Team-BHP - Nissan Terrano : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Terrano : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/142751-nissan-terrano-official-review-4.html)

The review is fantastic. Thanks a lot for the very detailed review.

I don't think Terrano will sell well, because not a lot of people will be willing to pay more just for looks. With competition from Ecosport(with a difference of ~2 lakhs in price) and its own sibling Duster, the sales will be very less. If Nissan introduces a 4WD or an AWD system in Terrano, that would be a USP, and it would draw more people. A 5 seater compact AWD SUV will be awesome. Yeti is the only vehicle with that currently. Nissan should also have taken the opportunity to improve interior quality and ergonomics.

Great job by Nissan. The duster is now being offered with 30 thousand rs discounts. They have made the duster feel its good value :)

Great review Aditya! Terrano is no doubt a cosmetically different Duster. There is no justification visible for about 1 lac rs premium over Duster. Infact, from some angles, Duster looks better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra85 (Post 3261584)
Great job by Nissan. The duster is now being offered with 30 thousand rs discounts. They have made the duster feel its good value :)

Could you please confirm the source of this news? A friend bought the petrol Duster today and did not get any substantial discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahwa (Post 3261644)
Could you please confirm the source of this news? A friend bought the petrol Duster today and did not get any substantial discount.

I think he meant this, it came out in the Times of India today.
Sorry for the bad quality of the pic.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-duster.jpg

30K is all exchange benefits put together. It would be best to compare on road prices after all benefits and discounts.

You old car price is something that is manipulated most in such deals. When I was hunting for my car, I found Maruti and Tatas giving me the least exchange price, but then they would give good discounts on new buy. At the same time Whitefield Renault gave me the best price, but no discounts. All worked out to similar figures end of the day.

Hi,

When a review is carried out, is it possible to comment on the water wading capicity of the machine?

When the SUV characteristics are being covered, I think this should get a mention. More so the reason of recall for the Ford Ecosport for change glow plug module location to ensure its claimed 550 mm water wading capacity in diesel trims.

Would be interesting to look at such information,

Cheers

This should surely take away some sales from the Duster and the ES - Titanium (o) bookings which are not delivered yet and buyers completely losing patience. Maybe a small segment of Scorpio clientele may also consider the Terrano. Overall, I dont think this would add significantly to the combined Renault + Nissan kitty

Excellent review:thumbs up

The duster is clearly overpriced by atleast 50K-80K for the quality of materials it offers. Now this comes at a premium of 1lac over the duster. What are the folks at Renault & Nissan smoking?

Renault took customers for a ride over a year, I was hoping after the launch of Ecosport better sense will prevail. However Nissan is hell bent on tasting defeat.

Mahindra should do the XUV 5OO W4 quickly. I for one will pick up a XUV(minus the problematic gizmos) over these tin boxes any day.

Good job by Nissan on the exterior but they could have done a lot more to the interiors. They should have added an Auto Climate Control and Steering Controls (similar to the ones on the Sunny) to make this look better.

And pricing puts the Terrano really close to XUV Territory - an XUV offers a lot more than Terrano in terms of features, looks, room, gives 7 seats and feels a lot more premium.

To illustrate (Source: Carwale),

Terrano XL 110PS OTR in Bangalore is 14.18 Lacs
Terrano XV 110PS OTR in Bangalore is 15.2 Lacs

XUV 500 W6 OTR in Bangalore is 14.7 lacs.

Mahindra is already offering some discounts / freebies on the XUV which would bring it closer to the Terrano XL territory. And XUV W6 has climate control, rear ACs for all 3 rows, True Keyless Start / Stop, better Infotainment unit which Terrano does not have.

With the XUV W4 coming up, which assuming is priced a lac under the W6, would be cheaper than a Terrano XL 110PS but would again offer a lot more. Whilst the initial offerings of Nissan was VFM aka. Sunny, which had a lot more features than others in its class - ACC, Rear Vents, Oodles of space, Steering Mounted controls, Dual Airbags etc) for a lower price tag than say Honda City or the basic variants of Verna, the Terrano appears really overpriced.

Awesome review adithya clap:
the pictures are taken at such fantastic angles it tempts me to buy the vehicle if it had the interiors of Ecosport

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 3261698)
I think he meant this, it came out in the Times of India today.
Sorry for the bad quality of the pic.

Attachment 1150721

Though i think that gang membership is crap stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 3261851)
This should surely take away some sales from the Duster and the ES - Titanium (o) bookings which are not delivered yet and buyers completely losing patience. Maybe a small segment of Scorpio clientele may also consider the Terrano. Overall, I dont think this would add significantly to the combined Renault + Nissan kitty

I totally agree with you narayan but ES- Titanium (o) buyers need to shell out approx 4L extra in which case i feel XUV W6 is a better buy

I was thinking of changing from the Ecosport Tit (o) to the Terrano but the price difference is just too much and the Terrano doesnt have half the features that Ecosport does.

Only thing going for the Terrano are the looks and the fact that it seems a notch bigger than the Ecosport, but 4 lakhs is a high price to pay for that - not to forget the lack of a ton of features !

A quick search for water wading videos of Indian cars got me the Range Rover first drive from OverDrive.
Notice the similarity with diamond cut alloys on Terrano.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-adobe-flash-player_20131010_113723.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-1B9wD9NqI

Excellent review by the team. Covering all that is essential for a long time perspective.

Probably the funniest priced car to hit the market. Hooboy 40k over an already over priced duster. The market of 10 lakh to 15 lakh is a bit spoilt thanks to manufacturers demanding premium for bare basic equipment levels. Look at it! Shoddy plastics and low on equipment and from the back it looks like a robot envisioned from the 80s.
Fret not buyers you still have wonderful choices in the form of sedans say the vento or the linea and if you want your car to be loaded with gadgets write a cheque to Hyundai, these cars won't disappoint you. If you still feel the need for an SUV walk into mahindra and drive the XUV home but if you insist on a compact SUV the duster will be a better choice now more VFM.

The terrano will leave you shortchanged, your wife and your in laws will nag you about its interiors if you're not married your girlfriend might think your poor and lying to her that its an expensive car. Hope is not lost though because when you take them for a drive over our roads they will forget about the cheap plastics and the poor build because the car is like a well polished butler it'll bathe you in comfort as you drive home and when you feel the need for powerrrrr on the freeway it won't dissappoint.

Hi sorry for the late reply it was the newspaper, if we consider the benefits offered the duster rxz can be had for the price of the terrano xl. I guess in a couple of months Nissan will also offer discounts as they will find it difficult to sell as underneath they dont bring anything new to the table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3261171)
Thanks for pointing that out! Strange.

The review has been corrected.

One more Question-

Your comparison chart says price of 85 Ps XL plus is 10.94 and 110 Ps Xl is 11.34, but nissan website says price of 110 Ps Xl is 10.94 and 85 Ps Xl Plus is 11.33.
Would you please clearify who has got typing mistake?