Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 11:58   #571
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Front doors (both passenger and driver door) DO NOT lock from inside.
Its as per the design, its the same with Duster too. Its a safety feature to open the door in case of emergencies. IMO, it would have been better if they limit it to the driver side door. However this is far better than the auto lock or any other similar designs.
Old 14th August 2014, 13:46   #572
BHPian

Has anyone fitted driver arm rest in Terrano 110 PS which has rear AC vent? If not a universal arm rest, is a custom fit be possible and any recommendation of where it could be done in Bangalore?
Old 15th August 2014, 08:33   #573
BHPian

Can we expect the AWD version of terrano like the duster or is it just reserved for the latter? Although they are the same cars I really prefer the terrano over duster. Hence the question.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:58   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Has anyone fitted driver arm rest in Terrano 110 PS which has rear AC vent? If not a universal arm rest, is a custom fit be possible and any recommendation of where it could be done in Bangalore?
I have got an 85 PS the universal arm rest base is weak my suggestion is to buy it then get the base made at any lathe shop in metal for reinforcement.That way it can make a customiized fit .
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 14:51   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
I have got an 85 PS the universal arm rest base is weak my suggestion is to buy it then get the base made at any lathe shop in metal for reinforcement.That way it can make a customiized fit .
Thanks @ Terra85 . Strength is one concern but I am worried more about if universal arm rest can be fitted in 110 PS variant with rear AC vents as rear AC occupies the space that might be needed for arm rest.
I checked with the Local accessory shop and he said that fitting arm rest will not be possible in my variant.

Can you please post the picture of your arm rest taken from back seat and top of arm rest covering the base so that I can check if I have the needed space?
Old 18th August 2014, 16:42   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Just booked terrano 85 xld option in Bangalore have been promised delivery in 15 days by shahwar nissan . Did the others in Bangalore get any offers on it.
@ Terra, I got 60K cash discount on top end model (110 PS XV Premium from Shahwar Nissan Bangalore). But this discount was negotiated by and only applicable for my Car lease provider Orix (mine is a company leased car). My friend in same company bought Terrano from another lease provider and she did not get any discount.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:02   #577
BHPian

I bought new Nissan Terrano 110 PS XV Premium on 29th June from Shahwar Nissan, Bangalore. Feels absolutely amazing

My impressions so far are:

1) About Delivery
Delivery was as promised with ODOmeter showing 24 kms. No undue waits. But Shahwar Nissan had stuck something on left hand side of the windshield and then removed it (Probably for registration - Any idea what it could be?). The gum that was used is still on windshield and I did not observe it during delivery. I am not able to remove it with shampoo/Colgene. I complained to Shahwar Nissan and they asked me to get it to showroom to remove it. So far have found no time to do it.

2) About the Car and Ride
Its Bronze Grey color and the car looks smashing.

Positives
  • •Smashing looks, Amazing Alloys
  • • Cumfy Leather seats
  • • Amazing ride and handling; Superb suspension
  • • Superb Noise insulation
  • • Very good Audio - I had expected average sound quality based on reviews but sound quality is excellent.
  • • I had come across many reviews about turbo lag in 110 compared to 85. I guess you just need to get used to 110 driving style and is absolutely no extra effort to drive in city.
  • • Amazing 6th gear. It just cruises in 6th gear. I drive on outer ring road in Bangalore and leave early in the morning at 6.30 AM to office and often use 6th gear. It just glides at 90-100 KM speed with less than 2000 RPM

Not so good
  • •The overall build quality is not as strong as I expected it to be. I was owning Ford Fiesta before and the doors, mirrors and overall build quality in Fiesta was sturdier.
  • •No dead peddle; you sorely miss this in this car.
  • •Flimsy controls for AC , Head light etc.
  • •The gap between Clutch and Break is very narrow which matters in hard breaking situation; could have been a bit wider
  • •Rudimentary control for driver seat height adjustment; not easy to find the perfect position to drive.

Accessories added:
  • •Rear Spoiler
  • •Caska Entertainment system
  • •Water resistant Body Cover

The Caska Entertainment system comes with DVD video, GPS and reverse camera. The OEM system that came with the Terrano was given to me after I asked for it and Shahwar Nissan claimed that even if it was fitted again features like Bluetooth would not work.

