July 2014 at 14:42.
Old 15th July 2014, 16:04   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. However AFAIK there is one passenger vehicle that still comes with steel bumpers - The Bolero. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. I tapped the front bumper of one that's parked near my office and it felt like metal.
Correction Vivek. The steel bumper on Bolero has been long replaced with fiber ones. the stylish looking bumpers on the new lots are not metal. In present days, I dont recall any cars coming out with steel bumpers. Even the new Ambys had fibers.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 18:56   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Bolero bumpers have also gone plastic. The bumper support bracket of the Bolero are metal, so that might have given off a "metallic" sound when you tapped it. Press the mid portion of a Bolero bumper, the area in front of the radiator grille to check.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 23:34   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
I am currently preparing for a road trip to Leh from Chennai and looking for tips and advice (including routes and best time). is it necessary to have another spare tyre? is there anybody here who has done the trip or any one interested to do it now?
I don't think anyone here has done it in a terrano yet but few have in a duster would be definitely better to carry extra and a puncture repair kit too .air pump as well .
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 06:33   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Correction Vivek. The steel bumper on Bolero has been long replaced with fiber ones. the stylish looking bumpers on the new lots are not metal. In present days, I dont recall any cars coming out with steel bumpers. Even the new Ambys had fibers.
Sorry for going OT again, but Are you sure guys? The Cardekho review of the new Bolero says this: "The front bumper on the New Bolero has an all new design, made of metal which extends its robustness." The review is here. Thanks again for the info on the Terrano.
Old 16th July 2014, 07:39   #553
BHPian

Quote:
"The front bumper on the New Bolero has an all new design, made of metal which extends its robustness."
I didn't read through the article. It's a 2012 review and the pictures posted in it are the plastic bumpers.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:34   #554
BHPian

Are the seats on terrano and duster the same.
Old 16th July 2014, 19:00   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Are the seats on terrano and duster the same.
Structurally they're the same. However I've felt that Terrano has a softer seat compound.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks