Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 07:02   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Are the seats on terrano and duster the same.
More or less the same. The seat cover material is different. But then it is different for each variant. This also make subtle difference in the stiffness of the seats. Look and comfort is a personal preference.

I got myself an art leather seat covers fitted over existing fabric seats of Duster.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 07:49   #557
BHPian

Is the ride quality of duster and terrano the same?
Old 17th July 2014, 10:04   #558
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Is the ride quality of duster and terrano the same?
Underneath both are the same vehicle with same engineering. So the ride quality remains the same.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 15:41   #559
BHPian

Can any of the Terrano owners tell how the headlights are as i do quite a lot of highway driving, May want to change if inadequate.
Old 21st July 2014, 12:08   #560

Nissan Terrano 110 xv, the exhaust doesn't smell right.

I have a new Nissan Terrano run 8000kms. For some reason the exhaust smell is very different to other cars. Even an open space if the car is idling the smell is quite pungent and you end up closing your nose. Does anybody what the problem might be, and is this something I need to worry about?
Old 21st July 2014, 12:38   #561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano 110 xv, the exhaust doesn't smell right.

I think its pretty normal.
I get a pungent smell as well when i start my Thar/Scorpio/Linea inside a garage closed from 3 sides.
AFAIK it has something to do with Cat Con.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 21st July 2014 at 12:39.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 13:36   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess modern common rail diesels have this smell.
Petrol cars smell like... well cars.
Carburreted petrols smell pretty sweet.
Old diesels smell sooty, but at least tolerable.

Whereas new school common rail diesel smell just like how car emissions should be. OUT TO KILL YOU...
The smell is just so awful, like some deathly gas being pumped out to knock you out, that the moment a new diesel car starts near me am out of the place.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 13:43   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty View Post
I have a new Nissan Terrano run 8000kms. For some reason the exhaust smell is very different to other cars. Even an open space if the car is idling the smell is quite pungent and you end up closing your nose. Does anybody what the problem might be, and is this something I need to worry about?
With diesels,the pungent smell you are referring too is Sulphur.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 14:27   #564

Thank you Akshay4587, Dicky and Rakesh,
Noted. So I guess its morning to worry about. I had a Scorpio crde which I sold before I bought the Terrano. But the Terrano exhaust smells very different. Maybe I have to get used to it. My mechanic did tell me it might be the catalytic convertor.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:37   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Is the smell more pronounced during a cold start? Well this is normal, our Figo also smells bad during a cold startup but settles down a bit when warmed up.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:38   #566
J.Ravi

Quote:
you end up closing your nose.
Not only nose, but also eyes. In addition to the pungent smell, my eyes get irritated, when my XUV 500 idles as I check tyre pressure using the portable compressor inside the garage. I did not experience this with my erstwhile petrol Linea's exhaust fumes.
  (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 17:49   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Is the smell more pronounced during a cold start? Well this is normal, our Figo also smells bad during a cold startup but settles down a bit when warmed up.
Not really, I have not noted much of a difference. Will keep in mind and see if it is any different.
Old 26th July 2014, 08:45   #568
BHPian

Ok guys will pick up my car tomorrow. will try post pictures on monday.
Old 30th July 2014, 14:22   #569
BHPian

Got delivery of my Terrano XL D option on Sunday. Delivery experience was fine will post a few pictures and plan to put up ownership thread soon after a little more driving .
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-a8.jpg  

Old 5th August 2014, 11:42   #570
BHPian

I discovered something horrifying today on my BIL's Terrano. Front doors (both passenger and driver door) DO NOT lock from inside. Either you lock them manually or it gets auto-lock on the run, both doors are locked from outside but can be opened form inside when they supposed to be locked. What happens if you accidentally unlock from inside when vehicle is on the run or even worse, what if your kid playing on your lap touches door latch? Unfortunately that’s how I found out, but it was within the city limit and vehicle was stationary in traffic signal. Agreed, kids are supposed to be in the back seat but again how many of you in India have seen kids in the back seat with child safety seat??
I am eager to know whether I am the only one surprised here, are other Terrano owners aware of this? What surprised me was response from service engineers and service manager. I first reported this to a service rep and told him to fix it as it is broken. He went to check with other Terranos parked there and casually said nothing can be done sir as its factory fitment. This was news to him as well and he asked me to speak to his service manager. This manager gave some illogical reasons as to why doors have to be locked from outside but not from inside. If you go by that logic, why has Nissan provided door locks from both inside and outside for other cars like Sunny and Micra (I have checked it personally with cars parked in the service centre).

Point I am trying to make is, when Nissan can provide Airbag as standard fitment and brag about it as safety feature how can this miss the bus?

Most Viewed