I had service issue with Caska soon after. I did a basic check before delivery and everything seemed to work. But when I went home, I checked that USB and microphone for Bluetooth (The other person speaking to me could not hear me but I could hear himwell over the bluetooth) was not working.
Caska took 3 days to send a technician after repeated calls and Caska absolutely has no time sense; you have to be ready whole day for them to come. (When I called the technician at 11 AM on third day he complained that he was sleeping!).

On the third day technician fixed the USB issue but had no idea about microphone ( I had to show him how to use the system). Finally after I fought with Caska, they agreed to replace the system on 6th day. Same technician arrives at 5 PM (after repeated calls to him, Customer support and Sales Head) after promising to come at 11 AM and finally replaces the system.

But on a positive note, everything seems to be working fine after the replacement and I am happy with system itself but had bitter experience with Caska service already.

After I bought Terrano, first 2 weeks I mostly used it for city driving. Even in heavy traffic it almost felt like a Car and did not feel like I was driving a SUV. The one issue I faced is the gear shift it self. The clutch is moderately heavy and since anyway I was driving Ford Fiesta before I didn't feel it as very heavy. But the gear shift with some kind of slotting action is not to my liking and is not very comfortable. Also, I feel that it is not comfortable to shift gears rapidly in Terrano unlike in a Car.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:27   #578
BHPian

Some snaps of my Beast below!

1) Side view
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_134004.jpg

2) Front View
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_133933.jpg

3) Rear View
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140629_131647.jpg

4) Stunning Alloy
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_134032.jpg

5) Dashboard - Check the Caska system running
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_133809.jpg

6) Front seats - Doors open fully and entry/exit is comfortable
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_133615.jpg

7) Front Door - Check out the piano wood finish and shiny handle that comes in XV Premium
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_133734.jpg

8) Rear Seat - Leg room is strictly okay
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_133910.jpg

9) Spacious Boot - Wish Nissan had reduced the boot a bit and given more leg room for the rear seat
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140712_134111.jpg

10) On the way to Coorg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140719_124437.jpg

11) Beast resting in the resort in Coorg amidst heavy rain and wind!
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20140722_145034.jpg
Acelerar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:16   #579
BHPian

Congratulations awesome ride I didn't get much discount approximately 4 with some things like parking camera mats and stuff as 85 is faster moving I was busy with work will upload pictures of armrest. I have installed it similarly to those who have on duster.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 08:38   #580
BHPian

here are a few pictures of the car and my armrest
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-c1.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-c3.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-a5.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-c5.jpg  

terra85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 11:25   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you buy the armrest from? What is the cost? Recently I saw in Groupon online shopping site for somwhere around 1000/- a piece. But Duster or Terrano name was not mentioned though many other cars were mentioned.
Old 27th August 2014, 12:33   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
Where did you buy the armrest from? What is the cost?
You need something like this. There are plenty available online.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...041413&alt=web

This fits in right for Duster and Terrano variants without the rear A/C.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 13:24   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Terra85. Car looks very nice . Arm rest looks well integrated. Did the fixing of the arm rest needed drilling hole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
You need something like this. There are plenty available online.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...041413&alt=web

This fits in right for Duster and Terrano variants without the rear A/C.
Thanks HillMan. My Terrano has rear AC vent so I guess this universal arm rest can't be fitted? Have you come across any option for Duster/Terrano with rear AC vents?
Old 27th August 2014, 17:12   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Have you come across any option for Duster/Terrano with rear AC vents?
There is not enough space behind the A/C vent to fix an armrest. It will obstruct the hand brake operation. You might have to fabricate one yourself, the working could be something like you see in airplanes where the armrest is connected to the hinge of the seat.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 12:42   #585
BHPian

Reached 13000K on the Odo and going good! Don't know if it is just me, but I feel the ride quality is lot better now. No other issues observed.

Completed a Bangalore-Ooty trip recently. Have to say, pretty surprised at how the 85PS handled the hairpins. I was expecting to lag behind the trucks Some pics attached.

The fabric seats are a mess and look ugly now. Planning to get some covers done at Imperial Leather, Banarghatta. Nappa sounds good. And the work looks good. Check them out on Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-1.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-2.jpg  

anil_neo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks